Departing from TFS

Old Feb 20, 2022, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by ringingup
I didn’t check what sort of food and drinks were on offer. As others have mentioned, the lounge is spacious and it’s probably more comfortable than any other seating at the airport.
Spacious during Winter and covid or likely still to be spacious with all the Avios’rs in Club high summer?
Old Feb 25, 2022, 2:52 am

Thanks for the replies, decision is that it's worth it. By the time you think of the money saved not having to buy food in the airport/on the flight it's a no brainer given the comfort improvement. I'll post some pics and details afterwards.
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
If purchasing lounge access directly from the Aena website it's capped at a maximum visit of four hours from your flight departure time on your boarding pass. So keep this in mind as I note you specifically mentioned ABOUT 4 HOURS AT THE AIRPORT. Also as most airlines won't open check in until 2 hours prior this may well reduce your expected lounge usage time as the lounge is after security in the airside area.
I had clocked the four hour restriction on the Aena website but hadn't thought about the check in issue you flag. There's a number of other flights with the same airline during the day so hopefully it will just be generic all-flights bag drop desks and we'll be able to dump the bags nice and early.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 6:31 pm

Might have just been half term week but TFS was shambolic on 23rd Feb.
We turned up 2.5 hours before the BA flight and still nearly missed it thanks to:
1. A whole hour queuing to check bags. One desk for economy, 2 desks for CE (12 rows on flight).
2. Huge queues for security, vast numbers of Tui/Jet2 flights.
3. Enormous queue for passport control to access the gates (only 2 flustered staff for the whole airport’s passengers). Staff refusing to prioritise passengers whose flights were about to depart. Lots of angry punters in the queue.
Absolutely dreadful.
The Priority Pass Sala Montana Roja lounge is half decent but no time to use it.
If flying economy / no BA status, I’d get there 3 hours before kickoff.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by taranty
I had clocked the four hour restriction on the Aena website but hadn't thought about the check in issue you flag. There's a number of other flights with the same airline during the day so hopefully it will just be generic all-flights bag drop desks and we'll be able to dump the bags nice and early.
I'm not sure about other airlines but for BA departures, check in is operated by Iberia and there are designated desks for specific flights. It's not a generic check-in for all departures so don't bank on being able to drop your bags earlier than the check in opens. You might find an amenable and helpful agent but those words tend not to happen in the same sentence as Iberia ground staff that often. It's one of those airports where passengers are queueing up in line at the desks before the check-in has even opened.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.