Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Storm Eunice (Friday 18 Feb 2022) (and Dudley Wed 16)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Storm Eunice (Friday 18 Feb 2022) (and Dudley Wed 16)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:13 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by onlynik
I was meant to be flying ABZ-LHR-LIN tomorrow leaving at 0635, but the LHR-LIN flight has been cancelled. I'm unable to book another flight as the system keeps trying to make me book an extra LHR-MIL flight, I can't call anyone due to the time, any suggestions?
Use Skype or some other VOIP to call BA on their USA number, that's open until midnight or thereabouts.
onlynik likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I’ve still not received any cancellation emails/texts from BA.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:22 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I'm sitting on a couple of flights to GLA to connect up with the 1925 GLA to LHR which connects up with a SOF flight on Saturday morning. Currently trying to figure out which airport to go to. One is Easyjet out of Gatwick, around 1445, the other is BA out of LHR at 1505 on an RFS. It doesn't appear that any BA flights into or out of Glasgow are bookable, though the 1925 is showing seats available, others are all zeroed on EF.

Quite a dilemma really, but my inclination is to go to Heathrow on the basis it'll be easier to sort things out from there if Glasgow flights are clobbered, and if I can't get to GLA because a BA flight is cancelled I'll have more leverage in persuading BA to let me start from LHR to SOF. Of course FTVs remove a lot of the jeopardy from these situations, but it's still a little stressful.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:31 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by bisonrav
Quite a dilemma really, but my inclination is to go to Heathrow on the basis it'll be easier to sort things out from there if Glasgow flights are clobbered, and if I can't get to GLA because a BA flight is cancelled I'll have more leverage in persuading BA to let me start from LHR to SOF. Of course FTVs remove a lot of the jeopardy from these situations, but it's still a little stressful.
My money would be on GLA-LHR being cancelled anyway, because they may find it easier to delay the 17:20 service (which may happen anyway) to at least 19:25 and thus knock out the later service. easyJet from LGW may be more straightforward, to coin a phrase, since LGW tends to ride out storms much better than LHR.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:35 pm

Anyone got any inside info on whether the BA US to UK flights are going to go ahead this evening?
Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:41 pm

Programs: British Airways, Hilton
We’re at the Sofitel LHR t5. We were booked to fly to Lisbon at 12 noon tomorrow but managed to rebook for the earlier 9:15 flight. There was no charge to change the flight and hopefully the earlier flight will have more chance of going.
pythonisman, becks1 and EDDLEGLL like this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
I’ve still not received any cancellation emails/texts from BA.
I must be getting all yours.
so far I am at 3 texts and two emails from them.

it’s more communication than I’ve ever got from BA I think ever!

I’ve availed myself of the AZ flight from
FCO to LHR tomorrow night- lands late but hopefully has a good chance of flying 🤞🏻

Great service from Amex I have to say (well, person 2 who sounds like she’s in for a long night)
Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pythonisman
I must be getting all yours.
so far I am at 3 texts and two emails from them.

it’s more communication than I’ve ever got from BA I think ever!

I’ve availed myself of the AZ flight from
FCO to LHR tomorrow night- lands late but hopefully has a good chance of flying 🤞🏻

Great service from Amex I have to say (well, person 2 who sounds like she’s in for a long night)
It’s not that I’m not receiving emails and texts from BA as I am but they’re all about using VeriFLY and document checks and none regarding flight cancellations.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:58 pm
hmv

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
The next BA flight for sale from AMS to LHR is on Sunday. And yes, Netherlands has preemptively completely cancelled all national and international train services from 14:00 Friday.BA meanwhile is not interested in rebooking my AMS-LHR-PHL-JAX to their AA codeshare AMS-DFW-PHL, so hotels and dinners on them then until I get there.
I'm on the Saturday AMS LHR flight and all of a sudden all business class seats have been reserved and expert flyer says 0 availability in all classes. So I have a slight suspicion that it will be taken out of the schedule or blocked as precaution.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by pythonisman
Thank you for the info.

Unfortunately my ticket is on QF stock, and booked via Amex so BA I don’t think are able to make changes for me in my case.

I’ve spoken to Amex travel a couple of times tonight and a kind lady is off calling Qantas who apparently still have my ticket as confirmed which limits their options in terms of what they can change for me, unsure the outcome here or why QF hasn’t got the flight as cancelled yet, dodgy IT somewhere I’m guessing.

I am thinking I’ve likely missed the Alitalia/ITA option tonight, but indeed a flight with them tomorrow night would be preferable to a ‘will she won’t she’ flight on BA. I assume/expect I can obtain an original routing credit for the missed status credits (not that I strictly need that sector’s.

I will wait for the Amex lady to call me back (or call them back in a couple of hours if I haven’t heard) and see what the situation is.

Thankyou as always for your comprehensive and helpful replies here.

Looks like the BA559 has been cancelled now and the earlier flight BA555 at 1345 is operating. As you’ve booked via a travel agent they should be rebooking you though BA at the airport might transfer you. Check your alternatives if you’ve booked with QF they might have an Emirates codeshare via DXB or QR via DOH.

Good luck and let us know what happens.
pythonisman likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 5:40 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
BA1438 is now zeroed and MMB and EF have no seat maps available nor is seat selection working.

We can all blame me for this - I did think when I booked this trip that I wish I was going to have a little longer in CCR to relax between flights. It appears I'll have all the time in the world.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 5:51 pm

Well this is frustrating. I’m on 568 to LIN on the 18th and BA checked us in from Sfo to lhr without any warning that it might be cancelled, app still shows it as a go but other apps shows cancelled. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by olouie; Feb 17, 2022 at 6:02 pm
Old Feb 17, 2022, 6:23 pm

Last flight to BCN today, have an engagement tomorrow morning so makes things interesting. The middle of today flight doesn't show as an option but the first flight of the day does. May be an early start today instead... Flight isn't showing as cancelled yet though.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:24 pm

Programs: BAEC
Met Office have upgraded their warning at 4am to smother London and the South East with a red warning...

Deanog1976 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Be
Well the “Red” warning has been issued, if you’re travelling today be safe!

Looks like it’s going to be a very nasty 12 hours….
flashware and becks1 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.