Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

High-flying barrister, 41, and his family are removed from BA flight at Heathrow

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

High-flying barrister, 41, and his family are removed from BA flight at Heathrow

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2022, 5:55 am

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.

We were sat in the row behind. There weren’t any seats to offer the nanny, contrary to his report.
He was an arrogant man who pushed the BA team to their limits and caused 300 people to miss transfers and connections.
Rude & over entitled. He made a complete arse of himself.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Well there’s a surprise!
flygirl68, nancypants and TedToToe like this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover (well you have to start somewhere), but he also looks right up himself.
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by BlueThroughCrimp
I’m here wondering how they got 300 passengers - with connections - in TURIN of all places - onto an A320.

Not much credibility to this so-called “row-behind” account.

I’m not saying I believe the rest of the story either, but blind comments like this that are clearly waaaaaay outside reality don’t help figure out what happened, or, more importantly, how the company I care about in this case (BA) can improve handling of such situations.
Grog and AirbusA350 like this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 6:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
It's a very bad idea going to the press when there are a lot of people who were also present (and delayed because of you), who may not take kindly to your playing of the victim card. Very real chance you end up looking like an idiot and in public as well.

You'd have thought a prestigious barrister might have thought this one through.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by Schultzois
I’m here wondering how they got 300 passengers - with connections - in TURIN of all places - onto an A320.

I’m not saying I believe the rest of the story either, but blind comments like this that are clearly waaaaaay outside reality don’t help figure out what happened, or, more importantly, how the company I care about in this case (BA) can improve handling of such situations.
I agree about the number, but connections aren't restricted to flight connections.
flygirl68 and AirbusA350 like this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Correct. I think it is absolutely disgusting that someone posting on twitter didn't know the exact number of people on the plane. I bet they didn't even know the length of the runway. No credibility at all. Their flimsy charade has fallen through. Well done Sherlock!
Old Feb 14, 2022, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The combined number of customers on the outbound and return flights.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 6:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond

BAs A320s usually have 180 seats I believe? Times that by 2 = 360 seats, so potentially 360 people delayed if you include the return flight.
mrow, Robert279 and LadyKilljoy like this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by HarryHolden68
This thread has run to 163 posts in a couple of days. The topic is not about what BA did or did not do. The topic of this thread is about the behaviour of the passenger in response.
From that perspective, no, you’re wrong.

The topic is actually that it hit popular news sources, either because of what BA did or didn’t do, or because of the passenger (eventually) did in response. Likely both.

I used to fly BA a lot - ten years as a gold card holder. They used to be quite good at sorting out difficult situations, including the time I sat in a crew jump seat (only after the captain permitted it for a “normal” passenger) on a day with extreme disruption. There’s not really a single angle I can look at this story from that doesn’t suggest we wouldn’t even be reading it if BA had done a little better, the way I always used to see them do.
Grog, CX HK and LadyKilljoy like this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You are Charles Banner and I claim my £5 !
Old Feb 14, 2022, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
The combined number of customers on the outbound and return flights.
Still less than 300.
Unless you’re going to count the next day’s passengers as well.

It’s gross exaggeration.

If you can’t see that, I can’t help any more.
Grog likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Still less than 300.

It’s gross exaggeration.

I’m guessing Maths was your strongest subject at school? 😂😂😂
Old Feb 14, 2022, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by S_W_S
BAs A320s usually have 180 seats I believe? Times that by 2 = 360 seats, so potentially 360 people delayed if you include the return flight.
The number I saw for a two cabin A320 was around 150.

I also know Turin airport quite well, as BA lost my bags there for three weeks after the T5 opening… it’s not the kind of place you’d catch a connecting flight from. I certainly acknowledge that some of the TRN-LHR passengers would have been in transit to someplace else, but to round up to 300 passengers over something like this is just silly. That was the point I was making. And somehow there are people here who actually believe the original rhetoric.

I would not have wanted to be on this flight or have this disruption (thankfully I wasn’t) but to believe stories - about 300 passengers missing connections -that don’t make any sense… Nonsense.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 6:27 am

Still less than 300.

It’s gross exaggeration.

I doubt the Tweeter is an AvGeek who knows capacities of aircraft, particularly if she's at the front.
I think it takes a lot to post an allegation about a high profile QC, and her post history is hardly one of a troll account.
Kleffen likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.