Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA & AA JFK T8 joint operations to begin Dec 2022

BA & AA JFK T8 joint operations to begin Dec 2022

Old Feb 1, 22, 8:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Diamond
I'm sure hypersonic travel will be on the cards eventually, and then Concorde will be a long lost memory......

Still prefer T8. Can't remember the last time I went through T7 (some time just after the new dining bit fully opened).
Much easier for me coming off say the transcon and then remaining in the same terminal than having to change to T7.
Never a fan of security in T7, although the ramp could be a novelty from time to time......back when BA1 out of LCY was running and I was GGL.
Messy boarding in F when the put the airbridge on 1L and everyone nudged into you as they passed through F whilst you were trying to sort yourself out.....or the CCR said "boarding" and people were queued down the airbridge.

Last edited by xenole; Feb 1, 22 at 8:56 pm
Old Feb 2, 22, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by KSVVZ2015 View Post
the 1776 room has a nice ring to it!!
Or the 1812 room
Old Feb 2, 22, 2:35 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Is everyone expecting all the lounges and premium check in areas to be open on Day 1?
Old Feb 2, 22, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, LX Frequent Traveller, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by A P Yu View Post
Is everyone expecting all the lounges and premium check in areas to be open on Day 1?
It seems AA and BA are promising everything will be open, which I would take to mean that not everything will be open.
pauleeepaul, A P Yu, wrp96 and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 2, 22, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser View Post
Did they tell you that over here we call it "Good Riddance Day"?
Thanksgiving!

rb211.
Globaliser and wrp96 like this.
Old Feb 3, 22, 9:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
having been thru JFK three times this week: (1) the flagship check in was still (thankfully) open as of yesterday--despite the release saying it would close feb 1; (2) the lounge agents, as best as they know, mentioned the current flagship lounge and bridge would remain as the flagship lounge space and the area on the other side of the bridge which are offices etc as mentioned above have already begun tear down and that is where the new lounge(s) will be installed. they said they had not been told they would be at all disrupted during construction which i can imagine given the flagship lounge isnt that old...but imagine once things are sorted there may be something that must happen with flagship dining area.
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Feb 6, 22, 2:49 pm

Programs: CX MPO GO (=SPH), IHG Spire Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by JAXBA View Post
Reminds me of The Parent Trap. Anyone else?
Old Feb 6, 22, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, LX Frequent Traveller, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by VSLover View Post
(2) the lounge agents, as best as they know, mentioned the current flagship lounge and bridge would remain as the flagship lounge space and the area on the other side of the bridge which are offices etc as mentioned above have already begun tear down and that is where the new lounge(s) will be installed. they said they had not been told they would be at all disrupted during construction which i can imagine given the flagship lounge isnt that old...but imagine once things are sorted there may be something that must happen with flagship dining area.
This makes sense - the current Flagship lounge and Admirals Club in Concourse B will presumably be amalgamated into one Club lounge to provide enough space for all of the AA and BA departures, whilst the currently vacant adjacent space will become the First lounge and CCR (equivalent). The Admirals Club in Concourse C will remain for AA's members.

The upside of the T7 lounges being fairly new means that hopefully the furniture will be recycled and pop up in other BA lounges in the US (EWR, IAH, SEA and PHL would be good candidates, given ORD is closing, SFO has been refurbished recently and BOS and IAD are fairly new).
Old Feb 6, 22, 9:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Genius1 View Post
This makes sense - the current Flagship lounge and Admirals Club in Concourse B will presumably be amalgamated into one Club lounge to provide enough space for all of the AA and BA departures, whilst the currently vacant adjacent space will become the First lounge and CCR (equivalent). The Admirals Club in Concourse C will remain for AA's members.

The upside of the T7 lounges being fairly new means that hopefully the furniture will be recycled and pop up in other BA lounges in the US (EWR, IAH, SEA and PHL would be good candidates, given ORD is closing, SFO has been refurbished recently and BOS and IAD are fairly new).
i was just thinking about this--i have been thru the JFK flagship dining three times this week. mid-week it was empty but saturday afternoon/evening it was near full with all the transcons and LHR flights, so it would never fit the added BA pax when applicable at peak times which makes me more curious now given one of the great things about CCR is the space to dine thru the evening as the BA flights roll thru.
Old Feb 17, 22, 7:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Passing through JFK terminal 8 today. Looks like work on the gates is progressing well. The Flagship Check In has been relocated. Looks like the shops to the right after security might be repurposed as a new lounge entrance. We were greeted with staff handing out mimosas as we came into the flagship lounge.

Old Jun 16, 22, 4:58 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR)
London Air Travel has just published an update from BA on their proposed move to T8 in November.
It seems BA, still with the memory of the T5 move in their head, have opted for a phased approach to flights moving across from T7 to T8 in November & December

From Thursday November 17th, BA's last flight of the day from LHR to JFK (BA182) will arrive at T8, and the subsequent morning return flight (BA178) will depart from T8 from Friday November 18th. This will allow familiarisation for staff and crew of the T8 layout and then from Thursday December 1st, all other BA flights into JFK will arrive at T8. No additional details have been provided on the lounge set-up further to what was originally announced.

Pilot37

Last edited by Pilot37; Jun 17, 22 at 2:34 am
Old Jun 16, 22, 11:25 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Ex Plat/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
The concreting outside T8 is going reasonably well. No idea if this is part of the move, but the luxury of leaving jets parked at gates all day, which BA currently has at T7 surely cannot continue with T8.
Interesting arrivals these past two weeks:

T7 - 50% of the Global Entry machines are not working
T8 - 50% of the Global Entry machines are not working

Both location, CBT staff chatting whilst we queues and a short interrogation even with GE at both terminals.

T7 - has no proper PreCheck in the evenings
T8 - has PreCheck all day
Old Jun 17, 22, 5:51 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Just received a couple of emails from BA informing me my flights next year will be to/from T8.
Old Jun 17, 22, 6:04 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Pilot37 View Post
London Air Travel has just published an update from BA on their proposed move to T8 in November.
It seems BA, still with the memory of the T5 move in their head, have opted for a phased approach to flights moving across from T7 to T8 in November & December
I certainly remember the start of T5's operations. Whenever I see the word "shambles" in a post in this forum I allow myself a small smile. But for T8, BA actually has good experiences of this since T7 was shut down during the height of the pandemic and so I took a number of BA flghts out of T8, and it was certainly handy if connecting. As far as I could tell the BA and AA staff working together on the BA account had very few problems with using T8.
wrp96, Geordie405 and jonkx like this.
Old Jun 17, 22, 7:34 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by chistery View Post
Just received a couple of emails from BA informing me my flights next year will be to/from T8.
I got the same message about a specific booking... where I'm transiting through PHL. No clue why I got the email

Search this Thread