Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2022, 8:22 pm

Programs: EY Gold, AS MVPG, BAEC Gold, DL PM
Finally received my card after waiting for almost 10 days - still no PIN but managed to retrieve it online so at least I was able to set things up.

It appears that Barclays have a rubbish Android app dev team. The app looks dated, there’s no option to link the card to Google Pay, the 'link to BA Avios' button crashes the app and there is just a general slowness about it that makes me wonder if they have any IT resources at all. Terrible first day with the card.

Won’t be surprised if the HFP 5k bonus doesn’t post due to 'IT' issues.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by chelynnah
Absolutely no issue with OH’s primary card with linking his curve and any following spend transactions. Everything was flawless for his card. Secondary card for me arrived today, but not such smooth sailing. Unable to link to either Curve or PayPal. He’ll be attempting to phone tomorrow.
I wonder why there is functionality issues for some cardmembers, and not for others - very odd!
Old Apr 12, 2022, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by ceej123
I had to link my BAEC account to the app in order to show any balances - unsure if this makes a difference.
Where in the app did you do this, please? I can find no references to Avios or BAEC anywhere, other than in the name of my card, which appears to have been successfully activated and registered.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 3:37 am

Programs: BA, AMEX PP
Originally Posted by Cotswold Eagle
Where in the app did you do this, please? I can find no references to Avios or BAEC anywhere, other than in the name of my card, which appears to have been successfully activated and registered.
Same here. No way of seeing Avios balance.
The app is poor. It always opens with an error:

If I close it and re-open it it works.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by Cluster One
The app is poor. It always opens with an error:

If I close it and re-open it it works.
Yes, I get that too. Also getting repeated emails about uploading proof of income, which I have already done. Not a great experience all round!
Old Apr 12, 2022, 3:52 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
From either the Barclays App, or the Barclaycard App, if I tap on the Barclaycard account I see an option to 'View Avios'.

On that page I don't see my BA Avios balance (because I haven't linked the accounts) but I doo see what I have earned so far and my progress towards the welcome bonus and the upgrade voucher.
Private Pyle likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 3:53 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Barclaycard are refusing to downgrade from paid card to the free one - they said the only option was cancellation so I've cancelled (after triggering & receiving avios)
Old Apr 12, 2022, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by vintagepilot
From either the Barclays App, or the Barclaycard App, if I tap on the Barclaycard account I see an option to 'View Avios'.
Thanks. I have nothing like that in the Barclaycard app.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 4:08 am

Programs: BA, AMEX PP
Same.

Do I have the correct app?

Old Apr 12, 2022, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by Cluster One
Same.

Do I have the correct app?
I have the android version of the barclaycard app version 2.15.0, 2150 and for me its right in the middle of the screen. I linked my BA account yesterday too and it was not showing immediately but after checking it now, I can see it is linked and I can see my BA avois

Screenshot
Old Apr 12, 2022, 5:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by NicholasMAN
I haven't been able to link my new Barclaycard with Curve yet, and I believe I'm not the only one to have problems with this. Keeps getting rejected as a "Card Verification Issue". I will speak to Curve on Monday.

Also I am unable to download the Barclaycard App even though my phone runs Android 8.0 because, apparently, its not compatible with my phone's OS.

Add to that a declined transaction this afternoon for £2400 for a flight, which subsequently flew through on my new Amex - a card that was issued a week after my Barclaycard.

Somehow I don't think my relationship with this new (paid) Barclaycard will last any longer than the £3K spend to trigger the bonus .......
By way of an update, I have now managed to enrol my Barclaycard on the Curve app, but not before making a couple of phone calls to Barclaycard. For others with the same issue, I suggest calling the fraud team direct on 0800 318665 which will avoid having to be transferred.

Once the fraud team altered a few settings relating to security / verification I was able to register my new card with Curve.

Regarding the app, the Barclaycard app still won't work on my phone (Android 8.0) but the Barclays Bank app has downloaded and I've created an account and registered my card successfully.

Fingers crossed that this is the end of the niggles.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by roked
I have the android version of the barclaycard app version 2.15.0, 2150 and for me its right in the middle of the screen.
Thanks. I have the iOS app, but no similar button on the equivalent screen Maybe it will show up soon...
Old Apr 12, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
On the page with your account ('s if you have more than 1) select the Avios card which takes you through to balance info

On that page click the link to Avios

As mentioned, initially it will transfer you to an external Web page to enter BAEC details

Old Apr 12, 2022, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Delboy65
On the page with your account ('s if you have more than 1) select the Avios card which takes you through to balance info

On that page click the link to Avios
Thanks, but that link is not present in my app.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Thanks, but that link is not present in my app.

The card you've received does have the Avios brand mark on it.. ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.