Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

New Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 7, 22, 12:10 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 30, 22, 1:43 pm

Programs: BAEC , IHG
Just signed up to the Plus card via link on HfP

All extremely smooth
No request for proof of income
Entered details already for online banking, ready for when I know the CVV code on the card

Just now have to hope i safely receive the card in the post
Old Mar 30, 22, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by Delboy65 View Post

All extremely smooth
Entered details already for online banking, ready for when I know the CVV code on the card

"What you'll need to hand
  • Your Barclaycard
  • Your credit limit – you'll find this on your latest statement or the letter that came with your card/s"

What were the details you used for online banking ? When I tried it seemed to want the card number. Were you given a 9 digit code during the sign-up process, and if so, what is it used for ?
Old Mar 30, 22, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99 View Post
"What you'll need to hand
  • Your Barclaycard
  • Your credit limit Ė you'll find this on your latest statement or the letter that came with your card/s"

What were the details you used for online banking ? When I tried it seemed to want the card number. Were you given a 9 digit code during the sign-up process, and if so, what is it used for ?
I entered my passcode and memorable word. And was provided a code that I have noted down, but will need the CVC to complete the sign up
all in all was a simple hassle free process
Old Mar 30, 22, 9:18 pm

Programs: Cathay Pacific - Diamond, IHG - Diamond Royal Ambassador
What are the chances of HSBC upping the earning rate on their Premier cards in response to this? The World Elite card has somewhat lost its appeal now...
Old Mar 31, 22, 2:30 am

Programs: BA Silver; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!

All extremely smooth

Likewise. I have just spoken with a guy at Barclays (using 0800 number) who confirmed my application for Avios Plus has been successful and that I should receive a 'Welcome' email in next 24 hours. Hopefully that will arrive along with the card and then I can start spending that £3k.
Old Mar 31, 22, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by billinghamn View Post
To anyone who has experienced a delay in receiving your card in the post and therefore reduced timescales to earn your bonus, drop an email to [email protected], requesting a formal complaint be logged.

Explain when you applied, when you received your card, the official deadline date for earning your bonus (available on the app). Calculate what proportion of the month you have lost the opportunity to spend towards your bonus (for me it was 1 week).

In my email I made it clear that to resolve the complaint they needed to extend my welcome bonus target date and refund me £5 (for the proportion of the £20 monthly fee).

Within a week, I received a letter confirming refund of £5 plus a £25 goodwill gesture, all credited to my account.
Thanks for this recommendation - they offered to waive the first month charge for me, since they already offered the 5000 Avios for the issues which I'm happy with.

Interestingly, the agent on the phone blamed the 'manufacturer' of the cards for the delays in processing of the new cards. Though this may be an issue, it doesn't explain all the problems people are having with their applications & poor postage experience!
Old Mar 31, 22, 9:18 am

Programs: BA Exec
Seems only £9.50 will be collected from my direct debit rather than the £20 I expected (received an email confirmation to this effect from Barclaycard).

I didn’t ask for a rebate or whatever as I haven’t really experienced any issues personally; but this, along with the unsolicited 5000 extra avios is rather nice !
Old Mar 31, 22, 2:01 pm

I applied for the credit card via the HfP link on Monday. Application easy enough and got an immediate acceptance, however I’ve not received an email or any other confirmation. Allegedly my card “will be with you within 3 to 5 days”, so I’ll wait until next week before I chase, but the utter lack of any communications is a little odd / slightly unnerving.
Old Mar 31, 22, 2:27 pm

Sorry to ask again - trying to see if anyone else is in my situation. I had an existing Barclaycard that I requested to swap to the fee-free Avios card via the app on 3rd March. I received a text saying thanks for applying, we're processing it and you will hear from us soon. Haven't yet received a card, PIN or anything else. Should I chase it up or is there an acknowledged delay?
Old Mar 31, 22, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by Monium View Post
I applied for the credit card via the HfP link on Monday. Application easy enough and got an immediate acceptance, however Iíve not received an email or any other confirmation. Allegedly my card ďwill be with you within 3 to 5 daysĒ, so Iíll wait until next week before I chase, but the utter lack of any communications is a little odd / slightly unnerving.
you have looked in spam folder just in case?
Old Mar 31, 22, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by greenchicken View Post
Sorry to ask again - trying to see if anyone else is in my situation. I had an existing Barclaycard that I requested to swap to the fee-free Avios card via the app on 3rd March. I received a text saying thanks for applying, we're processing it and you will hear from us soon. Haven't yet received a card, PIN or anything else. Should I chase it up or is there an acknowledged delay?
Even if there is an acknowledged delay (which Iím not certain there is - at least officially), thatís nearly a month and youíve not heard anything. Thatís poor. Iíd be chasing.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Mar 31, 22, 3:06 pm

you have looked in spam folder just in case?
Yup. Searched my mail to check Iíd not missed it. (Not my first rodeo - but thank you).

As I say, Iíll give them til next week before I chase them, but itís not exactly confidence inspiring.
Old Apr 1, 22, 5:58 am

After an hour wait (and counting) to find out where my new card is, I can confirm that terrible customer support lines are not unique to BA...
Old Apr 1, 22, 6:52 am

Programs: BA Exec Club (Bronze)
Originally Posted by Monium View Post
I applied for the credit card via the HfP link on Monday. Application easy enough and got an immediate acceptance, however Iíve not received an email or any other confirmation. Allegedly my card ďwill be with you within 3 to 5 daysĒ, so Iíll wait until next week before I chase, but the utter lack of any communications is a little odd / slightly unnerving.
Did exact same on Wednesday evening. Immediate acceptance and confirmation of credit limit along with the I.D. number for my online account. I did get a confirmation email. It took just over an hour for it to arrive.

The ID number for my online account doesnít work yet but Iím assuming that might be because Iíve still to receive my card.
Monium likes this.

Last edited by GlasgowBlue; Apr 1, 22 at 3:28 pm
Old Apr 1, 22, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by GlasgowBlue View Post
Did exact same on Wednesday evening. Immediate acceptance and confirmation of credit limit along with the I.D. number for my online account. I did get a confirmation email. It took just over an hour it to arrive.

The ID number for my online account doesnít work yet but Iím assuming that might be because Iíve still to receive my card.
Interesting. Iíve still not had an email, and nothing has arrived through the post. Iíll wait and see I guess, and argue the toss about the additional avios if I need to in the futureÖ

Search this Thread