Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Claiming missing TPs for Alaska Airlines flights

Claiming missing TPs for Alaska Airlines flights

Old Sep 8, 22, 4:16 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Pilot37 View Post
I would strongly suggest an e-mail with flight details (Flight Number / Date / Route / Booking Ref / Class of Travel) and pictures of your boarding cards (if possible) to the xxxx before bothering BAMissingAvios. Myself and my OH separately sent all the details to the e-mail address I mentioned in this post and our flights were credited within 1 week without any further chasing, so that should be the first port of call to get AS flights posted.
So that's [email protected]

Yes I very much want to highlight that there is no point having an escalation route if the easy routes aren't used first. In addition to this route, and particularly if it's a single / simple trip, call BAEC with your flight PNR (bookinng reference), ticket number (will begin 125 if booked with BA) and seat number, and then agents can push it through fairly quickly They will say "wait 2 weeks" but usually it is faster. Another easy approach is to use the Chat button when logged into your BAEC account and in the Help and Contacts area.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Sep 8, 22 at 10:31 am
Old Sep 8, 22, 9:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
+1 to Pilot37 and corporate-wage-slave. The email route ([email protected]) has worked for me 3 times this year when an AS flight was not credited. Its quick and efficient.

Last edited by CorpFlyer; Sep 8, 22 at 11:07 am
Old Sep 8, 22, 9:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Pilot37 View Post
I would strongly suggest an e-mail with flight details (Flight Number / Date / Route / Booking Ref / Class of Travel) and pictures of your boarding cards (if possible) to the [email protected] before bothering BAMissingAvios. Myself and my OH separately sent all the details to the e-mail address I mentioned in this post and our flights were credited within 1 week without any further chasing, so that should be the first port of call to get AS flights posted.

Pilot37
Originally Posted by CorpFlyer View Post
+1 to Pilot37 and corporate-wage-slave. The email route ([email protected]) has worked for me 3 times this year when an AS flight was not credited. Its quick and efficient.
Anyone using this option would be advised to spell the word documents correctly in the email address.
Old Sep 8, 22, 10:11 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Gold
After my last batch of AS flights failed to credit I actually opened a case with AS and asked that it be escalated to their IT team to see if they could work with BA to find out why flights don't credit. I have no idea what the back end system integration is - but hopefully it can be fixed. I did get a reply earlier this week to say it had been escalated as per my request, so only time will tell whether it's had any effect or not.

I find using the webform and / or the [email protected] route works well. Unfortunately most times I have to use it BA still misses a flight or two, or there's some other error that needs further follow-up. The whole process is eminently frustrating but it's all we have right now.
Old Sep 11, 22, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
I'm now 10 days since my first AS flight (140TP) and no credit made. Rang Gold line and was told to fill the form in online and they wouldn't do it over the phone. So will do form and email and see what happens!

I've got another 3 flights to claim for worth another 120TP, all of which I suspect will have a similar outcome.
Old Sep 22, 22, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
Submitted online form with picture of my Alaska airlines boarding pass 2 days ago. Received email reply and TP/avios both posted today! Surprised by BA's efficiency.
Old Sep 22, 22, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by Melodsal View Post
Submitted online form with picture of my Alaska airlines boarding pass 2 days ago. Received email reply and TP/avios both posted today! Surprised by BA's efficiency.
I submitted my documents 11 days ago and have heard nothing. Wondering whether to resubmit or try the email route. Deeply annoying as I need the credits to get my Gold renewed.
Old Sep 22, 22, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Any chance you can link to the form? I dont see Alaska in the drop down menu.

I have generally gone the email route which is fairly slow
Old Sep 22, 22, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
Try this: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_us
CorpFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 22, 22, 4:41 pm

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by golfmad View Post
Anyone using this option would be advised to spell the word documents correctly in the email address.
- was typed quickly on my iPhone and I noted the mistake after posting (which I think I have now corrected) - apologises to all concerned 😳

Pilot37
Old Sep 23, 22, 3:05 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Melodsal View Post
Sadly this has not been my experience. Called them about the missing AS TPs on 13th Sept. Received an email asking for more info on 15th Sept - uploaded all the e-tickets and boarding passes. As of today, no TPs awarded.
Old Sep 23, 22, 3:50 am

I've both emailed and also submitted request via chatbot. They asked for flight numbers as well as PNR / Ticket details and have said it will be resolved within 30 working days. I've kept a copy of the transcript just in case.

In the event it doesn't credit by 31 Dec, is BAEC likely to be amenable to gold extension if I can show that the only reason I've not qualified is that they've not credited flights taken to my account that would have hit the TP total and show the proof of my trying to get them to do this?
Old Sep 23, 22, 3:51 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by jimlad48 View Post
In the event it doesn't credit by 31 Dec, is BAEC likely to be amenable to gold extension if I can show that the only reason I've not qualified is that they've not credited flights taken to my account that would have hit the TP total and show the proof of my trying to get them to do this?
The crediting of late TPs and Avios is always backdated to the time of travel, so apart from the timing you shouldn't lose out. But recent reports in this area suggest that TP updates are being done in a week or so.
jimlad48 likes this.
Old Sep 27, 22, 4:49 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I rang BAEC on 13/9/22 and gave them all my eticket numbers and flight numbers etc. I then received an email on 15/9/22 asking me to upload the etickets and boarding passes to a particular part of the BA website, which I did on the same day. I still have not been credited as of 27/9/22. Meanwhile, my girlfriend called last week (23/9/22) about the exact same flights and has been credited with the AS-related Avios and TPs today! Can anyone advise how I should escalate my issue? It seems ridiculous that they haven't managed to credit me after two weeks.
Old Sep 27, 22, 6:32 am

Programs: DL Plat, BA Silver, UA Gold (1mm),Marriott Plat, AVIS PC, National ExecElite
Why can’t BA or AS just fix this? This shows either 1) total IT incompetence or 2) they just don’t care.
Radiation Station likes this.

Search this Thread