Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA1307 ABZ-LHR A321NEO 31JAN22 go around and [very nearly a] tail strike

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA1307 ABZ-LHR A321NEO 31JAN22 go around and [very nearly a] tail strike

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2022, 12:05 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (GGL, GFL)
I’ve heard that G-NEOP has in fact been withdrawn from service following its return from GVA on 31/1, for additional checks to be carried out. Can one of our BA insiders confirm?
Old Feb 2, 2022, 3:45 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Waterhorse
The A321 NEO has an electronic tail bumper to prevent tail scrapes
Just curious, does the A321 NEO tech actually detect and alert a tail scrape ? Or are we still reliant on someone seeing/hearing it ?
Old Feb 2, 2022, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
I am surprised that we haven't had an esteemed FT member put their hand up and admit to being on the lumpy landing flight from ABZ... There's a pretty good hit rate rate of someone being on a flight that is called out on the BA board as being 'special'...

Perhaps they haven't put their hand up yet cos they're still in a state of shock?
squawk likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by aoyamaguy
I’ve heard that G-NEOP has in fact been withdrawn from service following its return from GVA on 31/1, for additional checks to be carried out. Can one of our BA insiders confirm?
I know that it's far from definitive, but according to FR24, the aircraft is planned to operate a rotation to DME tomorrow (3 Feb). This is relatively new and has appeared on FR24 in the last couple of hours. I wonder whether that is consistent with the aircraft having actually been "grounded".
Old Feb 2, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by flybymonkey
That is Jerry Dyer his YouTube channel Big Jet TV is his main business where he flies around the world and films planes. He is an absolute legend and if you ever get to meet him you can get chatting for ages as he really knows his stuff and is highly into aviation.

The video is now on the BBC news website and they have stipped some of the naration.
Storm Corrie: Plane struggles to land in strong winds - BBC News
Although he refuses to apologise for his racist video currently circulating the web, it is a total shame that most people would rather continue supporting him that condoning him for his outdated views and humour despite video evidence out there on SM.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by plunet

Perhaps they haven't put their hand up yet cos they're still in a state of shock waiting for their laundry to be returned from the cleaners
Fixed that for you free of charge!
plunet likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 12:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by OneworldHarj
Although he refuses to apologise for his racist video currently circulating the web, it is a total shame that most people would rather continue supporting him that condoning him for his outdated views and humour despite video evidence out there on SM.
link?
Old Feb 2, 2022, 1:41 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by exeu2017
link?
It can be found through Google - I won't post the video because I think it's wildly OT, as is this line of discussion really.

M
Old Feb 2, 2022, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by OneworldHarj
Yes I do and this coming from a person of an ethnic minority (those on the forum who have met me can testify to this). There is a troll behind the hate campaign behind him and his channel. Interestingly they never show their faces, and you will find many of the accounts associated with the troll are all fake.
SxMan likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 9:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
I also assume that if this had actually been a tail strike it would have its own entry on avherald.com by now. But I can’t see one there…
Old Feb 2, 2022, 11:46 pm

NEOP is going to DME today.
yellow_peril likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 3:14 am

Programs: BAEC GFL (Only took 30 years)
Originally Posted by alex67500
The airflow under the body of the aircraft will still bring lift, but that last picture does look like there may have been contact. I'm pretty sure it would have sounded an alarm and the crew would have had a visual inspection after that bumpy go-around.
Many years ago, before 9/11 I did a flight deck landing at LHR on a 767. At the end of it I was given a print out of the landing parameters which included the minimum distance from the ground for the back end during the landing. I'm guessing that in the flight data somewhere they'd have the answer before even leaving the flight deck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.