Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar Airways to adopt Avios, dropping Qmiles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Airways to adopt Avios, dropping Qmiles

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2022, 4:08 am

Programs: Virtuoso TA; SELECT TA; BAEC Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond; IHG Plantinum Amb
I have the same issue: hyphen in the surname. QR responded very quickly to my message, but only to confirm they don’t support hyphens and the only suggestion was to change my name with BAEC (which I fear would or could create issues with Iberia linkage, Avios linkage, Amex linkage…) so it doesn’t look possible at the moment unfortunately
Old Mar 29, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by mramvivek
I was able to move Avios back and forth between QR and BA. Qatar award tickets are searchable with just 1 avios in the account. When I search for 1 or 2 one-way award tickets ( economy ) it shows as 42500 avios per person ( 85000 total ) but for 3 award tickets (still one-way) for same date, it jumps to 85000 per person ( 255000 total ) . Is this a glitch or award rates increase based on number of ticktets ?
Dynamic award pricing, I would guess. Just like when you buy with $$$.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by joorinainen
I messaged them through the form i posted earlier and they are replying quite fast. Unfortunately after describing the problem thoroughly to them and uploading passport photo and screenshots from BA and QR accounts they have been unable to help and won't link the account manually. My problem is the following: name in BA system is like this:

Firstname-Secondfirstname Firstsecondname-Anothersecondname and in QR they dont allow "-" so it's spelled Firstname Secondfirstname Firstsecondname Anothersecondname.

I might contact BA to change the name in their program not to include the "-" and then try to link the accounts.
Do you have 2 spaces in your First Name ? QR does not allow my First Name to have 2 spaces. How do you get around that ?
Old Mar 30, 2022, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by peteryu
Do you have 2 spaces in your First Name ? QR does not allow my First Name to have 2 spaces. How do you get around that ?
Only one space.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 5:50 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by knit-in
Dynamic award pricing, I would guess. Just like when you buy with $$$.
Not dynamic pricing, it's because QR has two levels of redemption pricing - standard and flexi (which are shown as "Q2" on the website). Standard redemptions are typically the same as availability made available to partners, flexi awards are available on more dates for double the number of miles and can only be booked through QR directly. It sounds like there are two standard awards only but more flexi awards, so if you book for two it will show you the standard price, whereas the only way to book for three is to use flexi availability as they can't be mixed on the same booking. I imagine if you make separate bookings of two and one you will be able to get two standard price tickets and one flexi ticket.
knit-in likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 8:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
I can't get the bonus Avios to appear in the account. I did use the FLYQR3 code. Any suggestions? Qatar weren't very helpful on the phone and I had to call their international number in Qatar since the PrivilegeClub doesn't have a US-based phone number (apparently).

I now wonder whether perhaps you had to say yes to receiving promotional emails since I did not....
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by salut0
I can't get the bonus Avios to appear in the account. I did use the FLYQR3 code. Any suggestions? Qatar weren't very helpful on the phone and I had to call their international number in Qatar since the PrivilegeClub doesn't have a US-based phone number (apparently).

I now wonder whether perhaps you had to say yes to receiving promotional emails since I did not....
I also did not get any bonus Avios when signing up yesterday with the code. I said yes to their promo emails but no to third parties. I sent a message via the Privilege Club contact us link yesterday evening to ask about the bonus but no response yet - I am sure they have bigger things to deal with but am keeping my fingers crossed for a response before the end of tomorrow as I would like to sign my husband up too.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:47 am

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by gingerlucy
I also did not get any bonus Avios when signing up yesterday with the code. I said yes to their promo emails but no to third parties. I sent a message via the Privilege Club contact us link yesterday evening to ask about the bonus but no response yet - I am sure they have bigger things to deal with but am keeping my fingers crossed for a response before the end of tomorrow as I would like to sign my husband up too.
Same for me. Joined Saturday via the Qatar website which showed a default application code which couldn't be changed. No Avios by Monday so cancelled membership. Tried again early Tuesday using link from Raffles link earlier in this thread and the FLYQR3 code. Still no Avios by mid Weds, so sent a message to their 'contact us' service via QR website. Reply inside two hours(impressive), saying they couldn't not help and my query should go to a Qatar global contact centre, numbers enclosed( all in Qatar)... less impressed!! Probably won't bother now!
Old Apr 1, 2022, 2:34 pm

Programs: Aero Plan, Marriott, Air Miles
I called again today as nothing is fixed from the previous service request.
I was been told to upload one more govt id and this time i uploaded citzenship card and fingers crossed this time it gets fixed.

I should have created new account matching name with BAEC but i had 2500 points already got it with QRPC and dont wanted to loose them and trying to get simple fix of creating a space.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 4:17 pm

UPDATE:
Finally got the name fixed by adding a space in the first name matching BA and successfully transfered the avios to QR.

Question..I can only transfer my avios but not the family members ? i thought all members that are pooled in BA can be transfered, hence i did not created individual account for each member in qatar?

Question.. i cannot find any 85k+tax Biz class tickets from YUL-DOH-HYD? pretty much they all showing 170k+tax ? marked as flex award?
I am trying to figure out from expert flyer that which class that i should track to get the lowest biz class award alert..

appreciate any feedback on those questions
Old Apr 1, 2022, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by mkannuri
I called again today as nothing is fixed from the previous service request.
I was been told to upload one more govt id and this time i uploaded citzenship card and fingers crossed this time it gets fixed.

I should have created new account matching name with BAEC but i had 2500 points already got it with QRPC and dont wanted to loose them and trying to get simple fix of creating a space.
I have the exact same issue of needing 2 spaces in First Name and already initiated a service request uploading an ID card more than a week ago but no reply so I think I have to call.

My question : How do you upload another identity document ? Initiate another service request or they gave an email / link to do that ?
Old Apr 4, 2022, 6:56 pm

You can open a service request and there is an option to attach the document.
I have done for the first time and same way for second time as well.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 12:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
Has the offer of 2,500 Avios for joining Privilege Club ended? Has anyone joined since April 1st and received those Avios?
Old Apr 5, 2022, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by southsquare
Has the offer of 2,500 Avios for joining Privilege Club ended? Has anyone joined since April 1st and received those Avios?
It was pulled last Monday it seems, due to monumental abuse. Took about 10 minutes to get 15,000 Avios into a fresh BA household account ….
Old Apr 5, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Raffles
It was pulled last Monday it seems, due to monumental abuse. Took about 10 minutes to get 15,000 Avios into a fresh BA household account ….
What do you mean by “monumental abuse”? Bit frustrating for those who tried to get the bonus miles legitimately but failed because QR didn’t update people that they’d pulled the offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.