FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Claiming missing TPs for Alaska Airlines flights (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2066740-claiming-missing-tps-alaska-airlines-flights.html)

UrbanLegend Apr 22, 2022 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by CorpFlyer (Post 34187921)
Quick update - Requested the missing TPs using [email protected] on April 8th and TPs posted today April 22. I included itinerary, receipt, and screenshot of mobile boarding pass.

Nice. Did you email ec.documents exclusively or did you message bamissingavios first?

In the past I found ec.documents never responded to me.

I need to chase. Out of 4 recent AS segments one posted within 2 days and the rest seem to have gone into the AS-BA black hole.

CorpFlyer Apr 22, 2022 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by UrbanLegend (Post 34188291)
Nice. Did you email ec.documents exclusively or did you message bamissingavios first?

In the past I found ec.documents never responded to me.

I need to chase. Out of 4 recent AS segments one posted within 2 days and the rest seem to have gone into the AS-BA black hole.

I emailed ec.documents exclusively - I havent hit the post threshold to DM folks yet :)

thedreamflyer Apr 29, 2022 3:52 am

I had several flights on BA, AA and AS beginning of February. BA and AA flights posted more or less immediately. AS flights still nowhere to be seen. Tried to fax the claim form to BA, and sent a request to customer service end of February, and nothing has happened yet. Reached out to BAMissingAvios a week ago with no response as of yet. It is concerning enough that there's such a poor integration of AS, but what seems to be more concerning is the lack of willigness on the part of BA to resolve the situation. As it stands, I have already missed three months of Silver membership as these flights would have taken me above the threshold. The consequence for BA? I keep on doing all my short-haul Economy flights with *A due to my status there, despite BA often being the more convenient option.

Update 6 May 2022: These flights have finally posted, 3 months after. At the end, it was BAMissingAvios that came to the rescue. Thank you so much for being here in this community.

markmit1908 May 16, 2022 6:45 am

Boarding Passes

Hello, To extend the question: the Fax also requires copies of the boarding passes. I had electronic boarding passes in the Apple Wallet on my phone. Not sure how to send these.

BAMissingAvios - Please could you also DM me. I am a new user.

Mark

InspoAdam Jun 4, 2022 5:48 pm

Missing claim, making 5 posts so can send DM.

Please ignore, sorry for spam.

Timesroman Jun 11, 2022 6:45 am

Advice please. I am a 'leisure' traveller that is grateful for the status BAEC silver brings. Keeping status has been challenging during Covid (managed 2020 and 2021, but in the event not required!), and really challenging in 2022. Two Alaskan PNRs (from Dec and Mar 2021) have yet to credit for tier points and avios and I have followed up, but with little success/response. However, I am also concerned that I do not unnecessarily waste the BA team's time, as they are more challenged than I. So, advice please on whether I 'sit tight' (as all will come in due time), or follow-up again (and if so, which route). The 2 PNRs have reached differing stages, although both started via BAMisiingAvios :
  • Flight Dec 2021 (return flight credited, but outward not) : still with BAMissing Avios; response eventually received on 4 May 22, indicating I should wait 28 busines days before checking account; no movement yet.
  • Flights Mar 2022 : commenced with BAMissingAvios; received case ID on 20 Apr 22, with request for 'booked class' and copy 'boarding passes'; documents submitted on 'ecsupportingdocs' on 25 Apr 22; requested confirm at end May that case still in the work, but no response or account movement yet
As mentioned above, my concern is as much to avoid wasting everyone's time on a minor issue to BAEC, although significant to me for status. Thanks in advance for any steer.

Markie Jun 11, 2022 10:47 am

Originally Posted by markmit1908 (Post 34253777)
Hello, To extend the question: the Fax also requires copies of the boarding passes. I had electronic boarding passes in the Apple Wallet on my phone. Not sure how to send these.

BAMissingAvios - Please could you also DM me. I am a new user.

Mark

Screen grabs of the passes should be enough.

flashware Jun 21, 2022 11:05 am

I've had no luck with the call centre who only manually credited the missing BA flight(s) and not the AS ones, no response in nearly a week from @BAMissingAvios also so have tried submitting boarding passes via the Supporting Docs link provided on the first page of posts on this thread. Oddly all of my wife's AS flights posted.

SpammersAreScum Jun 21, 2022 2:18 pm

I finally got through to a chat agent today. In the process of providing her information, I took a look at "My recent transactions" for the first time and realized the second segment had in fact posted within a few days, but the first is still missing. Since the segments are 140 and 10 TPs, the latter was too small for me to notice the uptick in my balance, and the former is the crucial one for status.

flashware Jun 21, 2022 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum (Post 34356714)
I finally got through to a chat agent today. In the process of providing her information, I took a look at "My recent transactions" for the first time and realized the second segment had in fact posted within a few days, but the first is still missing. Since the segments are 140 and 10 TPs, the latter was too small for me to notice the uptick in my balance, and the former is the crucial one for status.

I've submitted copies of the BP's online so will continue to wait, will try the chat option too.

SpammersAreScum Jun 22, 2022 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum (Post 34356714)

Originally Posted by flashware (Post 34357879)
I've submitted copies of the BP's online so will continue to wait, will try the chat option too.

In my experience, doing nothing but uploading the BP copies will get you nowhere; you need to also chat or PM. I just got a reply from BAMissingAvios who said they had no docs and asked me to email them to an address she provided.

flashware Jun 23, 2022 11:01 am

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum (Post 34360354)
In my experience, doing nothing but uploading the BP copies will get you nowhere; you need to also chat or PM. I just got a reply from BAMissingAvios who said they had no docs and asked me to email them to an address she provided.

I followed up with BAMissingAvios again, 2 flights were credit yesterday and then 1 flight credited today so all sorted now.

SpammersAreScum Jun 25, 2022 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum (Post 34360354)

Originally Posted by flashware (Post 34362531)
I followed up with BAMissingAvios again, 2 flights were credit yesterday and then 1 flight credited today so all sorted now.

Lucky you. I emailed the copies on Jun 22 as requested, and replied to her PM, but so far have seen no further developments. With my Year ending Jul 7, this is nerve-wracking.

corporate-wage-slave Jun 26, 2022 3:43 am

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum (Post 34369402)
Lucky you. I emailed the copies on Jun 22 as requested, and replied to her PM, but so far have seen no further developments. With my Year ending Jul 7, this is nerve-wracking.

It can be resolved after the year end date, post event claims are always backdated anyway, it's not a cliff edge. I suggest tthat waiting 4 days, 2 of which are weekends, may require a bit more patience.

SpammersAreScum Jun 27, 2022 11:30 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 34370121)
It can be resolved after the year end date, post event claims are always backdated anyway, it's not a cliff edge. I suggest tthat waiting 4 days, 2 of which are weekends, may require a bit more patience.

Of course. But being the paranoid and pessimistic sort, I worried about possible failure, in which case I'd need to make a TP run before the deadline.
And I don't think it was entirely unwarranted. All I had was BPs which listed both flights, plus a separate one which they gen'd in SEA so they could stamp for the international hop to YVR. Would they say, "Sorry, you don't have one for just TPA-SEA."?

In any case, it came through this morning and all is well.