Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concorde Room double entry?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2022, 1:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
also just to add that if in the GC or GF you do book the showers via the same QR code which you use to order food & drink - there is a separate tab on the menu to check availability & book.

for the ccr just go to the shower reception to book as there are not QR codes in that lounge.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 2:05 am

I would just switch between CCR and Galleries First if there's plenty of time to kill...
Old Sep 4, 2022, 2:00 pm

Hello
Does Cabana reopen ? Can we book them with with “you first”?

Flying Jfk-Lhr-Cdg.
can I use the first wing in Lhr only on the basis that I flew F on the same day ?
(I want to try the first wing instead than connection)
Old Sep 4, 2022, 3:13 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by CGRA
Hello
Does Cabana reopen ? Can we book them with with “you first”?

Flying Jfk-Lhr-Cdg.
can I use the first wing in Lhr only on the basis that I flew F on the same day ?
(I want to try the first wing instead than connection)
That's a good question. I use the CCR whenever I travel through LHR but I've not used a Cabana for several years. I don't know the answer to that one. If you don't receive a definitive answer on here I suggest you just ask Your First and they will advise you.

The rules for the First Wing as the same as the rules for the First Lounge so if you arrived overnight from JFK with a First ticket you will be able to use the First Wing for your same day flight to CDG. Just remember to allow plenty of time to meet conformance deadline if you go land side.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 3:43 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The Cabanas remain closed, and can't be booked.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The Cabanas remain closed, and can't be booked.
Thank you, what about if I offer to wear a mask in the cabana ?
Old Sep 5, 2022, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
That's a good question. I use the CCR whenever I travel through LHR but I've not used a Cabana for several years. I don't know the answer to that one. If you don't receive a definitive answer on here I suggest you just ask Your First and they will advise you.

The rules for the First Wing as the same as the rules for the First Lounge so if you arrived overnight from JFK with a First ticket you will be able to use the First Wing for your same day flight to CDG. Just remember to allow plenty of time to meet conformance deadline if you go land side.
Thank you very much
Stupid question : do we still have IMPORTANT conformance deadline ?
Sorry to ask I have not travel via LHR for years (I should say have not travel via anything / anywhere for years )
Old Sep 5, 2022, 2:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Thank you very much
Stupid question : do we still have IMPORTANT conformance deadline ?
Sorry to ask I have not travel via LHR for years (I should say have not travel via anything / anywhere for years )
t5 still has conformance, yes. you must be scanned at the barrier to security at least 35 minutes before departure time
Old Sep 5, 2022, 3:07 am

There is more to the airport than just the CCR, so ignore those who tell you two or three hours is enough!

It’s your first visit and if I were you I’d make the most of it. Go early, have something to eat and drink as appropriate. Go to look at the shops and buy a Hermes tie and a bottle of some aftershave. Visit the J and F lounges and compare the wines on offer (you don’t have to drink a whole glass but risk a sharp eyed FTer noting someone taking a sip from a dozen wines and leaving a nearly full glass, hence starting a long thread about behaviour). Take time to explore the T5 tunnels and visit the B terminal J lounge to decide if the popular view of it is right.

Go back to the CCR, shower and eat again, drinking full glasses this time. Lounge around for some time before reluctantly trudging off to your gate to enjoy your flight.

You’ll have a great day!

PS. If you’ve not been on them throw in a trip on the PODs to the car park and back; it’s free and fun.
oxfordjames likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 3:22 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thank you, what about if I offer to wear a mask in the cabana ?
It's the soft furnishings - and keeping them disinfected between customers that's the issue, and yes I think I am aware of the core facts of viral spread. Not going to happen. There are sleep pods in the old Board Room, and no mask is needed there.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It's the soft furnishings - and keeping them disinfected between customers that's the issue, and yes I think I am aware of the core facts of viral spread. Not going to happen. There are sleep pods in the old Board Room, and no mask is needed there.
Reply from you first
I am very sorry but the cabanas are currently closed and not scheduled to reopen anytime soon.

So the old board room was the one with the concorde seats that they removed to put sleeping pods
Old Sep 5, 2022, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by Greenpen
There is more to the airport than just the CCR, so ignore those who tell you two or three hours is enough!

It’s your first visit and if I were you I’d make the most of it. Go early, have something to eat and drink as appropriate. Go to look at the shops and buy a Hermes tie and a bottle of some aftershave. Visit the J and F lounges and compare the wines on offer (you don’t have to drink a whole glass but risk a sharp eyed FTer noting someone taking a sip from a dozen wines and leaving a nearly full glass, hence starting a long thread about behaviour). Take time to explore the T5 tunnels and visit the B terminal J lounge to decide if the popular view of it is right.

Go back to the CCR, shower and eat again, drinking full glasses this time. Lounge around for some time before reluctantly trudging off to your gate to enjoy your flight.

You’ll have a great day!

PS. If you’ve not been on them throw in a trip on the PODs to the car park and back; it’s free and fun.
Seems fun
I won't have all this time
To buy a Hermes Tie... I'll need a loan
Old Sep 5, 2022, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
t5 still has conformance, yes. you must be scanned at the barrier to security at least 35 minutes before departure time
Thank you for the info. We'll see if the inbond flight is not too much delayed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.