Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Email on BA’s future direction from Sean Doyle

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Email on BA’s future direction from Sean Doyle

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
We have all been customers of other Companies that have very complex products, and which need excellent IT to deal with all the complexities, where, eventually you have to call to try to fix the issues..
We have also been customers of other companies with simpler products and simpler IT.

I can't think of any that have been continuously excellent.

However, BA has made it far, far, worse than it needs to have been. How long will it take to fix the IT and call centres? They both need investment. If it doesn't get better over the next 3 months, then all this talk of being a Premium airline is just talk.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
Glad this is staying. The lounges feel quieter because it doesn't have half the people inside out of their seats running around looking for food and drinks. The oasis of calm has arrived and is here to stay
*Much* less choice though of both food and beverage.
Mordac likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by camdentown
*Much* less choice though of both food and beverage.
You think? I was in the F lounge on Tuesday and there were loads of options available... including the afternoon tea of champions

I thought there was plenty to scroll through, choice wise!
Old Feb 4, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
You think? I was in the F lounge on Tuesday and there were loads of options available... including the afternoon tea of champions

I thought there was plenty to scroll through, choice wise!
That looks nice. I wonder if the number of options has increased since my last visit to the F lounge in October?
I missed the salad selection in particular.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 5:02 pm

If Mr Doyle is really going to improve things , and to be fair ,important issues have already been mentioned so far but please , can he look at Club Europe on short to medium haul services?
To offer economy class seats with low quality meals in European J is really not consistent with the BA of decades ago!
The usual rationalization is that other airlines offer up a lousy "club europe" equivalent anyway so BA is not worse than any of its competitors.
And that is so in many cases but not so much in the longer distance routes eg Icelandair LHR-KEF, -IST on Turkish,-CAI om Egyptair !
I feel embarrassed when travelling in J from the USA to LHR on BA then connecting onto a european destination in the standard club europe (ie Y seat) configuration and catering .
A minor issue but why is it called "Club Europe" when the flight is to Marrakesh - shouldn't it be "club africa" or "club asia to IST?
Maybe a good initial improvement would be to upgrade the soft and hard offering once the flight time exceeded 3 hours or the service extended into Africa or Asia!
What do you think?
I am just hoping that the good name BA used to have returns and maybe this is the start of the process!
skipness1E likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Yes, in addition to the regular menu.
The cow based burger never returned to the F lounge since the COVID enhancements.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 3:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by layz
The cow based burger never returned to the F lounge since the COVID enhancements.
Has a plant based one?
Old Feb 6, 2022, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Has a plant based one?
The recent HfP article said that the vegan burgers would be rolled out in the LHR lounges first but they were unsure whether they'd replace the meat based options (but there's no burgers at all except in CCR currently). You mention these will be an addition not a replacement, so what I'm trying to understand is whether the new plant based burgers are coming to all the lounges, or just the CCR where there's a burger on the menu.

I tried a beyond burger a while back and although it was surprisingly good it's still not quite the same. I have also found the Flounge menu selection disappointing since COVID.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 5:33 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by ozflier
If Mr Doyle is really going to improve things , and to be fair ,important issues have already been mentioned so far but please , can he look at Club Europe on short to medium haul services?
To offer economy class seats with low quality meals in European J is really not consistent with the BA of decades ago!
The usual rationalization is that other airlines offer up a lousy "club europe" equivalent anyway so BA is not worse than any of its competitors.
And that is so in many cases but not so much in the longer distance routes eg Icelandair LHR-KEF, -IST on Turkish,-CAI om Egyptair !
I feel embarrassed when travelling in J from the USA to LHR on BA then connecting onto a european destination in the standard club europe (ie Y seat) configuration and catering .
A minor issue but why is it called "Club Europe" when the flight is to Marrakesh - shouldn't it be "club africa" or "club asia to IST?
Maybe a good initial improvement would be to upgrade the soft and hard offering once the flight time exceeded 3 hours or the service extended into Africa or Asia!
What do you think?
I am just hoping that the good name BA used to have returns and maybe this is the start of the process!
add do that the LCC concept in Y to AMM, CAI and DME. That was a step too far as I will never fly BA to these destinations with such a product.
ozflier and psollitt like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.