Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Would you decline an upgrade from Club Suite to First?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Would you decline an upgrade from Club Suite to First?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TTmex
No way would I decline, especially if offered at check-in as I'd be waltzing into the CCR. Appreciate that is an exLHR and exJFK (for now) perk only, but I'd also value the additional space and better food/drink on board.
Not necessarily. In my pre-GGL days, I received, at check-in at LHR, an upgrade from J to F and was advised that even as I would now be flying F, I would not be permitted to enter the CCR.

Doc Copper
TTmex likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by DoctorCopper
Not necessarily. In my pre-GGL days, I received, at check-in at LHR, an upgrade from J to F and was advised that even as I would now be flying F, I would not be permitted to enter the CCR.

Doc Copper
When was that? My wife has had a couple of J-F upgrades and has been able to use the CCR.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by DoctorCopper

Doc Copper
Hi

Wow!

Once ( ba gold) I was upgraded at the f lounge reception as for was told I had a new seat and a new boarding pass was issued for f . The lounge agent said i was more than welcome to use the ccr which i did with no issues.

Regards

Tbs
Old Feb 7, 2022, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
First time ever to hear someone refusing to get his car upgraded from a Jaguar to a Range Rover for free!!
Give me an E type over a minibus anyday!
Old Feb 7, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
When was that? My wife has had a couple of J-F upgrades and has been able to use the CCR.
I really can't remember the year. It was a long time ago! I suspect it was in the early days of the CCR at T5.

Doc Copper
gustavmahler likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 10:12 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
To go back to the original question - No I would not refuse - unless my Other Half was not being upgraded as well.
squeeler, T8191 and Lizie like this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
To go back to the original question - No I would not refuse - unless my Other Half was not being upgraded as well.
And that is how marriages/reslationships last! 👍
PUCCI GALORE and Lizie like this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 11:00 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by T8191
And that is how marriages/reslationships last! 👍
Dearest Uncle T - I would never sit in another cabin away from my other half. Ever, I have, I might add, never understood and never will understand families of Father and Mother sitting in J with the children sitting in Y. I have been loftily told thatr the children like to be by themselves - and I simply do not buy it.

Out in the real world, I might add, being with someone else who is not upgraded is the only reason that anyone that I know would decline an upgrade. Some might even accept one regardless. Here, of course, is not the real world as we all know.
T8191 and AJA_ like this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Greenpen
Give me an E type over a minibus anyday!
Give me a Range Rover Sport Autobiography Dynamic V8 518 HP 5.0L Supercharged, which I already own, over Jaguar's full line anyday
Old Feb 7, 2022, 3:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mec72
What’s the best way - just go to the original seat and offer it to the new occupant?
No....they'll probably think you're strange.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 3:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Give me a Range Rover Sport Autobiography Dynamic V8 518 HP 5.0L Supercharged, which I already own, over Jaguar's full line anyday
DYKWIA is a whole different thread! :P
HIDDY, yabadoo, T8191 and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I did once decline an upgrade to F on AA so that a stranger would not be sitting next to my partner in J. Because of the pandemic, I didn't want my partner to have to sit next to a stranger. So the same consideration might apply on BA.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 8:05 pm

!Nope!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.