Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T5 Luggage Delays

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2022, 11:13 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold(twice), Hilton Diamond
Landed from BLR on Sunday 13.30. At 16.00 harassed but excellent BA hi-vis said to submit delayed bag on ba.com, go home, bags will be delivered. I said mini-cab waiting, he said still submit ba.com & go home, mini cab wait time will be compensated too.
Logged in, ba.com PNR said no applicable baggage to claim for, so waited. Y bags arrived first, "priority" tagged J bags spasmodically later. Ours at 17.30. Cab charged reduced waiting time of 3 hrs = extra Ł120. Will BA pay this against a receipt?
Old Feb 23, 2022, 12:27 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by 'andad
Landed from BLR on Sunday 13.30. At 16.00 harassed but excellent BA hi-vis said to submit delayed bag on ba.com, go home, bags will be delivered. I said mini-cab waiting, he said still submit ba.com & go home, mini cab wait time will be compensated too.
Logged in, ba.com PNR said no applicable baggage to claim for, so waited. Y bags arrived first, "priority" tagged J bags spasmodically later. Ours at 17.30. Cab charged reduced waiting time of 3 hrs = extra Ł120. Will BA pay this against a receipt?
Well you should certainly apply. Normally the answer would be no, that is a consequential loss, so had you asked here at the time I would have said "go home and wait for the bag to be delivered". But maybe in your circumstances they will pay up.
'andad likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 2:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Update - some what surprisingly but thankfully our three bags were couriered to us today (within London). Correct bags and all seem intact and undamaged. For reference we landed late on Saturday.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA GfL, TK *G+
Still no bags received from my LHR -YVR flight from Saturday. One and only update suggested they were put on Tuesdays flight (assume Mondays was already full) now waiting for them to get to whistler. Receipts are building up, as required both mountain biking and snowboarding clothes required to carry on my holiday as normal.
no emails received from BA apologising for the mess.
popped into Gap store in whistler to grab a couple of bit and mentioned lost luggage, assistant said I must have been from the BA flight as a lot of people had been in shopping for clothes.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by danmushman
Update - some what surprisingly but thankfully our three bags were couriered to us today (within London). Correct bags and all seem intact and undamaged. For reference we landed late on Saturday.
We have received 1 of 3 - though the tracking system has not been updated to reflect that, nor were we given any notice of the delivery,
Old Feb 24, 2022, 4:34 am

Still waiting for 6 x bags to be delivered from MLE-LHR that landed on Sunday. They're all showing as being located in the worldtracer system and have been picked up by three different couriers - DHL, Crown Couriers and Bollore. Hopefully we get them soon.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 4:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
Our bags were dropped without notice - thankfully a neighbour accepted delivery. I believe Parcelforce was the courier.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Diamond
I arrived on 19th February evening and my bag was found on 22nd.

I received a text from Eagle Aviation (the courier) saying it was picked up from T5 at 18:00 on 22nd.

WorldTracer website says it was also delivered on 22nd. However, I have not received the bag. Eagle Aviation website says my bag is not in their system. The BA website says the bag has not been sent for delivery.

I’m very confused now.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by JamesNCL
I arrived on 19th February evening and my bag was found on 22nd.

I received a text from Eagle Aviation (the courier) saying it was picked up from T5 at 18:00 on 22nd.

WorldTracer website says it was also delivered on 22nd. However, I have not received the bag. Eagle Aviation website says my bag is not in their system. The BA website says the bag has not been sent for delivery.

I’m very confused now.
I feel your pain. We now have two of our three bags back, though according to WorldTracer delivery has only been initiated on all of them. The initial info I was sent showed delivery on the 22nd as well, one arrived 23rd and the other today.

I spoke to Eagle and they said that basically the info is not correct as rather than exclusively using them (as normally happens) they are using 4 different couriers, so BA are the best people to speak to. We have 1 bag delivered by Parcelforce and one by DHL. The other one I've no idea when it will arrive.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 11:57 am

Programs: BAEC
Has anyone any experience of claiming for taxi waiting time based on long baggage delivery times?
(how would you do this if so?)
Old Feb 24, 2022, 12:19 pm

A strange looking van just pulled up, 1 of our 6 bags have arrived, probably the most useful one too, as it has our toiletries in it.

Edit, Another single bag arrived this morning and two more are scheduled to be delivered by DHL some time this morning.
wrp96 and SxMan like this.

Last edited by sky_flyer; Feb 25, 2022 at 3:05 am
Old Feb 25, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: BA GfL, TK *G+
Quick update - bags received 10pm last night, 24th. I was the couriers 29th drop of the day. With everything else going on in the world losing a bag for 5 days doesn’t seem too bad.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 8:22 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold(twice), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Well you should certainly apply. Normally the answer would be no, that is a consequential loss, so had you asked here at the time I would have said "go home and wait for the bag to be delivered". But maybe in your circumstances they will pay up.
As ever CWS, you are right. BA have replied that they are unable to refund for taxi waiting time. No explanation, just the usual flannel that they've let us down, not what we expect etc. This is despite the T5 Customer Relations chap volunteering quite clearly that BA would forward luggage and pay for additional taxi cost. By waiting as bags were always about to be delivered, I suspect we saved BA more in courier costs. So BA tell fibs now too.
SxMan likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 8:31 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by 'andad
As ever CWS, you are right. BA have replied that they are unable to refund for taxi waiting time. No explanation, just the usual flannel that they've let us down, not what we expect etc. This is despite the T5 Customer Relations chap volunteering quite clearly that BA would forward luggage and pay for additional taxi cost. By waiting as bags were always about to be delivered, I suspect we saved BA more in courier costs. So BA tell fibs now too.
You can take it further if you wish. I don't think the person who told you that taxi costs can be claimed understood what BA's policies in this area are, so the root cause was someone saying things which they should not have said.You can try to recover the costs via CEDR on the basis of the airline acting unfairly - that's not EC261 but is part of CEDR's remit for BA. Alternatively you could try via MCOL, but that would require careful consideration. But overall it's best to seek advice in this forum, given a choice.
SxMan likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 3:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Diamond
I've now been waiting 8 days for my bag. It's been 6 days since the bag was 'found' and assigned a courier. Should I be worried? Could I go to LHR and collect it myself?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.