Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

ExpressTest Antigen Lateral Fit to Fly test done at T5 departures

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ExpressTest Antigen Lateral Fit to Fly test done at T5 departures

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2022, 5:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
No issues with their lateral flow. Results in 20 min and VeriFLY was a-ok right away and without delay with fee paid.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
I'm flying GLA-LHR-JFK shortly. I have a long layover at LHR. If I don't have time to get tested before my GLA flight will I be allowed to fly GLA-LHR and go landside to test there? All on the same ticket so I'm wondering if check-in will be blocked due to not fulfilling US requirements.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 7:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by layz
I'm flying GLA-LHR-JFK shortly. I have a long layover at LHR. If I don't have time to get tested before my GLA flight will I be allowed to fly GLA-LHR and go landside to test there? All on the same ticket so I'm wondering if check-in will be blocked due to not fulfilling US requirements.
I am under the impression that the test must be completed within a day of your first flight.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Can I just confirm that the testing is before/In the check-in area. For T5 all it says is "departures D2" and ill need to get one done "day of" my flight to Paris. I'm doing it day of due to having a CDG-LHR-LAS flight the next day.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 10:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by dragonflyer10
Can I just confirm that the testing is before/In the check-in area. For T5 all it says is "departures D2" and ill need to get one done "day of" my flight to Paris. I'm doing it day of due to having a CDG-LHR-LAS flight the next day.
Yes, it's landside, right by South Security checkpoint, and clearly signed. It's by the former The George pub and by Zone H. There are zero airside COVID-19 test points airside anywhere in the UK.

HALO, which has an alnternative service, are in the Sofitel attached, with a bit of a walk, to T5 landside.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, it's landside, right by South Security checkpoint, and clearly signed. It's by the former The George pub and by Zone H. There are zero airside COVID-19 test points airside anywhere in the UK.

HALO, which has an alnternative service, are in the Sofitel attached, with a bit of a walk, to T5 landside.
thanks for the confirmation, that's put my mind at ease 😌
Spanish likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 2:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hi all - can I just check that the Express Test lateral flow would satisfy Singapore’s entry requirements? I believe it will, but wanted to check with others

thanks
Old Feb 8, 2022, 8:34 am

These halo NAAT / LAMP tests for £29 bought online, for travel to USA, do you do the test at the halo centre at the Sofitel and then just drop off , is it supervised
Old Feb 8, 2022, 8:47 am

Adding a question to this - would the HALO lateral flow tests be accepted for travel to Italy - have googled until i have gone cross-eyed. Some say it cannot be a self-administered test, but then HALO say although it is self-administered they issue a result which satisfies fit-to-fly requirements - anyone had any experience using them for Italy?
Old Feb 8, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
I'm flying (hopefully) to Antigua on 2 March. The Antiguan website says that a negative RT PCR test (or antigen test) is required. Is a RT PCR that same as a PCR Fit to Fly test?
Old Feb 8, 2022, 1:12 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by higham44
I'm flying (hopefully) to Antigua on 2 March. The Antiguan website says that a negative RT PCR test (or antigen test) is required. Is a RT PCR that same as a PCR Fit to Fly test?
Yes it should be unless Antigua has some further details on the requirements. RT means Reverse Transcription, which is one of the main ways that a PCR test can be processed. Generally speaking countries tend to regard all PCRs as one group, all antigens another group, and maybe some differentaton on other test methodologies like LAMP or NAAT. But without knowing Antigua's specific requirements, if they are asking for a PCR test then a RT PCR will do.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 5:41 am

I’m really hoping someone can help me out here, as the woman on halo live chat was about as much use as a handbrake on a canoe.

1.travelling to usa on a 08:25 flight on a Monday , when exactly do I need to do my test

2. Does BA accept the halo version.

3. which test should I purchase from halo.

4. how quickly from others experience will I get the results back if dropped at the Sofitel drop centre the previous afternoon

thanks if anyone can answer my query
Old Feb 9, 2022, 4:28 pm

You want a Lateral Flow test from Halo taken on Sunday or Monday, any time before departure on these two days. Halo can do PCR in that time too, and my result came back in around 8 hours, but antigens will normally be quicker. BA uses Halo for their own staff so I wouldn't expect any problems with acceptance. For the USA it's not really too difficult, so long as you do the test on the day of travel or the day before, it's not a complex area.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I did this on Wednesday evening, for travel to SFO on Thursday, it's a well established way of fulfilling the US' requirements.

It was a comedy of errors which took three hours to resolve, but I am confident that it was a one-time event. Just stay long enough to see the red Control line.

Don't forget the BA discount to bring the cost to £30 and HALO predictable have a lower cost version in the Sofitel.
C-W-S, Your three hour comedy of errors at T5 Express Test on Wednesday evening may not be a one off event. I too was at Express Test in T5 on Wednesday evening, in prep for SAN on Thursday, and I too encountered several hours chaos at Express Test, with no evidence of leadership. I had to return early Thursday. Thankfully flight times were such that this was possible but your description of the chaos as a comedy of errors is charitable.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by southsquare
C-W-S, Your three hour comedy of errors at T5 Express Test on Wednesday evening may not be a one off event. I too was at Express Test in T5 on Wednesday evening, in prep for SAN on Thursday, and I too encountered several hours chaos at Express Test, with no evidence of leadership. I had to return early Thursday. Thankfully flight times were such that this was possible but your description of the chaos as a comedy of errors is charitable.
Well in my case I had booked an antigen test and had a printed confirmation from ExpressTest with the word antigen clearly written out around the QR code. I sat down for the test and was surprised to be asked to open my mouth - well, maybe they were doing throat tests for lateral now as they should be doing. Then I saw the glass vial and I thought, hang on that's a PCR test tube. They had the wrong guy to mix this up on here. So I told the assistant that I had booked a Lateral Flow. "No sir, PCR". "No, Lateral Flow", waving the paper in front of me. Bit of running around and they said they'd use the sample in the Lateral Flow test. OK I thought, but then as I walked out I remembered that the buffering liquid is different for the two tests. One hour later: test result = "indeterminate". At the 90 minute point - retest, and this time I checked the Lateral Flow cartridge myself. 150 minutes later: no result. At 180 minutes I got them to write up a test certiicate manually and send it to my NHS address. Fortunately that finally worked. "No sir, that has never happened before".

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Feb 10, 2022 at 11:27 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.