FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   AA ticket, AY Codeshare, BA Metal (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2068930-aa-ticket-ay-codeshare-ba-metal.html)

1/4MM@20 Feb 15, 2022 12:11 pm

AA ticket, AY Codeshare, BA Metal

My husband is traveling in a couple of weeks JFK-LHR-TLV in Club. Ticket was booked through AA (AA ticket number). The JFK-LHR is an AY codeshare flight number on BA metal, connecting to LHR-TLV (BA flight number / BA metal). He is able to select a seat for the TLV-LHR flight (for a fee of course as he has no status) but not for the JFK-LHR.

Wondering if anyone knows a way to select a seat in advance for a BA flight booked as AY codeshare? Have tried the Finnair website without success. Has anyone managed this?

And if not, will he be able to online check-in at T-24 and select a seat? Or will the AY codeshare require airport check-in?

Any experience with this situation greatly appreciated.

Schwann Feb 15, 2022 2:05 pm

Have you tried using the booking reference you used on the Finnair website on the BA website?

I'm sure BA should be able to allocate a seat over the phone too if all else fails.

BA6501 Feb 15, 2022 2:40 pm

There are (at least) 3 PNRs in this kind of situation:
- the AA one
- the AY one (for the JFK-LHR)
- the BA one (operating PNR for the JFK-LHR)
- maybe another BA one for LHR-TLV, although this could be / probably is the same as the AY one

It's the third one that you need to book your seats on JFK-LHR.

1/4MM@20 Feb 16, 2022 11:15 am

Originally Posted by BA6501 (Post 33994802)
There are (at least) 3 PNRs in this kind of situation:
- the AA one
- the AY one (for the JFK-LHR)
- the BA one (operating PNR for the JFK-LHR)
- maybe another BA one for LHR-TLV, although this could be / probably is the same as the AY one

It's the third one that you need to book your seats on JFK-LHR.

Thanks. Per AA - they only see 1 additional PNR in the booking (other than the AA one). They say they see the same PNR for both the JFK-LHR (as an AY flight number) and the LHR-TLV.

This is the PNR we have been using on BA.com - it shows both flights but only allows seat selection for the LHR-TLV (JFK-LHR says seats available on check-in).

Any idea how we find the missing BA PNR for the JFK-LHR?

Schwann Feb 16, 2022 11:26 am

At this stage I would just call BA.

Confus Feb 16, 2022 12:52 pm

BA and AY are both Amadeus airlines so the PNR will be the same. It’s only different for airlines that use non-1A systems.

BA6501 Feb 16, 2022 1:09 pm

BA tend to have an operating PNR in these cases. If you look closely - at least in the old MMB version - one of the flights will be listed as "for information only" rather than confirmed.

Confus Feb 16, 2022 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by BA6501 (Post 33997707)
BA tend to have an operating PNR in these cases. If you look closely - at least in the old MMB version - one of the flights will be listed as "for information only" rather than confirmed.

Again, not for AY, which uses the same unique 1A PNR.