BravoFly - Any good?

Old Feb 1, 2022, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue
BravoFly - Any good?

If it's too good to be true, it probably is... However, I thought I would ask about BravoFly. I have seen them before as BA ticket resellers, but should I stay a 747 length away from them? The reason I ask is that they are 20 cheaper on there for a return flight to Jersey, compared to BA. I don't want to pay the 60 and find out it's gone into a 747 engine - never to return!

Thank you.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 4:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by RJD1983
If it's too good to be true, it probably is... However, I thought I would ask about BravoFly. I have seen them before as BA ticket resellers, but should I stay a 747 length away from them? The reason I ask is that they are 20 cheaper on there for a return flight to Jersey, compared to BA. I don't want to pay the 60 and find out it's gone into a 747 engine - never to return!

Thank you.
In this case, book with BA, but screen shot all the pricing / flights details from Bravofly and submit a price guarantee claim to BA for a voucher worth the difference (or sometimes double the difference!)
Allows you to match the fare without the worry of using a 3rd party.

Pilot37
Old Feb 1, 2022, 4:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by RJD1983

Thank you.
What Pilot37 said. Do not touch OTAs with a barge pole as any cancellation / issues will cost your dearly.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 4:44 pm

BravoFly is a part of the Lastminute group. They aren't the worst OTA out there. For a flight of relatively low cost such as to Jersey where the 20 difference can be "significant", I wouldn't completely shy away from an OTA, but go in with the expectation that it won't be easy to manage in case of cancellations etc. Having said that, Lastminute group aren't the worst OTA aren't there.
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 4:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
No!

BravoFly is either affiliated to Last Minute.com or owned by them, either way I had serious issues getting a refund from them.

March 2020 I had a Manchester to Melbourne trip, booked with LM.com in 2019. Now this pandemic wasn't anyone's fault, but it was the way they handled it. Took 4 months to get a refund voucher, so I rebooked flights to Madrid for 4 of us. Then lockdown 2 occurred so I requested a cash refund, and waited another 2 months for that.

Learnt my lesson with OTAs, not to use them. Got duped because they were 100 cheaper than the airline (Emirates). All holidays and flights since had been booked direct with BA. Can't fault them, or their BWC. Hope it stays in some form or other.
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 2:23 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AirbusA350
Having said that, Lastminute group aren't the worst OTA aren't there.
I wouldn't touch Lastminute with a bargepole. I had a terrible experience with them a number of years ago. Complete service failure followed by complete incompetence in handling my complaint. Although maybe they're not that different to BA in some respects these days
Old Feb 2, 2022, 7:07 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
If it was something like 60 with lastminute vs 80 with BA, London to Jersey in 3 weeks time, where there's a 99.9% chance of me taking the flight as booked, I would be happy to book with the OTA.

An expensive fare for a multi-flight itinerary far in the future where there's a more than minuscule chance I might not be able to travel or that BA might cancel or significantly reschedule some flights, are factors that would be against me booking with the OTA.
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by LancashireFlyer
No!

BravoFly is either affiliated to Last Minute.com or owned by them, either way I had serious issues getting a refund from them.
BravoFly the website is owned by Lastminute.com Group, which changed its name from BravoFly Rumbo Groupin 2014/15 when it bought the old Lastminute.com business from Sabre.

They're headquartered in Switzerland, like that other textbook example of consumer-unfriendliness, 'Secondary' ticketing agent Viagogo (one of whose financial backers is, coincidentally, Brent Hoberman, co-founder of the original Lastminute.com).

In 'Covid-era' terms I would need an FFP2 mask, latex gloves and full-body PPE kit before I went near BravoFly/Lastminute.com!
LancashireFlyer and RJD1983 like this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue
So, I'm having a problem trying to book LHR-JER-LHR 14 Feb out, and 15 Feb in, it keeps giving me an error message (see below). I've tried on Chrome, Firefox on Windows 10, then I tried using my Android phone, same problem. Can you guys see if you get the same problems, please? JER-LHR works ok, but not LHR-JER. Also, that BravoFly deal is no longer available.

Thank you.

Old Feb 2, 2022, 4:13 pm

Programs: Ba gold
Originally Posted by Pilot37
In this case, book with BA, but screen shot all the pricing / flights details from Bravofly and submit a price guarantee claim to BA for a voucher worth the difference (or sometimes double the difference!)
Allows you to match the fare without the worry of using a 3rd party.

Pilot37
great advice. Something Ive never thought of, has anyone had any experience of doing this and was it successful? Thanks in advance DC.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.