FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA & AA JFK T8 joint operations to begin Dec 2022 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2066596-ba-aa-jfk-t8-joint-operations-begin-dec-2022-a.html)

MaxFlyer Jun 17, 22 8:22 am

I received the email for a specific booking in mid December where I will be going to JFK.

VSLover Jun 23, 22 12:37 pm

It is strange that we are less than six months out and there has been no further update on the lounge/new lounge in T8? i'd have thought we'd see some marketing comms on that already. unless they figure the original release was sufficient.

orbitmic Jun 23, 22 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by VSLover (Post 34362804)
It is strange that we are less than six months out and there has been no further update on the lounge/new lounge in T8? i'd have thought we'd see some marketing comms on that already. unless they figure the original release was sufficient.

agreed - everything has been remarkably quiet and I don’t think much has filtered either officially or unofficially apart from the delay from November to December and first moving the last flight of the day as a “test” before the rest comes through (which I personally think is a very dodgy idea! If you move one, just make it the day flight I guess).

skipness1E Jun 23, 22 12:55 pm

Is this timetable for closure looking firm, or given ongoing operational challenges in the airports, likely to slip?

VSLover Jun 23, 22 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by skipness1E (Post 34362849)
Is this timetable for closure looking firm, or given ongoing operational challenges in the airports, likely to slip?

BA still seems to think its on given the emails they've recently sent out notifying me that my early DEC flight will no longer leave from T7, but T8. so for now, presumably they do.

NWIFlyer Jun 24, 22 1:58 am

Folks, with apologies, we need to temporarily close this thread for a clean-up, given a very large (and growing) number of off-topic and passive-aggressive posts which are not helping the information flow about the move to T8 at all.

A total of 44 posts have now been removed, and others edited. It's been necessary to take a broad-brush approach to this, so apologies to those somewhat caught in the crossfire. Going forward, a little more concentration and a lot less snark would probably help us all.

/mod

HFHFFlyer Aug 27, 22 11:59 am

Anyone heard any more updates on the move? We are only three months away from operations supposedly starting and I see only quite slow progress at T8 (although I’m always rushing through and never look very hard)

tjcxx Aug 27, 22 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer (Post 34550198)
Anyone heard any more updates on the move? We are only three months away from operations supposedly starting and I see only quite slow progress at T8 (although I’m always rushing through and never look very hard)

I'll try to remember to report back. I'm inbound T7 on Monday (29 Aug), and outbound T8 5th Sep.

tjcxx Sep 6, 22 5:46 am

Originally Posted by tjcxx (Post 34550534)
I'll try to remember to report back. I'm inbound T7 on Monday (29 Aug), and outbound T8 5th Sep.

I have remembered... Indoors -- T7 is lookiing tireder than ever. Indoors at T8 the work on the new check in area and the new gate areas are still behind hoardings. Progress outside at T8 -- there is a new gate jet bridge now visible from the drop off area. It's not connected fully to the terminal, but things are moving along obviously.

MaxFlyer Sep 14, 22 11:54 am

I flew in/out of JFK this week and asked both AA and BA staff what the latest on the love was. Both sides mentioned that 1 December is still on but they were not optimistic that it would stick.

The BA staff who has been working there for quite some time said that it’s been shocking at the lack of communication and that it doesn’t seem that a lot of operations staff have been involved in the decision making so there are concerns that things won’t work right. Also, the phrase ‘headless chickens’ was used…

Other concerns raised was that BA would be drawfed by the sheer size of AA and it’s branding marginalised.