Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Getting a receipt for full cash value when part-paid with vouchers.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2022, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec. Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador.

I wonder if anyone can help me please. I bought a BA ticket AUS-DUB the other day using vouchers and cash and requested a receipt for the full cash price but have received a receipt for the credit card part of the price.

My employer requires the full receipt of course and no BA representative can work out how I get one. Any ideas would be hugely appreciated.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
You could try going to the Finnair website, calling up your booking (use the same reference as for ba.com), and then asking for an e-ticket receipt to be emailed to you - assuming that your email address is in the booking, and that the booking does not have an email address for anyone else who you don't want to see the receipt. That should show the full value of the ticket. At any rate, you can see whether or not it's good enough for your purposes.

If that doesn't work, then IIRC you may be able to get a printed e-ticket receipt from a ticketing desk or a check-in desk, if that might work for you.
mfordy likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 2:17 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
the email eticket should show a "Payment Total" figure which is the value prior to any vouchers being used.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 2:17 am
Original Poster

Thank you so very much for these replies. Unfortunately the "payment total" only shows the cash price not including vouchers. I will try the Finnair route now.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 5:08 am

Strange - when I used an eVoucher paying for a ticket I got the total amount in the regular "Your e-ticket receipt"-confirmation email
Old Feb 24, 2022, 5:20 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
In addition to this if you part pay with evouchers/ftv towards a BAH the value of the evoucher/ftv additional payment comes of the top price and is not shown as a further payment. For example you buy a Holiday for £3000 and pay a deposit of £300 you have an outstanding balance of £2700 , if you use a evoucher/ftv to reduce this balance by £500 it shows the price of the holiday @ £2500 less the deposit @£300 leaving an outstanding balance of £2200 - "whats the difference?" I hear you say , well your BAH bonus avios are based on the new lower £2500 purchase price and if you have to get a refund BA will refund you based on the £2500 figure and you have to chase for the £500 which you claimed as a voucher.
mfordy likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Huge thanks to Globaliser - I now have my ticket. Next problem is that I do not understand how the price breaks down. The total cost of the ticket was $2,446 (approximately £1,835) and I paid £519.75 by credit card (the figure which is clearly shown, but what is the £770.75 Grand Total?) and I paid the rest in vouchers.

If anyone is able to help me explain the attached receipt to my employer I will be forever grateful!
Attached Images  
Old Feb 24, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Just copy the BA receipt into Word and edit it.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Isn`t that fraud?
orbitmic and dodgeflyer like this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 10:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by mfordy
Huge thanks to Globaliser - I now have my ticket. Next problem is that I do not understand how the price breaks down. The total cost of the ticket was $2,446 (approximately £1,835) and I paid £519.75 by credit card (the figure which is clearly shown, but what is the £770.75 Grand Total?) and I paid the rest in vouchers.

If anyone is able to help me explain the attached receipt to my employer I will be forever grateful!
There are six taxes and fees which are all in GBP (British Pounds). They total 569.71 GBP which at today's rate of exchange is $774. The base fare is $1700 + $774 in taxes and fees gives you $2444. Which is basically what you paid (exchange rates fluctuate daily). The largest chunk of fees is YQ which used to be the fuel surcharge and is now just a junk fee that people have to pay which earns BA profits when people redeem miles for ticket. Hope that makes sense. I have no idea what the 770.75 GBP Grand Total is.
mfordy likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by CT-UK
Just don’t copy the BA receipt into Word and edit it.
fixed it for you…
mfordy likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 10:33 am
Original Poster

This is absolutely perfect - thank you so much eefor jfp
Old Feb 24, 2022, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Excellent!
Old Feb 24, 2022, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by eefor jfp
There are six taxes and fees which are all in GBP (British Pounds). They total 569.71 GBP which at today's rate of exchange is $774. The base fare is $1700 + $774 in taxes and fees gives you $2444. Which is basically what you paid (exchange rates fluctuate daily). The largest chunk of fees is YQ which used to be the fuel surcharge and is now just a junk fee that people have to pay which earns BA profits when people redeem miles for ticket. Hope that makes sense. I have no idea what the 770.75 GBP Grand Total is.
I also can't work out what the GBP 770.75 is, but the total value of the ticket is indeed USD 1700.00 + GBP 569.71.

I can't see what the GBP 21.90 XT is for, because it isn't listed in an ITA quote (and it does not correspond to the GDS fee which appears in ITA quotes, which is USD 14.00 and is already included in ITA "base fare"), and "XT" is the most uninformative tax code because I think it's an abbreviation for unspecific "extra taxes".
mfordy likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 2:42 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by mfordy

GBP770.75 less the GBP519.75 you paid is GBP251.00 - which is in the second form of payment line but in a jumbled way. The LB on that line means an amount charged to a budget, or internal account - basically BA wrote off GBP251.00 for some reason.

You paid GBP519.75, they 'paid' GBP251.00 and so the total additional charge accounted for is GBP770.75 (on top of your vouchers).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.