Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2022, 9:16 am

This just isn't very good, is it?

Delays getting the card, trouble activating it, endless time on hold with lovely staff who couldn't help, repeated 00002 error logging in on the app, all very annoying.

Two things are really bugging me though:

1) like some others here my IOS App is giving me no means to "View my Avios" or link my accounts. I just have no idea whether the HfP offer has registered or what I should do about it.

2) the fact that I cannot get the AppleTV+ offer to work: "we're sorry but we haven't been able to find your account". I am stuck in bed with Covid - now is the time I want it and beautifully there seems to be no escalation procedure.

Any ideas?
Old Apr 14, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aviosluv
Will be making a big purchase to the sum of £2,500 in the coming weeks.

Has anyone got a referral link, or is it not the same as AmEx referrals? PM me.
No referral option but it does sometimes appear on Quidco.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold
Well I got my card, I finally got the app to work. I can see my Avios balance. However, doesn't appear to be compatible with Apple Pay and the £200 credit limit is a bit of a nuisance but will they accept that my entire income is unearned and I have neither employment nor self-employment? No. I suspect they'll close my account soon enough.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:14 pm

Anyone any the wiser about the HfP 5k bonus avios? They’re not showing in the Barclaycard app (which I’ve managed to get to show my current avios and progress towards the voucher, albeit rather laggy as mentioned elsewhere in the thread). What not showing at all is the bonus.

I also need to take Barclaycard to task on my target date, as it’s showing as a day after my application, but given that I didn’t get the card for two clear weeks after I applied, I’m not having that.

So, still some teething issues but most stuff is working fine for me now the card has arrived (and I didn’t have any of the “prove your income” hassle either, FWIW),
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by abraxias
Well I got my card, I finally got the app to work. I can see my Avios balance. However, doesn't appear to be compatible with Apple Pay and the £200 credit limit is a bit of a nuisance but will they accept that my entire income is unearned and I have neither employment nor self-employment? No. I suspect they'll close my account soon enough.
If our experience is anything to go by, no. Absolutely hopeless. You either tick ALL the boxes or 'computer says no' ! Has anyone actually succeeded in getting them to look at some different form of evidence??
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:39 pm

Programs: AmEx & Barclaycard Avios Plus
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
If our experience is anything to go by, no. Absolutely hopeless. You either tick ALL the boxes or 'computer says no' ! Has anyone actually succeeded in getting them to look at some different form of evidence??
I’ve declared my income and for now my credit limit is a whopping £200 as well… great when I need to make a purchase 10x the amount… who tf on an above median salary gets a credit limit of £200? Joke. Amex crushes this so far…
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:57 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I’ve declared my income and for now my credit limit is a whopping £200 as well… great when I need to make a purchase 10x the amount… who tf on an above median salary gets a credit limit of £200? Joke. Amex crushes this so far…
Be prepared to submit your proof of income several times, I’ve just submitted my third set 🤷‍♂️

Their email says “Unfortunately, we can’t see your name/address and income clearly on the documents you uploaded. Please can you check and try again?” The PDF is downloaded direct from my bank, perfectly legible and includes all the data they say they cannot see.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by roked
I had the same issue, it did sort itself overnight. As long as it says it was linked after signing in with your BA account, it should be good tomorrow.
Mine did indeed sort itself overnight. I guess waiting overnight is the 21st century version of "have you tried rebooting?"
roked likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 4:21 pm

If you want to still do it just for the offer, I guess there is nothing to stop you 'pre-paying' on the card i.e. pay £1800 on to the card in advance and that gives you £2k to spend. I am sure its probably against some T&Cs somewhere but I assume the worse case is that they refuse to give you the avois for it but I guess you will not be doing it currently anyway, so worth a shot...
Old Apr 14, 2022, 4:24 pm

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE

They gave me £1500 which I spent and paid back immediately & then spent another £1500 to trigger the bonus.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 1:53 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by roked
If you want to still do it just for the offer, I guess there is nothing to stop you 'pre-paying' on the card i.e. pay £1800 on to the card .
Oh yes there is. ☹️At least in my case as I can’t log into my account at all. (See upthread). I have a card, a reasonable limit, it’s activated, have spent on it. But can’t pay it off; nor see my balance and to top it off, today I get an email to say my statement is ready (which I can’t see of course). So I guess I’m being asked to pay the first month fee up front.

I really do hope someone at Barclays/card is reading this thread
Old Apr 15, 2022, 2:04 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
I am fairly happy with my Barclaycard now.

Decent credit limit.

£11K spent already so 25K bonus triggered and Avios showing in app. (lots of work travel)

First months Avios showing fine on my BA account.

Now all my spending is on this or BA Amex whereas my old Lloyds Mastercard had stopped earning Avios a while back.

Just need Apple Pay working
Old Apr 15, 2022, 3:25 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Another interesting data point for this joke of a mobile app..

Apparently we can earn 0.5 avios (it says I have earned 97.5 already) ... that would really stump BA IT if actually happened
Old Apr 15, 2022, 3:31 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
I must be one of the few people that have had a smooth experience with this card. Applied for the plus card using HfP referral link for the additional 5K Avios. Approved instantly with £20K credit limit. Card arrived OK and works. The only thing I don't have is a Pin sentry device to finalise setting up the app but the desktop site is working OK.

I think I'll count myself lucky looking at this thread. Assuming it keeps working OK it will probably replace my HSBC Prem WE card for non AMEX spend moving forward.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 3:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by HP28
I had the same and 3 reminder emails to upload my bank statements. I kept getting the emails even though I uploaded the statements as soon as I applied
Hmmmm might try bank statements with "income" shown. Probably won't work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.