Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar Airways to adopt Avios, dropping Qmiles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Airways to adopt Avios, dropping Qmiles

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2022, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
It was all over HotUKDeals - £20 of Sainsbury’s credit for 10 mins work.
James91 and Radiation Station like this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 2:54 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Raffles
It was pulled last Monday it seems, due to monumental abuse. Took about 10 minutes to get 15,000 Avios into a fresh BA household account ….
Speaking from experience?
Old Apr 5, 2022, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I’m sitting on 6m+ points and miles, everything is a rounding error to me :-)
Old Apr 5, 2022, 4:53 pm

How do you get to these sort of numbers? Is it mainly through credit card sign ups from HfP?
Old Apr 8, 2022, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by mkannuri
You can open a service request and there is an option to attach the document.
I have done for the first time and same way for second time as well.
It worked ! It was really difficult to call so I just send a second service request attaching another identify document and it was fixed within 2 days.

Thanks indeed !!!
mkannuri likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Could it be the US style date difference in having the month day rather than day month?
So I made this mistake. By BAEC was my correct birth date. However, my QP was not because I used the American order instead of the British order QR uses. This is week three of my trying to get my details to match because my first name did not (I used a abbreviation for BAEC which is totally fine as you can change that during booking unlike QR) and it took me a week to get that correct with BAEC. Then I was tearing my hair out trying to find out what didn't match, and BINGO after reading this thread I double checked and that was the mistake. FYI, you can't change a birthdate online. Only the PC Contact Center can do that for you, and you will need to send along a copy of the photo page of your passport as supporting documentation.

Last edited by ArlingtonTraveler; Apr 12, 2022 at 9:20 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 9, 2022, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by ArlingtonTraveler
So I made this mistake. By BAEC was my correct birth date. However, my QP was not because I used the American order instead of the British order QR uses. This is week three of my trying to get my details to match because my first name did not (I used a abbreviation for BAEC which is totally fine as you can change that during booking unlike QP) and it took me a week to get that correct with BAEC. Then I was tearing my hair out trying to find out what didn't match, and BINGO after reading this thread I double checked and that was the mistake. FYI, you can't change a birthdate online. Only the PC Contact Center can do that for you, and you will need to send along a copy of the photo page of your passport as supporting documentation.
Eleven days ago, I sent the Service Center a scan of my passport and driver's license. Still waiting for the birth date to be fixed.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
Eleven days ago, I sent the Service Center a scan of my passport and driver's license. Still waiting for the birth date to be fixed.
Thanks for the data point. I guess I will be patient then as I only sent my information over four days ago. My guess is they are swamped with inactive accounts looking to fix discrepancies so they can transfer their BAEC Avios over to QP :-)
Old Apr 12, 2022, 10:00 am

I can top that by a fair amount, just incredibly frustrating not being able to use them...
Old Apr 12, 2022, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by lev441
How do you get to these sort of numbers? Is it mainly through credit card sign ups from HfP?
I can only speak personally, but we use to clear circa 5m through our business spend each year. Now that FX Premium Rewards has been ended we'll likely drop down to closer to 2.5m this year.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 10:06 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lewincg
I have the same issue: hyphen in the surname. QR responded very quickly to my message, but only to confirm they don’t support hyphens and the only suggestion was to change my name with BAEC (which I fear would or could create issues with Iberia linkage, Avios linkage, Amex linkage…) so it doesn’t look possible at the moment unfortunately
I have the same issue with QR. They also told me to change my name in my BA account, but I have the same concerns that fixing one problem is going to create another. So I just won't use the QR account until they can get their systems to accommodate a pretty common character used in names! It was even more frustrating trying to message them, since their website messaging also cannot accept hyphens, so trying to describe what the issue was and provide the correct name was a bit of a faff!
Old Apr 12, 2022, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by ArlingtonTraveler
Thanks for the data point. I guess I will be patient then as I only sent my information over four days ago. My guess is they are swamped with inactive accounts looking to fix discrepancies so they can transfer their BAEC Avios over to QP :-)
My experience when I need an exact space in first name : I sent a message attaching ID on 25 March and other one attaching passport on 7 April then it was fixed within 2 days. So 2 weeks approximately.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 2:08 am

Right, worked well for me. I signed up for QR account, linked and free 2000 points. Now used my stash of avios to upgrade my QR Y flights to J. Worked very well - no additional fees/charges at all. Only smallest of gripes was I had to move the miles from BA to QR - it couldnt spend the 'pooled' miles. Very happy.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by wilko1
Right, worked well for me. I signed up for QR account, linked and free 2000 points. Now used my stash of avios to upgrade my QR Y flights to J. Worked very well - no additional fees/charges at all. Only smallest of gripes was I had to move the miles from BA to QR - it couldnt spend the 'pooled' miles. Very happy.
As a rough guide, what was the routing and number of Avios to upgrade? No additional fees? So no new taxes?
Old Apr 13, 2022, 5:59 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
I presume you can move the Avios in and out of the QR and BA linked accounts at will and with no charge ? Is the move instant or does it take a few hours ? Any other limitations to moving ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.