Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Old Feb 24, 2022, 9:48 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Does anyone have a link to the T&Cs for the cabin upgrade voucher? Curious to see if you can upgrade from J to F.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Does anyone have a link to the T&Cs for the cabin upgrade voucher? Curious to see if you can upgrade from J to F.
no J to F
Old Feb 24, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
You can't.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 9:59 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by teledude
You can't.
Thanks. That’s very disappointing.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 2:32 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by wilko1
Looks good.
Hopefully this means @Raffles will stop deleting all comments referencing this product over on his site now.
Why on earth would Head for Points not be all over this now it's out in the open? Sounds like their core market. I wasn't particularly interested in moving from HSBC Premier to Barclays Premier for the current account deal but I shall certainly get the Barclaycard and that may replace my HSBC Premier World Elite card.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 2:56 pm

Programs: AmEx Platinum, Hilton Diamond
That means HfP gains more from collaboration with Barclays than breaking the news.
Think like this: all HfP core people are already here and they know it. All HfP can do now is to collaborate with Barclays and capitalise on this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 4:19 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by Mike P
Why on earth would Head for Points not be all over this now it's out in the open? Sounds like their core market. I wasn't particularly interested in moving from HSBC Premier to Barclays Premier for the current account deal but I shall certainly get the Barclaycard and that may replace my HSBC Premier World Elite card.
One assumes they have an agreement with Barclays/Barclaycard not to leak information they've been briefed on ahead of the planned launch.

Barclaycard have presumably slipped up and published pages ahead of time that they either did not mean to publish or thought weren't publicly accessible. Any agreement HfP have with Barclays/Barclaycard not to leak what they know would still need to be honoured.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 4:23 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by Mike P
The other half will move from the BA Amex to the free Barclaycard Avios card for the modest bonus and to reset the clock with Amex.

I have a year of HSBC Premier World Elite for free, but will evaluate at the end of that year whether it's worth moving to Barclaycard, depending on the overall benefits. Being a lowly Brown Bronze, lounge access is a key requirement for me.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 5:06 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
also worth nothing that like the old lloyds avios voucher, and unlike the newer amex vouchers, these vouchers must start their journey in the UK.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 11:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
HfP is mysteriously quiet this morning, I wonder if today is the official announcement of these cards?
Old Feb 28, 2022, 1:05 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Raffles
You can swap to it but you will forfeit the bonus. Best to cancel any existing Barclaycards you have now and start the 6 month clock.
Although beware if you have a Hilton card then once you close that, it's gone - you can't reapply. Not sure I want to lose that option for the sake of a bonus.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by wilsnunn
HfP is mysteriously quiet this morning, I wonder if today is the official announcement of these cards?
If you do a quick Google for 'barclaycard avios' you will see a number of promo images for the new cards hosted on HfP since Friday. Assume the info will be released later this morning with 3 x articles across the different cards.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 1:50 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
It's here: https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 2:49 am

Programs: BA Blue, Qatar Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
Cheers, applied and accepted
Old Feb 28, 2022, 2:50 am

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc…
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Although beware if you have a Hilton card then once you close that, it's gone - you can't reapply. Not sure I want to lose that option for the sake of a bonus.
i agree, especially the bonus for the free card is not particularly inviting
EDIflyer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.