Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Old Mar 16, 2022, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Simonp27
Same problem for me with Apple Pay.
It isn't configured with Apple Pay yet. Will take a few more weeks.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Raffles
It isn't configured with Apple Pay yet. Will take a few more weeks.
Any word about Google Pay?
Old Mar 16, 2022, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by D404
"No, you cannot use your card until 6 working days after activating" is practically satire.

It's not like they're encouraging people to spend early with some sort of bonus or anything.
So if you add a typical 2 week delay for the card and 6 days to activate it its basically three weeks ???? WT*
Old Mar 16, 2022, 8:43 am
rum

Programs: Amex MR, A3, BAEC
Originally Posted by b1982
This is extremely frustrating. Apple Pay and 3D Secure not working means that I can't use this card for the majority of my spends. Was trying to put 500+ pounds of purchase on it and ended up using Amex instead. Just found out today too that the card does not even work on Deliveroo!
I've been told by Barclaycard CS to use it with a Chip & PIN transaction first and that all online restrictions will be lifted after that. Not sure I believe this, but here goes...
Old Mar 16, 2022, 8:49 am

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rum
I've been told by Barclaycard CS to use it with a Chip & PIN transaction first and that all online restrictions will be lifted after that. Not sure I believe this, but here goes...
Please do let us know how you get on. I'm looking to make some large online transactions but seem unable to use the card for anything worth more than about £10 at the moment!
rum likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 8:55 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by rum
Packaging: FAIL
Pin change: Success
Chip and Pin: Success
Contactless: Success
Online (3DS): Failure with 2 MULTIPLE retailers, one being Tesco for amounts of £95 and £250.
Online (Amazon): Successfully added to account, no purchases made yet.
Telephone: Success
EDIflyer, rum, D404 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by FamilyOf6; Mar 17, 2022 at 9:16 am Reason: adding new info
Old Mar 16, 2022, 9:04 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Originally Posted by rum
This hasn't been true for me.

Further, I am pretty certain of two things here:
  • The CS person you spoke to probably is not discerning between "all online transactions" and specifcally ones which need 3DS.
  • Barclays doesn't give their reps or customers updates on anything until it's too late to be useful.

Aside: I suspect Rob feels a little (a lot) thrown under a bus here, and also may be gagged on speaking about it due to the nature of HFP's relationship here.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 9:26 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Red, IHG Platinum
Aside: I suspect Rob feels a little (a lot) thrown under a bus here, and also may be gagged on speaking about it due to the nature of HFP's relationship here.
I would imagine that all of this feedback and user experience is going to Barclaycard and when there is any good news that they want shared, Head for Points will be one of the key ways of getting this out. I am not applying until there is at least ONE good, smooth experience on here because I don't need this extra stress in my life at the moment, and am happy with current alternatives.
AJA_ likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH GLD, IHG PLT
I can't add mind to Paypal. Annoying.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:44 am
rum

Originally Posted by SouthWesterner
Please do let us know how you get on. I'm looking to make some large online transactions but seem unable to use the card for anything worth more than about £10 at the moment!
Originally Posted by FamilyOf6
Pin change: Success
Chip and Pin: Success
Contactless: Success
Online (3DS): Failure with 2 retailers, one being Tesco for amounts of £95 and £250.
Telephone: TBC
So, chip & PIN worked successfully. I managed to change the PIN to a memorable one yesterday. Haven't tried contactless thus far, but Curve and PayPal are both declined once again. Surprise-surprise.

This hasn't been true for me.

Further, I am pretty certain of two things here:
  • The CS person you spoke to probably is not discerning between "all online transactions" and specifcally ones which need 3DS.
  • Barclays doesn't give their reps or customers updates on anything until it's too late to be useful.
I think this is a fair assumption - we are far from getting these issues resolved and the silence from the powers that be is deafening...
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rum
Don't believe it in the slightest, complete load of...
EDIflyer and rum like this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:47 am
rum

Originally Posted by Lynyrd
I can't add mind to Paypal. Annoying.
Yup, it's quite a fundamental thing to do when receiving a new card. First PayPal, Curve, eBay and Amazon.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by KT550
I wonder how many accounts will be cancelled after people have received the bonus Avios (if they don't give up before).
I will be after this shambles. Or at least downgrading to a free card for purchases where Amex isn't accepted. I'm not fussed about the upgrade but was more keen on the bonus.
rum likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 11:02 am
rum

Originally Posted by CrazyLilBlondie
I will be after this shambles. Or at least downgrading to a free card for purchases where Amex isn't accepted. I'm not fussed about the upgrade but was more keen on the bonus.
Exactly the same here. I won't be paying them £12 a month for the Premier Account either.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 11:06 am

Programs: BAEC
deleted duplicate

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.