Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Claiming missing TPs for Alaska Airlines flights

Claiming missing TPs for Alaska Airlines flights

Old Feb 25, 22, 9:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA Plat., Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FlightDetective View Post
I had a flight 30 January on Alaska Airlines that was missing.

I sent a FlyerTalk private message to BAMissingAvios on Sunday 20 February (with name, booking reference, flight number, flight date, travel class, booking class, ticket number, Executive Club number), received a message on here the following day to send my Itinerary and Boarding Pass to an e-mail address. Did that and replied via here saying I'd done so. Avios credited the next day, Tuesday 22 February.

Simple and seamless.
They're not processing the claims in order as they were received apparently lol. Did the same thing you described on Feb. 9 and still nothing. I was told that they'd look into it but to wait 28 business days to inquire on the status. Love that this is my first experience with BAEC. Can't wait for more dysfunction to follow.
Old Feb 25, 22, 10:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by FlightDetective View Post
I had a flight 30 January on Alaska Airlines that was missing.

I sent a FlyerTalk private message to BAMissingAvios on Sunday 20 February (with name, booking reference, flight number, flight date, travel class, booking class, ticket number, Executive Club number), received a message on here the following day to send my Itinerary and Boarding Pass to an e-mail address. Did that and replied via here saying I'd done so. Avios credited the next day, Tuesday 22 February.

Simple and seamless.
That does sound simple and seamless; my experience was not the same. I submitted all of that same information and received an automated email saying it would be investigated over the next month. No follow-up since.
Old Feb 25, 22, 10:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by ghsbass0406 View Post
They're not processing the claims in order as they were received apparently lol. Did the same thing you described on Feb. 9 and still nothing. I was told that they'd look into it but to wait 28 business days to inquire on the status. Love that this is my first experience with BAEC. Can't wait for more dysfunction to follow.
Originally Posted by Nicksta View Post
That does sound simple and seamless; my experience was not the same. I submitted all of that same information and received an automated email saying it would be investigated over the next month. No follow-up since.
That's bad luck! I must have just got lucky with someone who knows the process for FlyerTalk (as I assume how it was for me is how it should be!). I've worked in contact centres before and the way things are done will vary quite a lot from person to person, even though everyone gets the same training. Some will rigidly stick to the rules, some will play fast and loose, others will process things according to their own personal whims and experience. Not making apologies, it's just the reality and why there are so many different experiences on the same issues from person to person on here.

Really, all they need to do is put Alaska Airlines as a dropdown option on their online form and then it would go through the usual processes and all this heartache would be avoided. Something so simple...
Old Feb 25, 22, 12:39 pm

Any tips on finding my ticket number if I didn't save my boarding pass? (My flight was in late December.)

I have a 13-digit number that shows up on my Alaska credit card billing statement, if that is any help.

Thanks for any help.
Old Feb 25, 22, 12:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
If that number begins with "02", then yeah, that's likely the ticket number. I pulled mine from the credit card statement, too.
Old Feb 25, 22, 12:47 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia View Post
Any tips on finding my ticket number if I didn't save my boarding pass? (My flight was in late December.)

I have a 13-digit number that shows up on my Alaska credit card billing statement, if that is any help.

Thanks for any help.
The ticket number (starting 02) will be in the email you received from Alaska Air when you purchased the ticket. On mine they are from this email address: [email protected]
Old Feb 25, 22, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad View Post
The ticket number (starting 02) will be in the email you received from Alaska Air when you purchased the ticket. On mine they are from this email address: [email protected]
Thank you. The number on my credit card billing statement is a 13-digit number starting with 027, so that must be the ticket number, too.
golfmad likes this.
Old Feb 28, 22, 3:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
Am missing 230 tier points and avios from American and Alaskan from 5th Feb, AA transcon cancelled and downgraded. Alaskan not credited and AA credited incorrectly. Spoke to Executive club 2 and half weeks ago. Took all the details still not credited to my account. Thanks to this forum I have now emailed Missing avios. Ridiculous you have to wait so long.
Old Feb 28, 22, 5:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia View Post
Thank you. The number on my credit card billing statement is a 13-digit number starting with 027, so that must be the ticket number, too.
That's the one! 027 is Alaska, 053 is Aer Lingus, BA is 125, American is 001... they're all three digits and then the ticket number.
Old Feb 28, 22, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Magnus77 View Post
Am missing 230 tier points and avios from American and Alaskan from 5th Feb, AA transcon cancelled and downgraded. Alaskan not credited and AA credited incorrectly. Spoke to Executive club 2 and half weeks ago. Took all the details still not credited to my account. Thanks to this forum I have now emailed Missing avios. Ridiculous you have to wait so long.
I have a decent suspicion that following the 28 days, nothing will have happened and it will require starting over, so let us know what happens next for you.
Old Mar 1, 22, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA Plat., Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Flew AS flights Jan. 23-25. Messaged BAMissingAvios on Feb. 9 and my 640 TP and avios were posted today!!! The information I provided BAMissingAvios was my Alaska Airlines confirmation number, ticket number, flight numbers, letter class flown, and flight dates and times. What a mess waiting so long but so happy they posted.

Ironically I flew AA and they posted the very next day with BA. Go figure.
CaliWesties likes this.
Old Mar 2, 22, 10:42 am

My missing points posted yesterday, so I'm pleasantly surprised that it did not require more information and follow-up. It has been a month since the flights, but about 2 weeks from my request to investigate.
FlightDetective likes this.
Old Mar 4, 22, 8:35 am

Update

Originally Posted by Nicksta View Post
I have a decent suspicion that following the 28 days, nothing will have happened and it will require starting over, so let us know what happens next for you.
Got a reply in my emails from BA thanking me for my message on here the next day. Asked me to resubmit all the documents for a 2nd time 💤💤💤
Have scanned the boarding passes and the physical tickets that AA printed to transfer to Alaskan on the same day. Chased it on the phone yesterday got oh we are busy in the back office. Resent a chaser email this morning. No response or acknowledgement. Would mind but the series of flights in question were 4 weeks ago tomorrow.
Old Mar 4, 22, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Gold
I sent a PM to BAMissingAvios on here raising the issue of AS points not posting. I had a reply this morning:

Dear Geordie405,

Thank you for your recent Flyertalk post.

Please accept my apologies for the issues you have been facing when submitting your Alaska Airlines flights.

We are, unfortunately, still experiencing some issues when crediting flights with certain partners.

This is being looked into and raised with out systems team but I am unable to give a exact timeline on when this will be rectified.

Again, please accept my apologies that I cannot give a more definite answer.

Kind Regards
BAMissingAvios
British Airways Executive Club
So there's clearly a known issue but the good news is that BA is aware of it and looking to get it resolved.
Old Mar 4, 22, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Geordie405 View Post
I sent a PM to BAMissingAvios on here raising the issue of AS points not posting. I had a reply this morning:

So there's clearly a known issue but the good news is that BA is aware of it and looking to get it resolved.
Sounds more like a fob off to me

Search this Thread