Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Claiming missing TPs for Alaska Airlines flights

Claiming missing TPs for Alaska Airlines flights

Old Mar 4, 22, 10:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by Magnus77 View Post
Sounds more like a fob off to me
Sounds like a realistic answer from a member of the team who does not have a date as to when it will be fixed to pass on to me.
Geordie405 and AirbusA350 like this.
Old Mar 5, 22, 5:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ghsbass0406 View Post
Flew AS flights Jan. 23-25. Messaged BAMissingAvios on Feb. 9 and my 640 TP and avios were posted today!!! The information I provided BAMissingAvios was my Alaska Airlines confirmation number, ticket number, flight numbers, letter class flown, and flight dates and times. What a mess waiting so long but so happy they posted.

Ironically I flew AA and they posted the very next day with BA. Go figure.
BAMissingAvios deserves some kind of customer service award. Got my missing TP and miles from Iberia added to my account within 24 hours.
Tack, dougzz and CaliWesties like this.
Old Mar 5, 22, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by Camflyer View Post
BAMissingAvios deserves some kind of customer service award. Got my missing TP and miles from Iberia added to my account within 24 hours.
I wish I could report similar success. I was told no luck unless I could produce full itinerary, original ticket receipt, and a copy of my boarding pass. I clearly indicated my BAEC number when I booked the AS ticket, so BA/AS bear responsibility for the missing Avios.
Old Mar 5, 22, 6:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia View Post
I wish I could report similar success. I was told no luck unless I could produce full itinerary, original ticket receipt, and a copy of my boarding pass. I clearly indicated my BAEC number when I booked the AS ticket, so BA/AS bear responsibility for the missing Avios.
I have produced this twice and still BA are dithering around. No excuse for these delays.
Old Mar 10, 22, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Nicksta View Post
I have a decent suspicion that following the 28 days, nothing will have happened and it will require starting over, so let us know what happens next for you.
5 weeks in still no further forward other than more wasted time on the phone. Have emailed the executive club on the contact us email trail they send with your case number a week a go nothing from them in reply. Am losing the will to live.
Old Mar 12, 22, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Magnus77 View Post
5 weeks in still no further forward other than more wasted time on the phone. Have emailed the executive club on the contact us email trail they send with your case number a week a go nothing from them in reply. Am losing the will to live.
Made a claim to BAMissingAvios on 1 February, was told it can take up to 28 days. Nothing. No reply to a follow up. I have travel booked next week and will not make it to Silver if TP do not credit by then. Bye bye lounge, and no luggage allowance. And for my transatlantic in April all good seats in CW are gone by now. Thank you BA. They really need to sort out this mess with AS.
Old Mar 13, 22, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by skay86 View Post
Made a claim to BAMissingAvios on 1 February, was told it can take up to 28 days. Nothing. No reply to a follow up. I have travel booked next week and will not make it to Silver if TP do not credit by then. Bye bye lounge, and no luggage allowance. And for my transatlantic in April all good seats in CW are gone by now. Thank you BA. They really need to sort out this mess with AS.
Happy to report that the team at BAMissingAvios got back to me today after my honestly quite desperate follow-up message. Flights have finally credited and I will be able to use silver benefits for my upcoming travel. Yay!

It took almost 1.5 months from my initial claim, but they do deserve some customer service award after all. I just hope EC will soon fix the general issue with AS flights not crediting...
stephenjc likes this.
Old Mar 14, 22, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by skay86 View Post
Mine is a similar story if mine dont credit soon I wont reach gold before I fly to AUS and now they have swapped to T3 I wont be able to use the first lounge ls at T3 so yes there is knock on consequences for passengers. Mine is 37 days since the flight and 28 days since I first claimed my missing miles. I also have missing AA points from the same trip as well. Neither have credited correctly
Old Mar 16, 22, 9:46 am

Programs: BA, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite, Hertz 5*
Flew Alaska January14th-17th and two flights in February with no points/miles posting. Faxed boarding passes, tickets to BA New York on March 6th with no response as of yet - should I reach out to BAMissingMiles or will that muddy the waters?
Old Mar 16, 22, 10:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, BA Amex PP
Pleasantly surprised to see my one AS flight from last week credit at the same time as the AA leg on the same day - it was BA codeshare though rather than AS prefixed. It was more of a faff for a direct AS booking, needing to produce various emails and a few back and forth.
Old Mar 16, 22, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Gold, HH Gold (Thank You AMEX), Tennessee Squire
I second that. She is a godsend. Helped with two AS flights from February.
abraxias likes this.
Old Mar 16, 22, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Gold, HH Gold (Thank You AMEX), Tennessee Squire
Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
Flew Alaska January14th-17th and two flights in February with no points/miles posting. Faxed boarding passes, tickets to BA New York on March 6th with no response as of yet - should I reach out to BAMissingMiles or will that muddy the waters?
I would reach out. I hate Fax’ing. Too many cracks for your paperwork to slip through. Also, BAMissingMiles is amazing. As stated above she’s heaven sent for helping.
Skyline likes this.
Old Mar 16, 22, 8:49 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
Given that you've faxed in your documents I would leave it another 2-3 weeks unless it makes a huge difference to you and you need the Avios urgently.

Originally Posted by Tack View Post
I would reach out. I hate Fax’ing. Too many cracks for your paperwork to slip through. Also, BAMissingMiles is amazing. As stated above she’s heaven sent for helping.
I agree with the sentiments above but for the sake of accuracy if anyone looks at this in the future, her FlyerTalk name is BAMissingAvios not BAMissingMiles.
Skyline and CorpFlyer like this.
Old Mar 17, 22, 5:49 pm

Programs: British Airways
For reference, I flew 2 Alaska flights since January. For the first flight I sent info to [email protected] per Sarah (BAMissingAvios) on 2/21, unfortunately I was missing info so BA built a case for me and sent a requested to upload the missing info to www.ba.com/collectingavios. I uploaded the missing info a few days later and haven't seen Avios posted yet.

Learning from the first flight, I made sure I had all the required info for the second flight. Again sent to [email protected], on 3/5. Yesterday I just heard back from them saying Avios posted. Unfortunately they only posted half of the round trip.

So the saga continues..

The good news is - no fax was in this whole process 😅
CorpFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 20, 22, 7:23 am

Programs: AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Have been following this thread closely as I've decided to start crediting some flights to BAEC for the first time and Alaska flights are a part of that strategy.

Do we know if crediting AS flights to BA is a 100% fail automatically and always requires manual posting after the fact? Or are there any successful data points of flights posting automatically, without intervention? Anything that can be done proactively to help ensure success?

One thing I noticed that gave me some concern is that my BAEC number has two leading zeros. When I originally made the AS booking, it showed my entire BAEC number in the PNR, but as I look at the reservation now (in AS MMB site), I noticed that the two leading zeros are no longer showing on my BAEC number. Does that matter? Are the leading zeros actually a part of ones BAEC number? (I assume they are or they wouldn't bother to show them on one's card). Not sure if that could be playing into this situation or not.

Debating whether to just credit this flight to AA to avoid the mess, but really would like to use this flight towards BA status...

Regards

Search this Thread