Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA resumes LHR-SIN-SYD at end of March ‘22

BA resumes LHR-SIN-SYD at end of March ‘22

Old Apr 22, 22, 1:19 am

Our back up would be to send the bags back home not ideal but our friends are dropping us at the airport so they can take them. They have said that they would check them through so my confidence has gone from 50/50 to 75%….but fully aware this is BA!
Old Apr 22, 22, 2:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by whiteheatsyd View Post
Our back up would be to send the bags back home not ideal but our friends are dropping us at the airport so they can take them. They have said that they would check them through so my confidence has gone from 50/50 to 75%….but fully aware this is BA!
The person who you 1st contacted gave correct information on policy - I wouldn't rely on the twitter support

Is there a reason for not taking a flight where the risk is removed ( or significantly reduced ) rather than risking quite a cost to have them shipped as freight.
Old Apr 22, 22, 4:52 am

Wife doesn’t want to do it, as spend 4 days in Singapore already and think when we leave here she just wants to get home. I wouldn’t mind a day in the airport hotel to chill. Then there is the stress of having to get covid tests again to get into Singapore…..that can go south.
Old Apr 26, 22, 10:57 am

Programs: BA GGLFL, EK Gold, Virgin Gold,
BA 015 LHR - SYD equipment in October - query

Looking at a booking to Sydney in mid-October in Club World. Equipment is showing as BA 787. Would anyone be able to let me know if this is likely to be equipped with Club Suites by then? Many thanks.
Old Apr 26, 22, 11:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold
It won't - they're getting all the 777's done this year (hopefully) and then moving onto the other types.

The only 787 with CS is the -10, and that doesn't have the range for that flight. They're using the -9 and there's no update on when they'll be refitted.

You may get lucky and they switch it to a 77W for the winter schedule
Old Apr 26, 22, 11:06 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Unlikely, says the crystal ball. Said ball also says 777 more likely to be swapped in for the 787s, thanks to frieight, and these may have CS. BA won't know so that's probably the best we can speculate.
Old Apr 26, 22, 11:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles and More, Flying Blue, VA, Accor
Originally Posted by NRGsaver View Post
Looking at a booking to Sydney in mid-October in Club World. Equipment is showing as BA 787. Would anyone be able to let me know if this is likely to be equipped with Club Suites by then? Many thanks.
I believe the plan is to finish the rollout on the 777s before moving on to other aircraft types. I believe BA15 is operated by 787-9s, which will likely still have the old seat type until early/mid next year (as a rough guess). I may be wrong though.
Old Apr 27, 22, 1:58 am

Programs: BA GGLFL, EK Gold, Virgin Gold,
Thanks everyone for the helpful answers - I will set my expectations accordingly. I prefer Club Suites but 'old' CW will be fine.
Old Apr 27, 22, 3:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by NRGsaver View Post
Thanks everyone for the helpful answers - I will set my expectations accordingly. I prefer Club Suites but 'old' CW will be fine.
If you're travelling alone the sole middle seat on the 789 is almost like a suite
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Jul 22, 22, 9:00 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I’ve just had an update to my December flights on BA 11 / 15 (LHR SIN and SIN SYD).

It seems the aircraft Types have been swapped around with BA 11 now being a 789 and BA 15 now being a 77W
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Jul 22, 22, 9:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer View Post
I’ve just had an update to my December flights on BA 11 / 15 (LHR SIN and SIN SYD).

It seems the aircraft Types have been swapped around with BA 11 now being a 789 and BA 15 now being a 77W
More info here too

BA Winter 22/23 Route Updates
HFHFFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 23, 22, 5:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor silver
BA just seem overly expensive on this route and with old club class I think I would look at alternative operators quite frankly offering better service and probably prices.
Old Jul 23, 22, 5:29 am

Programs: BA silver

We have been shuffled on these flights to row 7A/B on the 789 and rows 5 and 8 middle seats on the 777. Any views on if we should seek a further reshuffle or are these pretty good seats?
Old Jul 23, 22, 5:58 am

Programs: BA GGL (98% to Lifetime Gold), SPG convert from IHG (and Marriott fan now!)
Wonder if that’s why I’m still waiting on an answer from revenue management for F space to be released since Tuesday - if I was getting Club Suites I’d probably save the Avios! (Runs off to check Club Suites thread for next year’s progress…)
Old Jul 24, 22, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club

My BA11/12 in February 23 are both now 789. Bang goes my hope of CS seats. They didn't notify me of the change, it was only when I saw this that I looked in MMB and noticed the change. I'm now in 6A/B outbound and 6J/K inbound.

Last edited by Exsilver; Jul 24, 22 at 9:57 am

Search this Thread