Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 1, 2022, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Scotflyer80
British Airways (BA) announced that they had signed a codeshare agreement with Loganair (LM) on 16th August 2017. The agreement came into affect on 1st September 2017.

British Airways customers can book onward Loganair connections from destinations across its route network, or point to point travel in the UK more easily through ba.com. Executive Club members who book onto routes operated by Loganair through ba.com can earn Avios and Tier points.

Loganair customers are able to connect onto British Airways domestic services at Manchester, Inverness, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen, flying on a “through ticket”, meaning they can check in hold baggage at their departure airport straight through to their destination.

Some changes have been made to the Loganair operated routes covered by the agreement since 2017, with routes both being added and removed over the years. The most recent update to the agreement was announced on 1st February 2022.

The routes operated by Loganair which British Airways codeshare on of 1st February 2022 are:

[b]Updated: 31st May 2022]/b]

Aberdeen (ABZ) to/from:

Belfast City (BHD)
Birmingham (BHX)
Bristol (BRS)
Kirkwall (KOI)
Manchester (MAN)
Newquay (NQY)
Norwich (NWI)
Sumburgh (LSI)
Teesside (MME)

Derry (LDY) to/from:

Liverpool (LPL)
London Stansted (STN)

Edinburgh (EDI) to/from:

Exeter (EXT)
Isle of Man (IOM)
Kirkwall (KOI)
Southampton (SOU)
Stornaway (SYY)
Sumburgh (LSI)

Glasgow (GLA) to/from:

Benbecula (BEB)
Exeter (EXT)
Islay (ILY)
Kirkwall (KOI)
Southampton (SOU)
Stornaway (SYY)
Sumburgh (LSI)

Isle of Man (IOM) to/from:

Birmingham (BHX)
London City (LCY)
London Heathrow (LHR)
Manchester (MAN)

Inverness (INV) to/from:

Benbecula (BEB)
Birmingham (BHX)
Kirkwall (KOI)
Manchester (MAN)
Newquay (NQY)
Stornaway (SYY)
Sumburgh (LSI)

Newcastle(NCL) to/from:

Exeter (EXT)
Southampton (SOU)

Newquay (NQY) to/from:

Manchester (MAN)

https://www.loganair.co.uk/
Print Wikipost

Loganair Codeshare Agreememt

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2022, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by NandoDave
Had a situation this morning where Loganair were 'sold out' on their site for City of Derry airport into Stanstead, but there was 1 seat available as codeshare via the BA site. I booked that and got a PNR, but so far only the recervation with no ticket number showing in the app and I haven't had an email.

Do the codeshares share inventory or will this final BA seat have been ringfenced for BA. I am nervous about this being some kind of ghost availabililty that the BA site has allowed me to book.

Many thanks.
To update/anwser my own question... I have just received an email:
We need to speak to you about your existing reservation with us.
Please call British Airways at your earliest convenience, quoting the reference number detailed above.
If you do not contact us then you may encounter issues with your reservation.
I'm guessing they are going to drop/refund the reservation.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Bluekjp
I concur. Last week I flew LHR / GLA in CE and onwards GLA / SOU on Loganair which was booked on one itinerary on BA.com with a BA flight number.
For the GLA/SOU I had a Loganair paper boarding card with an LM flight number. I scanned this actual boarding pass at the BA lounge and got the green tick for entry. I'm a GCH.
My Mum will soon fly ABZ - BRS on BA ticket stock but is Silver rather than Gold. Will she be able to get lounge access at ABZ?
Old Jul 24, 2022, 5:03 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
My Mum will soon fly ABZ - BRS on BA ticket stock but is Silver rather than Gold. Will she be able to get lounge access at ABZ?
no
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:19 am

Programs: BA Blue, Qatar Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
the lounge agent was actually wrong in this instance. if you are on a BA codeshare, booked on a BA issued 125-... ticket, and a BA gold card holder, you should get access to the BA lounge.
Would a GCH in this instance be able to enter with a guest?
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Ryanfozzie
Would a GCH in this instance be able to enter with a guest?
the gold could enter, but there isn't any guesting in this scenario.

actually on second thoughts i may be wrong about this. i think you do get a guest but there seems to be contradictory information, some says yes but guest must be on the same flight, and in anther place it says yes but guest must be on a BA operated flight
Old Aug 3, 2022, 2:46 am

Just sought access to GLA Lounge as Silver on a BA (125-) ticketed LoganAir flight to SOU.

Lounge agent advised there is no access and showed a screenshot of instruction from duty manager, claiming that this is a regional rule, and due to capacity they can permit GCHs on that basis (as per screenshot) but not silver.

Lounge was very quiet too.

I’ve seen contradictory views up-thread (maybe I read them that way though), but easy to find clarity around access would be helpful by BA here. If this is truly a benefit of being a GCH then fair enough, that’s another reason for some to push on I guess.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 3:05 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
It is a GCH benefit.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 3:44 am

Yes I don’t see where you are seeing contradictory information in the thread on this.

When on a BA issued ticket on a BA codeshare and operated by a non oneworld carrier you on get access if you are a gold or GGL card holder. It is a specific benefit for that level of status only. It also only works at a BA lounge.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 3:54 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
A lot of us enjoy using BA codeshares on Loganair so some may be interested in the new BBC 10 part series on them and its operations and its focus on its young employees. Its called 'Sky High Club' and will be broadcast as follows:

Sky High Club will first air on BBC Scotland at 10pm at Monday (15 August) before being shown across the UK on BBC Three at 8pm on 18 August.

All 10 episodes will be available via BBC iPlayer from 15 August.
bisonrav and xarantine like this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 7:29 am

Programs: Avios
I was wondering if you had heard of any of you are having issues with this arrangement and getting nowhere is trying to rectify it

As a Silver card holder, flying via Heathrow every 3-4 days to Inverness, I took the chance to try the BHX to INV Loganair codeshare - I booked this via BA.com as flight BA4119 and proceeded away - Noting though that I couldn't get lounge access or fast track. You also have to check in via the Loganair weblink and their check in page displays your BA Exec Club number at the time so there is clearly some chatter between the two companies technically about your Frequent flyer Scheme.

However, what I have now spotted is this

- The flights appear 'My flights' on BA,com as an LM flight number on the bookings page but a BA number on the main front page. Under flown bookings they retain their LM Number.
- 2 flights have been done so far, no Tier points nor any Avios points or any qualifying flight allocation for the Codeshare flights. Also they do not appear as a 'Non qualifying flight' in past bookings on your Avios account page
- Nor do you get any Clan points from Loganair (I wouldn't expect both but thought if Avios were not awarded, then you might get your Clan points)
- The flights though do weirdly, appear in my BA On Business account albeit at a Nil rate or no points awarded

So I spoke to BA and Loganair

- Loganair say that as it is a BA flight number, it is nothing to do with them and the points awarded are down to what BA decide to offer
- BA say it is a Loganair flight and the codeshare arrangement, although valid, means that the routes don't qualify for any Avios / Tier points or Qualifying flight allowance for status.
Tickets were all 125- numbers but, you cant make a claim for missing Avios as the BA website will not accept the ticket numbers.

And trying to get either side to agree is impossible

Have you heard of anyone else having this problem as it stands, I paid BA prices to get no BA benefits and indeed lose any Loganair benefits eg Clan Points by not booking with them, which actually would have been cheaper!

Any thoughts? Ive headed back to commuting via Heathrow as no point paying for the Codeshare arrangement to be worse off !
Old Aug 24, 2022, 7:58 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
At the end of June I flew BA to INV via MAN (connecting to LM at MAN), and got both TP and Avios for both flights
but only 1 qualified towards quantity needed for status (presume LHR to MAN)
Old Aug 24, 2022, 8:04 am

Was there a delay in them appearing in your accounts? Ive emailed both companies the same email to try and get an answer - it 'feels' like their systems aren't talking to each other very well - Unless you only get awarded if you have a connecting BA flight, which if that is the case feels like very sharp practice.....
Old Aug 24, 2022, 8:05 am

You definitively should get TPs and avios if you make a cash booking under the BA codeshare on an LM flight that principle follows for BA codeshares on any airline. I am afraid the person you contacted has got that wrong. You can try claiming again for missing points, but if you are getting nowhere on that route you can PM our helpful BA person BAMissingAvios on here who will process your claim.

I don't think there is any chance of getting clan points, usually you can only get points on one frequent flyer program at a time for a flight.

In terms of any other benefits (lounge, fast track, seats, bags) then yes unfortunately there are none in this case.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 8:07 am

Absolutely wouldn't expect both Clan and Avios, my theory was if one wasnt awarded and their systems are 'in a muddle' then Clan points might have appeared instead - still strange the flights have appeared on my BA On Business account though
Old Aug 24, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Originally Posted by Mike Burns
Was there a delay in them appearing in your accounts? Ive emailed both companies the same email to try and get an answer - it 'feels' like their systems aren't talking to each other very well - Unless you only get awarded if you have a connecting BA flight, which if that is the case feels like very sharp practice.....
nope
Did worry as like you the BA flight number wasn't used by LM.. but in the end no problem

However I do still await my BAH double TPs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.