Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concorde Room double entry?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2022, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Concorde Room double entry?

Forgive me, but I don't see a flame-free thread for newbie questions. I've never been in the Concorde room and am very excited to get to try it next month. Originally flying CDG>LHR>DFW, & departing CDG at 7am, that flight was cancelled and I was rebooked on the noon flight that gave me a 10 minute connection time in T5. Lacking the nerve to attempt that itinerary, I rebooked the CDG>LHR leg to the day prior, so I now have a 24 hour +10 minute layover. Is it possible to arrive at LHR, enter the CCR for lunch with my next-day boarding pass, exit to an airport hotel, then use the CCR again the next day prior to departure?
Old Jan 29, 2022, 3:44 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Unfortunately I don't believe flight connections will allow you airside unless you have same day BP for a connection.

So you will be stuck landside when you arrive into lhr. On the plus side you could now have loads of time in the ccr then, the next day.

Enjoy the CCR!
Old Jan 29, 2022, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by MsEllie
Forgive me, but I don't see a flame-free thread for newbie questions. I've never been in the Concorde room and am very excited to get to try it next month. Originally flying CDG>LHR>DFW, & departing CDG at 7am, that flight was cancelled and I was rebooked on the noon flight that gave me a 10 minute connection time in T5. Lacking the nerve to attempt that itinerary, I rebooked the CDG>LHR leg to the day prior, so I now have a 24 hour +10 minute layover. Is it possible to arrive at LHR, enter the CCR for lunch with my next-day boarding pass, exit to an airport hotel, then use the CCR again the next day prior to departure?

Hi

Sorry but you will not be able to pass through flight connections with a next day boarding pass.

Regards
tbs
MsEllie likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 3:59 pm

Programs: BA GGL
It's not so bad though: the next day you can select your personal preference of arrival time into the CCR and make the most of it for three hours or thereabouts. No rushing, no stress. Best result really.

What you're asking about is sort-of plausible in other scenarios: i.e. landing, say, from USA into UK on a First flight and connecting onward on a business (not First) flight departing from LHR T5, thus permitting use of CCR for that connection.

But it has to be same day, that's the rule, hence why you fall foul of it here. So just land, head to whichever hotel (Sofitel?) and look forward to your next day.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Double entry, sorry
momoflyingguy likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 9:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Sadly you can’t enter on arrival from CDG but you can arrive as early as 5am on he day of departure. If you have a flight at noon whilst the CCR is nice I wouldn’t say it’s 7hrs nice, others would disagree but if you arrived at 8am or 9am you’d enjoy a very leisurely breakfast, and enjoy a few drinks /cocktails.

if you do go mega early they have sleep pods that you can nap in.

Hope you enjoy the Concorde Room and your flight in First.
MsEllie and RJD1983 like this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 12:05 am

If going mega early you may want to check ahead that the First Wing (with its security) is open at that time in the morning. My last experience (admittedly not recently) was that it opened sometime after 6am. Someone in the know will be able to clarify FW opening times for optimal CCR entry and enjoyment!
MsEllie likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 9:00 am

Is there an official time limit on how long you are allowed to spend in the CCR?

Even if not, can one stay sane after staying, say, 3 hours? I personally don't think i would want to be there for more than 3-4 hours... unless i really had nothing to do in London...
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 9:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by momoflyingguy
Is there an official time limit on how long you are allowed to spend in the CCR?

Even if not, can one stay sane after staying, say, 3 hours? I personally don't think i would want to be there for more than 3-4 hours... unless i really had nothing to do in London...

No there’s no limit. Don’t forget you can visit Galleries First. , Galleries Club North and South and Galleries T5B if you wanted to mix it up.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 10:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Friend of mine was recently on her way to NY and had about 5 hours in the CCR because she timed her arrival according to the meetings she had to do before departure, making sure she could find a good desk and get a glass of bubbly in before starting her work calls! Now that's my idea of remote working
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc

No, and no.

You can arrive at 6am for an 11pm flight if you are crazy enough, but like you, i start going crazy after about 3 hours, especially in the post-cabana world. I've had a couple of 5-6 hour connections, and as much as i like the ccr and feel as much at ease there as i guess some people would in their weekly attended private members' club, it was punishing as being stuck anywhere for 5-6 hours, however golden the prison, is just not my conception of fun...
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:21 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I think if you have a lunchtime flight from LHR, two hours is about the maximum amount of time I'd be prepared to spend in any lounge. This allows for a proper sleep, an unrushed trip to the airport, a late breakfast/brunch in the CCR along with a few glasses of champagne, etc. Other than sitting, drinking, and eating, there is nothing else to do there!
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:22 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
I would add that for most (sane) people, 3 hours is plenty, especially now the cabanas have been officially retired. If you are traveling for work and have meetings to attend etc, then the lounge experience is I imagine somewhat different. Or if like many one hate airports and the plane is just a bus in the sky, then less time the better at the airport.

But if you are like me and love airports with the airport and flying experience being an essential part of your trip, then 3 hours is just not enough.

I could spend all day at Heathrow and many other airports and still enjoy it.

Each to their own i suppose.

Ps. I did like the cabanas, even if they were showing their age. Maybe a return is in the works...
Old Jan 31, 2022, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
I think if you have a lunchtime flight from LHR, two hours is about the maximum amount of time I'd be prepared to spend in any lounge. This allows for a proper sleep, an unrushed trip to the airport, a late breakfast/brunch in the CCR along with a few glasses of champagne, etc. Other than sitting, drinking, and eating, there is nothing else to do there!
When I frequented the area, I always took a shower. Are they still open in Covid?
Old Jan 31, 2022, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
When I frequented the area, I always took a shower. Are they still open in Covid?

Hi

The showers are open. In December I did have to check availability online ( via the menu accessible with the qr code on the tables)

Regards

Tbs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.