Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reached that point with BA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2022, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Midships
Your sexuality is not my business but you may want to check the laws in Zambia where you are planning to go.
I’m going to SA. Where I got married to my former husband in 2007.

But yes, I agree with you that Zambia (and I was planning to go the Falls) also has discriminatory laws. We all make our compromises, and for me I will swallow my principles to see one of the great wonders of the world but not to transit a shopping mall in the desert
Old Feb 21, 2022, 6:49 pm

Programs: BAEC GFL (Only took 30 years)
Originally Posted by aristoph

But yes, I agree with you that Zambia (and I was planning to go the Falls) also has discriminatory laws. We all make our compromises, and for me I will swallow my principles to see one of the great wonders of the world but not to transit a shopping mall in the desert
Enjoy the falls, we drove up from Botswana to Zimbabwe to see them and did the helicopter ride as well, though don't know if that is offered from Zambia side. Afternoon tea in the Victoria Falls hotel is worth the treat if you find yourself on the Zimbabwe side.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 6:56 pm

Programs: BAEC GFL (Only took 30 years)
Originally Posted by JackDann
I've been pretty loyal to BA for quite a few years now - recently BA Cancelled our flights to Singapore and we were re-booked onto Qatar... the standard of service, hard product, the lounges available etc are just so far above BA that it makes it hard to justify booking with them over the competition.
How long did you have to self isolate/quarantine for?
Old Feb 21, 2022, 9:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Midships
Enjoy the falls, we drove up from Botswana to Zimbabwe to see them and did the helicopter ride as well, though don't know if that is offered from Zambia side. Afternoon tea in the Victoria Falls hotel is worth the treat if you find yourself on the Zimbabwe side.
helicopter tours are available from the Zambian side. At least they were 3 years ago. I can highly recommend it, you get a fantastic perspective of the falls!
Midships likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 12:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL

We flew into Zambia and out from Zimbabwe while visiting the falls. The two sides have a fairly different character. Falls are worth making a little moral compromise.
aristoph likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Very much feeling like I made the right decision today....
Old Feb 22, 2022, 12:46 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by RJBP
I am very much at that point as well. GGL with real prospect of GGL4L but I will now always look for alternatives to BA. The reliability and quality have just eroded too far. Too many times I’ve regretted having chosen BA. This weekend’s operational meltdown was the final straw.
Was it an ill wind
Old Feb 23, 2022, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Very much feeling like I made the right decision today....
And again today lol

Shambles at Immigration T5 today
Old Feb 23, 2022, 10:52 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), HH Diamond
This totally resonates with me .. I feel similar and have taken steps to move away from BA despite Lifetime Gold, a ton of Avios and Vouchers.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: Perennial Free Agent
This thread makes me sick in that I just changed a flight and didn't insist on AA J. Expectations managed I guess.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 6:05 am
Original Poster

In JNB right now and 2 BA A380s on
the ground, so looks like one has
gone tech - again!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.