Is my flight cancelled?

Old Feb 17, 2022, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Is my flight cancelled?

Hi all,

A new one for me that I'm hoping someone can help with.

I'm booked to fly on BA306 from Heathrow to Paris (CDG) at 8.40am on Saturday 5th March, however the flight dissapeared from BA.com about 4 days ago, and isn't bookable. I haven't had a cancelation email and I can still log into my booking and move seats etc. and I not the aircraft has changed from A320 to A319 at some point, but knowing BA's IT, it maybe takes a while for the cancelation to filter through to existing bookings?

I've not seen this before and it's a bit annoying from a planning perspective trying to anticpate if we'll end up on the earlier flight, so hoping someone can suggest what might be going on?

Thanks
Old Feb 17, 2022, 10:18 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Joshm300
Hi all,

A new one for me that I'm hoping someone can help with.

I'm booked to fly on BA306 from Heathrow to Paris (CDG) at 8.40am on Saturday 5th March, however the flight dissapeared from BA.com about 4 days ago, and isn't bookable. I haven't had a cancelation email and I can still log into my booking and move seats etc. and I not the aircraft has changed from A320 to A319 at some point, but knowing BA's IT, it maybe takes a while for the cancelation to filter through to existing bookings?

I've not seen this before and it's a bit annoying from a planning perspective trying to anticpate if we'll end up on the earlier flight, so hoping someone can suggest what might be going on?

Thanks
BA says yes
Attached Images  
Old Feb 17, 2022, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I'm booked to fly on BA306 from Heathrow to Paris (CDG) at 8.40am on Saturday 5th March ...
Originally Posted by VSLover
BA says yes
But it says that in relation to Sat 19 Feb.

On Sat 5 Mar, BA306 is not cancelled, but it is zeroed. BA is still holding a number of reservations for it, as shown by the fact that there are some pre-allocated seats in both cabins.

BA is likely to be hedging its bets on whether the flight will be cancelled. But if it is, there's an 0715 and a 1305 to choose from as alternatives.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 10:27 am

hoping someone can suggest what might be going on?
It's very likely to be cancelled.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 11:37 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
I've encountered similar with my return flight from Antigua on 14 March (confirmed in my BA EC app). When going into BA website to check the cash price of my Avios 2-4-1 booking (don't we all like to know how much we are saving with a redemption?) the message for the return flight says 'We don't fly the route on the date you have chosen' and shows either 13 or 15 March flights. My outward flight on 2 March is still there as a booking option.

I have not had any message/email from BA re a flight change from 14 March. Am I being dumb, missed something or should I be concerned?
Old Feb 17, 2022, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by higham44
I've encountered similar with my return flight from Antigua on 14 March (confirmed in my BA EC app). ...

I have not had any message/email from BA re a flight change from 14 March. Am I being dumb, missed something or should I be concerned?
BA2256 ANU-LGW on 14 March is still on sale and still has W9 Y9, using a UK POS.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Globaliser
But it says that in relation to Sat 19 Feb.

On Sat 5 Mar, BA306 is not cancelled, but it is zeroed. BA is still holding a number of reservations for it, as shown by the fact that there are some pre-allocated seats in both cabins.

BA is likely to be hedging its bets on whether the flight will be cancelled. But if it is, there's an 0715 and a 1305 to choose from as alternatives.
d'oh! all this weather excitement has impeded my comprehension
Globaliser likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 11:48 am

IME flights can be zeroed out and not purchasable for several days before some process in BA actually cancels the flight.

rb211.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Originally Posted by Globaliser
BA2256 ANU-LGW on 14 March is still on sale and still has W9 Y9, using a UK POS.
That's a relief, thanks.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 5:38 pm

Programs: BA Silver, A3
I have 2 flights zeroed out for a couple of months LHR-HND and the return in June. It looks like they can keep us waiting as long as they want!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.