Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2022, 12:32 am

In the rather perplexing app, if I click on offers and promotions, I get a strange resolution error. And if I click 'spending', I get a mysterious message saying 'two accounts' which, if I then click, crashes the app.

The linkage between BA and Barclays has eventually worked. But didn't Barclays basically introduce the credit card to the UK market..? What went wrong?
Old Apr 16, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
I managed to get Apple TV+ working (although there don't seem to be any apps for smart TVs or Android so am stuck using it on a computer) but Apple News still stubbornly refuses to work!
Old Apr 16, 2022, 11:37 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
I managed to get Apple TV+ working (although there don't seem to be any apps for smart TVs or Android so am stuck using it on a computer) but Apple News still stubbornly refuses to work!
There is an app that works well for Amazon Fire Stick if you have one.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
There's an app for Android TV here.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by chistery
There's an app for Android TV here.
I can see the page but says not compatible with any of my devices (not to mention shockingly poor rating!). Thanks for the suggestion tho 👍
Old Apr 17, 2022, 1:33 am

Have you tried clicking the offer link on an iOS device?
News+ did not work for me on my Windows laptop but worked fine on iPhone.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by ed_flyer
Have you tried clicking the offer link on an iOS device?
News+ did not work for me on my Windows laptop but worked fine on iPhone.
Ah OK, weird! I don't have an iOS device but have a VM with MacOS on it lying about so will give that a go.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 11:58 am

I still have no link to Avios in the app, which I have deleted and reinstalled on my iPhone numerous times and have now also installed on an iPad. Each time I register the card, the app hangs saying ‘Registration complete, just a few more steps to finish setting up…’ so I guess that is the issue!

Last edited by Cotswold Eagle; Apr 17, 2022 at 11:59 am Reason: Typo
Old Apr 17, 2022, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Mike P
I must be one of the few people that have had a smooth experience with this card. Applied for the plus card using HfP referral link for the additional 5K Avios. Approved instantly with £20K credit limit. Card arrived OK and works. The only thing I don't have is a Pin sentry device to finalise setting up the app but the desktop site is working OK.

I think I'll count myself lucky looking at this thread. Assuming it keeps working OK it will probably replace my HSBC Prem WE card for non AMEX spend moving forward.
If you have any other bank authentication device like Pin Sentry this will work the same to generate a valid code. Nationwide and Natwest both worked for me.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 3:11 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
I applied on the 29th March and didn’t receive an instant decision. I was meant to be contacted within five working days with a decision. Haven’t heard a peep!

I talked to them on the phone and the woman couldn’t even find my application, as I’ve received no reference number or anything. I did receive a hard credit check and I have my screenshots of the whole process. The company are a shambles.
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 12:07 am

Programs: BA, Avis, Amex
Is there a way to activate the card without the PIN? I have received the card several days ago but not the PIN. I am looking to book an expensive BA Hols today and would like to put through the card. But whichever way I try to activate (including app) it wants me to enter the PIN to activate...
Old Apr 18, 2022, 12:24 am

Programs: BA, Air NZ, Qantas
Originally Posted by OGG flyer
Is there a way to activate the card without the PIN? I have received the card several days ago but not the PIN. I am looking to book an expensive BA Hols today and would like to put through the card. But whichever way I try to activate (including app) it wants me to enter the PIN to activate...
We received the card and viewed the PIN online as we had set up the online account (you don't need the PIN for this). We then used an ATM to change the PIN. This was all before the now defunct PIN arrived in the post.
OGG flyer likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 12:32 am

Programs: BA, Avis, Amex
Originally Posted by air_boi
We received the card and viewed the PIN online as we had set up the online account (you don't need the PIN for this). We then used an ATM to change the PIN. This was all before the now defunct PIN arrived in the post.
Thank you, I downloaded and registered via the Mobile App and it wanted me to enter to PIN to continue. The web browser registration worked without the PIN.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 1:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
I applied on the 29th March and didn’t receive an instant decision. I was meant to be contacted within five working days with a decision. Haven’t heard a peep!

I talked to them on the phone and the woman couldn’t even find my application, as I’ve received no reference number or anything. I did receive a hard credit check and I have my screenshots of the whole process. The company are a shambles.
Yeah, trying to change an existing card has been a frustrating and futile experience. Now given up and cancelled it so at least there’s the outside chance of being able to apply for a new one in 6 months and it all proceeding smoothly!?
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 4:25 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Originally Posted by Mike P
I must be one of the few people that have had a smooth experience with this card. Applied for the plus card using HfP referral link for the additional 5K Avios. Approved instantly with £20K credit limit. Card arrived OK and works.
Hi, have you actually been credited the HfP 5K Bonus Avios yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.