Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Has anyone ever asked BA crew if they browse Flyertalk?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2022, 5:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

I've never had the nerve to be honest. Having said that I nearly did on two occasions. Once on a 767 CE flight to MAD when I suspected BingBongBoy served us. The other on a GRU-EZE sector in F when attended to by a chatty female Glaswegian purser.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 6:35 pm

Programs: BAEC
I've not thought to and usually try to be low key about browsing this site in lounges or on board in case they think I'm talking about them. Paranoid, I know.
HIDDY and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 6:39 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I have never asked.

I do have a FT bag tag and maybe 2/3 times over the years a crew member has spotted it and asked me. They are usually lurkers and I don’t think I have flown with any of the cc that do post on here.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 8:06 pm

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by HIDDY
when I suspected BingBongBoy served us
And?
LCY8737 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 8:21 pm

No... but I've encountered a server at the lounge (can't remember which) who walked past and commented, "Ooh, you're reading FT!" when glancing at a passenger's tablet.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 2:12 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
I have asked quite a few times, and most either have not heard aout FT or heard about it but never visited.
HIDDY and flybymonkey like this.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 2:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Not asked staff but was about to ask a man on the CCT in June last year if he was a FT celeb. By time I realized it was likely him he was already on board and heading up to MAN. A quick inbox confirmed it was indeed our resident Karfa.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 2:45 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Found it

It was precisely because the forum was mentioned to me by a longtime member of the old Gatwick cabin crew that I discovered it for the first time, several years ago now.
that person clearly monitored FT but I’m not sure whether or not they actually contributed. I wish now I had asked. Haven’t seen them since and I think they were a victim of one of the early culls.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 2:46 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by TTmex
Not asked staff but was about to ask a man on the CCT in June last year if he was a FT celeb. By time I realized it was likely him he was already on board and heading up to MAN. A quick inbox confirmed it was indeed our resident Karfa.
Well that reminds me too. Some years ago, one of just a few times I've mentioned FT when traveling, was also at the lounge.

Making small conversation with I think then with Boris, (made a great espresso), though it probably was before that time, asked about the coffee mug and FT 'lurker' owner.

Then lo and behold a few minutes later as if by magic CWS appeared!
HIDDY, KARFA, squawk and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 2:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TTmex
Technically FT Staff! I was doing my domestic TP runs last year, my wife spotted on twitter that KARFA was on the same flight, as I had been 'papped' walking up the stairs. Then I clocked the FT tag on his bag!
Old Feb 6, 2022, 3:08 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I've found cabin crew who read FT. It's quite often the case on a B2B that you get a discussion on why you're doing it, and it's not that unusual to find crew who read it when I mention FT. I think one of the crew on the GCI inaugural said she did from time to time.

I have met KARFA on a flight too. He's taller in real life.
HIDDY, alex67500, KARFA and 5 others like this.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 3:15 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
I have. A BA FA was sat next to me as a regular passenger, returning home to GLA from her various working flights. She got talking to me, asked me about my trip and BAEC membership etc., but she had never heard of Flyertalk when I mentioned it.
What she also told me was that her Scottish husband had tracked her down on LinkedIn, after she served him on a flight and he was smitten !
HIDDY likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 5:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton HONORS Silver
Slightly off (BA) topic but I've experienced this "the other way round". I flew on the last Virgin Little Red to EDI which was lightly loaded and once the catering service had been completed one of the cabin crew approached me and stated "so you're on Flyertalk then!"

I was really taken aback as I had no FT branded items with me. We had a really good conversation and when I asked about me being a FT'r she said she dabbled in it and she 'just knew'.....

Left the aircraft with loads of sweets and four safety instruction cards "as we don't need these anymore"

Den
Old Feb 6, 2022, 6:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mixbury
And?
I've no idea if it was or not. I didn't want to ask ''are you BingBongBoy''. The missus thinks I'm daft enough as it is!!
dcmike, SKT-DK, Mixbury and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 6:10 am

I normally say something cheeky, and if I don't get slapped with a hairbrush in return, I know it isn't PUCCI, so what's the point?

rb211.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.