FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Claiming missing TPs for Alaska Airlines flights (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2066740-claiming-missing-tps-alaska-airlines-flights.html)

AirbusA350 Mar 20, 2022 5:35 pm

From my own observations, AS flights that are ticketed on non-AS stock credit "normally" based on the usual timelines for that prescribe airline stock. AA stock appear to be crediting the very next day since the "big IAG Loyalty migration" in November 2021. So for a handful of AA stock (with AS prime flight number), AS operated flights, they arrived seamlessly the next day. The same was true for BA stock, AS operated flights which arrived in 2 days. However, AS stock never posted, thankfully, for me a quick call to the call centre, claim raised, and within 3 days I got it credited. :) Clearly, some teething issues still ongoing with AS plugging into to OW. Perhaps a combination of issues from BAEC's end also?

AirbusA350 Mar 20, 2022 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu (Post 34091012)
Debating whether to just credit this flight to AA to avoid the mess, but really would like to use this flight towards BA status...

Regards

Just use your BAEC if that's where you need them to be and either message BAMissingAvios, call BAEC or email on ec.documents. You will get them eventually, for me (see above), it was rather seamless and may also throw light to your questions too. :)

Re the leading zeroes, if it recognises any associated status if you have status that, then I suspect you'll be fine. Nonetheless, you'll still be able to retroclaim either way.

abraxias Mar 21, 2022 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Tack (Post 34082207)
I second that. She is a godsend. Helped with two AS flights from February.

Glad I read this thread, I'm missing 80 TP that I needed to hit silver and now my year has reset at Bronze. Getting fidgety that I can't book seats for all of my future bookings at the moment (and I've already missed out on silver benefits and tier bonus avios this year - hopefully this will be rectified).

FlightDetective Mar 21, 2022 8:48 am

Originally Posted by AirbusA350 (Post 34092339)
From my own observations, AS flights that are ticketed on non-AS stock credit "normally" based on the usual timelines for that prescribe airline stock. AA stock appear to be crediting the very next day since the "big IAG Loyalty migration" in November 2021. So for a handful of AA stock (with AS prime flight number), AS operated flights, they arrived seamlessly the next day. The same was true for BA stock, AS operated flights which arrived in 2 days. However, AS stock never posted, thankfully, for me a quick call to the call centre, claim raised, and within 3 days I got it credited. :) Clearly, some teething issues still ongoing with AS plugging into to OW. Perhaps a combination of issues from BAEC's end also?

Yes, that seems to be the case from what I can see too.

AS flight booked directly with AS - won't post.

AS flight booked in a BA ticket on a codeshare? Posts just fine.

scubadu Mar 23, 2022 6:32 am

Originally Posted by AirbusA350 (Post 34092346)
Just use your BAEC if that's where you need them to be and either message BAMissingAvios, call BAEC or email on ec.documents. You will get them eventually, for me (see above), it was rather seamless and may also throw light to your questions too. :)

Re the leading zeroes, if it recognises any associated status if you have status that, then I suspect you'll be fine. Nonetheless, you'll still be able to retroclaim either way.

Thanks for the insight. Not exactly confidence inspiring as I am on AS ticket stock, but I guess it is what it is. Hate having to chase things down after the fact but it should be worth it if I hit BAEC Gold this year :)

Regards

Seat 1K Mar 23, 2022 12:48 pm

We had only one of four sectors credited. BA then asked for original ticket. Quite painful.

AirbusA350 Mar 23, 2022 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Seat 1K (Post 34100453)
We had only one of four sectors credited. BA then asked for original ticket. Quite painful.

You should only be typically be asked for the e-ticket number as well as the booking reference/PNR. Nothing else.

SeattleToNowhere Mar 23, 2022 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by FlightDetective (Post 34093892)
Yes, that seems to be the case from what I can see too.

AS flight booked directly with AS - won't post.

AS flight booked in a BA ticket on a codeshare? Posts just fine.

Exact same for me. Multiple first class tickets on AS have not posted after 6-8 weeks. I tried their fax form - no help there either.

Sort of crazy that dm-ing on Flyertalk is the only path to resolution.

AirbusA350 Mar 23, 2022 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by SeattleToNowhere (Post 34100906)
Exact same for me. Multiple first class tickets on AS have not posted after 6-8 weeks. I tried their fax form - no help there either.

Sort of crazy that dm-ing on Flyertalk is the only path to resolution.

Not the "only path", in fact there are multiple paths of which DM to BAMissingAvios is one. IMO the best is calling BA and requesting it.

scubadu Apr 8, 2022 7:59 am

Originally Posted by AirbusA350 (Post 34092346)

Originally Posted by scubadu (Post 34099421)
Thanks for the insight. Not exactly confidence inspiring as I am on AS ticket stock, but I guess it is what it is. Hate having to chase things down after the fact but it should be worth it if I hit BAEC Gold this year :)

Regards

Just wanted to report back and share my experience. So to recap:
  • Tickets booked solely on AS stock (in fact paid for with AS gift cards)
  • Outbound flight on March 23rd. This flight has not posted to my BAEC account
  • Return flight originally scheduled for March 29th but had to change our return to April 2nd due to a family emergency
  • Return trip on April 2nd, successfully (and correctly) posted to my BAEC account on April 6th (a mere 4 days!) without any intervention.
So apparently, AS flights can in fact post correctly, but have no idea why one posted and the other one did not. Also, I find it particularly funny that the return flight was a change from our original itinerary and yet posted quickly and correctly.

Regards

CorpFlyer Apr 8, 2022 11:54 am

Originally Posted by scubadu (Post 34147928)
Just wanted to report back and share my experience. So to recap:
  • Tickets booked solely on AS stock (in fact paid for with AS gift cards)
  • Outbound flight on March 23rd. This flight has not posted to my BAEC account
  • Return flight originally scheduled for March 29th but had to change our return to April 2nd due to a family emergency
  • Return trip on April 2nd, successfully (and correctly) posted to my BAEC account on April 6th (a mere 4 days!) without any intervention.
So apparently, AS flights can in fact post correctly, but have no idea why one posted and the other one did not. Also, I find it particularly funny that the return flight was a change from our original itinerary and yet posted quickly and correctly.

Regards

Had a similar experience

Flights booked with AS gift cards from Costco on only AS stock
Outbound flight March 18th - has not been credited (in the process of following up on this one)
Changed flight time for inbound flight on March 26th - this one posted correctly on March 30th.

Wondering if this means I should change my flight time more often :)

drg87 Apr 14, 2022 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Tack (Post 34082207)
I second that. She is a godsend. Helped with two AS flights from February.

I would third that. Had a RT from San Jose to Hawaii in November. Outbound showed up, return did not. Was going to let it go (70 TP) but came across this thread. e-mailed BAMissingAvios with details (but no documents). Got a reply next day with request to send supporting documents to ec address. Replied to BAMissingAvios to say that I would send documents.

Next day got e-mail from Sarah (BAMissingAvios) to say that no documents had come in and could I resend, but add "Attn Sarah" to the subject. Did that and the next day the TP were credited.

Also, since I did all the boarding passes on-line I had no ticket number. Alaska just gave me the confirmation but no ticket number. And of course once you land you have no more mobile boarding pass. I sent in the original ticket confirmation e-mail and the baggage receipt from the return leg.

Impressed with the response from BAMissingAvios and of course this amazing community which has so much useful info.

UrbanLegend Apr 15, 2022 8:12 am

I had 4 AS flights that didn’t credit around the time of the IT upgrade back in late November / early December.

My Xmas AS flights did post automatically and was hopeful this issue had been sorted out.

Unfortunately looking at this thread it looks still broken. My most recent AS flights late March still haven’t posted.

It’s been over a year since Alaska joined OneWorld and basic integration still doesn’t work with BA. Is it AS? Is it BA? :confused:

Thanks again to BAMissingAvios for processing all our requests.

AirbusA350 Apr 15, 2022 8:47 am

Originally Posted by UrbanLegend (Post 34167287)
It’s been over a year since Alaska joined OneWorld and basic integration still doesn’t work with BA. Is it AS? Is it BA? :confused:

Probably a mixture of both but actually in this instance I'd square more of the blame towards AS, they still haven't sorted out allowing redemptions across all OW airlines for their own members yet and their ground staff are still not well versed with OW policies, particularly relating to lounge access! So definitely makes me think their OW integration and launch was botched quite a bit.

CorpFlyer Apr 22, 2022 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by CorpFlyer (Post 34148746)
Had a similar experience

Flights booked with AS gift cards from Costco on only AS stock
Outbound flight March 18th - has not been credited (in the process of following up on this one)
Changed flight time for inbound flight on March 26th - this one posted correctly on March 30th.

Wondering if this means I should change my flight time more often :)

Quick update - Requested the missing TPs using [email protected] on April 8th and TPs posted today April 22. I included itinerary, receipt, and screenshot of mobile boarding pass.