Departing from TFS

Old Feb 12, 22, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Departing from TFS

Any recent reports on elite check in desks, fast track, lounges access and - most importantly - length of queues?

P.S. 14 rows of CE on my flight!
Old Feb 12, 22, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by ringingup View Post
Any recent reports on elite check in desks, fast track, lounges access and - most importantly - length of queues?

P.S. 14 rows of CE on my flight!
Left a week ago, 2 check in desks for Club as 14 rows too, check in opened about 2 hours 20 mins before so get there say another 20 minutes before that if you want to be near the front of the queue to maximise lounge time time. No fast track security but it was a very short queue. The lounge is open and its quite good, very big, self service drinks and collect hot food from a counter service. Our experience was good. Verifly used and accepted with pleasure.
lcylocal, ringingup and becks1 like this.
Old Feb 12, 22, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Thank you! Its actually the first time in a while that I travel BA non-domestically. Do you have to use VeriFLY in order to be able to check in online?
Old Feb 12, 22, 6:16 am

Thank you! Its actually the first time in a while that I travel BA non-domestically. Do you have to use VeriFLY in order to be able to check in online?
You're welcome. No you can check in fine without using Verifly, but if you do use it you just show that app at check in or now I just say I've used it, as they can see it against your ticket, so you don't have to show your UK PLF, was definitely worth it when you had to show tests aswell but that's gone now.
ringingup likes this.
Old Feb 12, 22, 6:19 am

Programs: BA Gold
Had to use Verifly when I flew back from ACE a couple of weeks ago, so I assume that will apply to departures from all Spanish airports, including TFS. From watching people ahead of me in the queue, it appeared that most of them had not checked in online, which made things move very slowly.
ringingup likes this.
Old Feb 12, 22, 6:41 am
Original Poster

As I mentioned here, TFS doesnt appear as an option for a trip to the UK on VeriFLY. From a quick read through the thread, it sounds like airports come and go
Old Feb 12, 22, 7:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP
As I mentioned here, TFS doesn’t appear as an option for a trip to the UK on VeriFLY. From a quick read through the thread, it sounds like airports come and go…
Verifly was available there when we came back on the 15th, but we had luggage so had to do check-in anyway.

Check-In usually opens circa 2 hours before so as has been said, get there circa 2 and a half hours before if you want to maximise lounge time, or an hour and a half if you want to minimise queuing time as club check in can be as long as economy when it opens. { Club is usually full to capacity & economy is usually half empty ATM }

No fast track included at TFS but then security has been very fast there every time we've gone through these past couple of years. Turn left after security and the lounge is at the very end after duty free.

Just one thing to mention is that Passport control is between the lounge and the gate these days { used to be at the gate }, so allow extra time for that especially if you are departing from one of the higher numbered gates down @ the far end of the terminal.
ringingup likes this.

Last edited by The Geek; Feb 12, 22 at 7:46 am
Old Feb 12, 22, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks The Geek. Im usually nervous about arriving too late at the airport, but I need to maximise time spent with this view!

I might opt for the 90 minute before flight option

paulaf likes this.
Old Feb 12, 22, 7:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP
Thanks The Geek. I’m usually nervous about arriving too late at the airport, but I need to maximise time spent with this view!

I wouldn't panic, worst thing you encounter is traffic on the main road to the airport and that usually isn't a massive delay. If we get there early, we just chill in cafe bar outside the airport until the check-in queue has gone down.
ringingup likes this.
Old Feb 12, 22, 8:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I came back last weekend.

Few things to Note -

The Passport control was at the gate (not the usual place downstairs).
VeriFLY worked fine for me.

Depending what time your flight is, there was a queue outside for the lounge as it was full inside.
Security is pretty quick! Although watch out for the "random beep" that goes off at the metal detector, your luggage and most contents gets tested but you don't!
ringingup likes this.
Old Feb 12, 22, 9:33 am

Thanks The Geek. Im usually nervous about arriving too late at the airport, but I need to maximise time spent with this view!

Only thing about leaving it later the lounge queue might be long if 14 rows x 4 pax ahead of you. We were 2nd in queue and it was starting to build up as the lounge check in is quite slow, photocopying boarding passes doesn't help.
ringingup likes this.
Old Feb 20, 22, 7:46 am

Any other recent experience of the lounge at TFS? I'm flying out from there on 1 March with family and trying to figure out if it is worth the 75 for us all to get in (not flying BA on this occasion so everybody will have to be paid for). Due to connecting ferry times we've got about 4 hours at the airport so am leaning in favour of coughing up for it.
Old Feb 20, 22, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by taranty View Post
Any other recent experience of the lounge at TFS? I'm flying out from there on 1 March with family and trying to figure out if it is worth the 75 for us all to get in (not flying BA on this occasion so everybody will have to be paid for). Due to connecting ferry times we've got about 4 hours at the airport so am leaning in favour of coughing up for it.
I think it's quite a good lounge, large too and lots of soft seating good for a longish stay. Good choice of drinks, cold snacks, I think there was hot food but not 100% sure, I would pay that for 4 hours.
Old Feb 20, 22, 10:51 am

If purchasing lounge access directly from the Aena website it's capped at a maximum visit of four hours from your flight departure time on your boarding pass. So keep this in mind as I note you specifically mentioned ABOUT 4 HOURS AT THE AIRPORT. Also as most airlines won't open check in until 2 hours prior this may well reduce your expected lounge usage time as the lounge is after security in the airside area.
Old Feb 20, 22, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

I didnt check what sort of food and drinks were on offer. As others have mentioned, the lounge is spacious and its probably more comfortable than any other seating at the airport.

Search this Thread