Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe seating 3-3 on some routes [to help clear storm disruption backlog]

Club Europe seating 3-3 on some routes [to help clear storm disruption backlog]

Old Feb 28, 2022, 3:54 am

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fluffymitten
Crew Lead on this evening's GLA-LHR flight apologised to CE customers and mentioned that Customer Services will be in touch in the next few days. So will see what they offer.

Only 4 crew serving what was a pretty full flight and I think they did well. Even called me by name! Felt sorry for the person put in the middle seat but they were just happy to be delayed any further.
Likely too soon, but i'd be interested to hear if you'd had anything from Customer Services in relation to this yet? I was in the same boat yesterday on a BHD-LHR flight - stuck in the middle seat for a CE flight - not great.
becks1 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 4:22 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
No, but I got an eamil at 0514 this morning subject line "A message about your flight" which said "If you have an onward connection that you are now at risk of missing, our rebooking team will be aware" which struck me as pretty useless for a flight that was supposed to have landed at 1930 the previous evening.

It also didn't say which of the flights in the booking it was talking about; the outbound was also delayed by two hours, so maybe I'll get another one in two days' time.

Only apology was a very brief mention from the flight deck but given that it was probably their fourth apology of the day, I suppose that's forgivable. Our delay was lengthened by the utterly useless Menzies ground staff at EDI allowing a passenger to board who was quite obviously p1ssed (and had been talking to strangers in the lounge beforehand, knocking back spirits, singing to himself, demonstrably unfit to fly.) There was a ripple of laughter when he finally left the lounge so I was slightly surprised to see him sitting in 5A when I boarded (he tried to fist-bump me as I walked past). Obviously the crew realised and had to offload him, then it turned out he had a checked bag. Then no jetty on arrival at LHR. I could live with the Club Europe spork if the short-haul operation wasn't a constant, neverending ....show.
efincomputer and becks1 like this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 4:28 am

We had 3-3 seating in club Europe from lanzarote yesterday, not great but the crew were fabulous and very apologetic about the situation.
All quite a mess though, we had booked economy and paid for emergency exit seats, last Wednesday our seat allocation was removed as club extended to row 12, called BA holidays, who were great, upgraded using avios then get 3-3 seating. Then over 2 hours for bags at heathrow, priority tags did work as our bags were first off - small mercies
I know the extra club passengers were glad to get home after Saturdays cancellations and I too would have been grateful but the mess was of BAs making, I assume I can get my seat payment refunded, ideally some avios back for our upgrade though assume nothing will happen around waiting 2 hours for bags - could have been worse but that’s not great feedback - at least there was a lounge and the drinks were kept topped up
efincomputer likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 5:03 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by mcmichael
Then over 2 hours for bags at heathrow, priority tags did work as our bags were first off - small mercies
Priority is not the word i would use in your scenario....
choosethedrew and becks1 like this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 5:31 am

Is this still happening from the IT snafu or is it safe to venture back onto short-haul again?

Heard nothing from BA about last weekend...
Old Mar 3, 2022, 5:37 am

Programs: BAEC
Just to update, in reply to my complaint I got an apology and we got 10,000 avios each credited to our accounts
Old Mar 3, 2022, 5:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ajamieson
Is this still happening from the IT snafu or is it safe to venture back onto short-haul again?

Heard nothing from BA about last weekend...
I think 3x3 is gone for now. I even had a flight on Monday which was not downgraded.
ajamieson likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 6:11 am

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
Originally Posted by Karen Jackson
Just to update, in reply to my complaint I got an apology and we got 10,000 avios each credited to our accounts
Cue a sudden deluge of complaints to BA from FTers who’ve suddenly remembered they were very, very angry and disappointed …
fluffymitten, DelTroon and SxMan like this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by GumshoeW12
Cue a sudden deluge of complaints to BA from FTers who’ve suddenly remembered they were very, very angry and disappointed …
Were you affected?
Old Mar 3, 2022, 6:28 am

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
Originally Posted by ajamieson
Were you affected?
Nope. I avoid flying in Feb half term like the plague. Far too many Banners and their whining offspring clogging up the lounges.
DelTroon and SxMan like this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: BAEC
🤷‍♀️ I told them I’d booked business specifically for the extra space to be able to work, which I couldn’t do - exacerbated by the disgruntled bloke in the seat in front slamming his seat into recline for the whole flight, including the meal service and landing. That I would have expected some kind of communication prior to the flight letting me know about the change - but I also complimented the hard work and good service from the cabin crew. I think saying something nice, especially mentioning staff members by name, often helps get a good response for a complaint rather than coming across as angry and a bit entitled.
PUCCI GALORE, Vaclav and Ramos like this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 4:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
First Post from a longtime lurker.
Yes, i too complained in a very English way about lack of space as a gold in an unexpected 3 abreast in CE and also got 10K miles AND a promise that they would calculate a partial refund.
Not yet seen the latter.... this only impacted me one way to EDI last week. Think they've been quite fair to be honest.
KARFA and Bohinjska Bistrica like this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 5:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by DidgeryDub
First Post from a longtime lurker.
Yes, i too complained in a very English way about lack of space as a gold in an unexpected 3 abreast in CE and also got 10K miles AND a promise that they would calculate a partial refund.
Not yet seen the latter.... this only impacted me one way to EDI last week. Think they've been quite fair to be honest.
Yes I'd agree that this is a fair gesture.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 5:33 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Nope. I avoid flying in Feb half term like the plague. Far too many Banners and their whining offspring clogging up the lounges.
I have every sympathy. but please can you tell me what are "Banners"?
Old Mar 3, 2022, 6:08 pm

Originally posted by PG

I have every sympathy. but please can you tell me what are "Banners"?
I assume they are self-important Queen's Counsel.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.