FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA & AA JFK T8 joint operations to begin Dec 2022 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2066596-ba-aa-jfk-t8-joint-operations-begin-dec-2022-a.html)

RB211 Jan 25, 2022 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Airprox (Post 33933981)
...plus 3 remote stands for BA to bus passengers to.

Excellent news! :eek:

rb211.

Betteronacamel Jan 25, 2022 1:30 pm

Hey Ho - I guess my March trip to/from JFK could be my last through T7 then. I think the move has been telegraphed for a while, so not a great shock, but unfortunately won't be able to say a little goodbye to the JFK CCR which I have really liked over the years. Slumming it in (hopefully) CS this time. Have been travelling through T7 man and boy since 1972 (when it was the BOAC Terminal, shared I think with Air Canada). There were some great staff there too who were really good when it came to IRROPS. They even got me away without fuss when I showed up once with a ticket which should have been from EWR. I shall have good wander around before getting stuck into the pre-flight dining (not holding out much hope for the on-board food judging by other threads). I guess that's the end of the Concorde 'brand' at JFK. Haven't really used T8 too much over the years - a couple of times inbound off AA 101, so will reserve judgement. Having to use a bus to remote stands doesn't sound great though - no doubt BA will insist on some 'premium' busses for their F/J guests (Concorde coaches for F and Prems perhaps?) on what is, after all, their 'Blue Riband' route (and pigs might fly too).

SpeedbirdLHR Jan 25, 2022 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Jamesbatraveller (Post 33933910)
BA seem to be planning to take “enhancements” to the next level by “enhancing” away dedicated British Airways lounges and a uniquely British experience in their most important overseas destination/departure airport.

Co-location at LHR T3 has never meant AA removing their American offering and, while being co-terminus with AA in T8 makes perfect sense, I really feel let down by BA with this planned implementation.

Never say never……only time will tell what may be in planning

RB211 Jan 25, 2022 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Betteronacamel (Post 33934798)
Hey Ho - I guess my March trip to/from JFK could be my last through T7 then. I think the move has been telegraphed for a while, so not a great shock...

Telegraphed! Financial Timesed! Probably even Daily Mailed! Back in 2019.

https://simpleflying.com/british-air...terminal-move/

rb211.

msm2000uk Jan 25, 2022 1:53 pm

For those worrying about Flagship Check-In, do not fear.

I've literally just left JFK but had a long chat.with the staff.

The desks will be moving literally one row over from where they are now, and there will be a separate line which will meander you to the front of TSA Pre.

The staff have been told they're moving in mid February, but that keeps being delayed. The area won't necessarily be as hidden as it currently is, but the desk staff did stress it's obviously just a temporary move.

I've got quite a few trips through JFK over the next month, so it'll be interesting to see if they keep to the timeline.

I'm back through on Saturday, so happy to ask any questions people have.

M

TTmex Jan 25, 2022 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by samthemanct (Post 33934732)
all I ever asked of BA when flying on them is to be treated the way AA treats me, and my family when they are with me. BA doesn't do that. I have lots of friends who fly who agree with me, they may not post, but rest assured, we don't fly BA if we can avoid it. BA at JFK in T7 is anti AA flyers, and that has been my experience.

Well by that logic as a BA gold I want to be listed on the upgrade list alongside EXPs next time I'm in AA coach. I'm sure AA elites would be pleased at the extra competition for upgrade space

mrow Jan 25, 2022 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by TTmex (Post 33934876)
Well by that logic as a BA gold I want to be listed on the upgrade list alongside EXPs next time I'm in AA coach. I'm sure AA elites would be pleased at the extra competition for upgrade space

Not trying to be obtuse here but I am not sure I follow the logic? The complaint seemed to be about AA bending rules for AA elites but BA not bending them for AA elites? Assuming I have got this right, I don’t see how AA EXP upgrade privileges relate here?

I hold the view that it’s best to not expect rules to be bent to one’s advantage and to be gracious when they are. This attitude generally leads to me being pleasantly surprised and sometimes delighted when a rule is bent to accommodate my situation vs being perpetually peeved off when a rule is enforced.

As to the topic of co-location I am genuinely excited by the prospect. I think it will significantly improve connections and there is a real opportunity for BA/AY/AA/CX/QR to make JFK T8 a really streamlined travelling experience for OneWorld travellers.

LancashireFlyer Jan 25, 2022 2:28 pm

My wife wants the Aviation Gin bar to move with it!

guytp Jan 25, 2022 3:02 pm

all I ever asked of BA when flying on them is to be treated the way AA treats me, and my family when they are with me. BA doesn't do that. I have lots of friends who fly who agree with me, they may not post, but rest assured, we don't fly BA if we can avoid it. BA at JFK in T7 is anti AA flyers, and that has been my experience.

To me BA aren't treating you badly, they're doing exactly as they say. AA may treat differently but I don't feel your being discriminated. I'm OWE via BA. I haven't even tried to guest anyone greater than guesting limits - nor would I. That's not the rules so I'd rather not embarrass myself or anybody controlling access to the lounge. I know if I'm in a lounge, especially a more intimate one like the CCR, I'd rather there were fewer people there - I don't want everybody else guesting in lots of people. So the same applies to me and I shouldn't expect to guest people in. If I want CCR access with family then we all fly First, or we go to another lounge. I'd much rather have to deal with that restriction that than end up with CCR being as busy as the American Flagship First lounges for all the times I'm travelling by myself and want a tranquil place to hide.

PUCCI GALORE Jan 25, 2022 3:14 pm

Really? Have I understood correctly? You are mega-miffed with BA because they would not let you in with your whole family? From what I understand they were applying the rules that are within BA policy, and AA are happy to bend theirs or maybe they don’t have the same rules. I am unsure why you and all the silent people that you mention think that BA should do so for you, but since you seem to think that they should; I would do the same as you as take my custom elsewhere. Extraordinary.

Anyhow how this particular arrangement works remains to be seen. As I always take the morning flight, it should be quiet enough whichever Lounge one is entitled to sit.

KSVVZ2015 Jan 25, 2022 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Jamesbatraveller (Post 33933910)
BA seem to be planning to take “enhancements” to the next level by “enhancing” away dedicated British Airways lounges and a uniquely British experience in their most important overseas destination/departure airport.

Co-location at LHR T3 has never meant AA removing their American offering and, while being co-terminus with AA in T8 makes perfect sense, I really feel let down by BA with this planned implementation.

To allude to Robert Brooke - that corner of a foreign airport that is forever England and attributes a unique USP BA offering being lost on this most important route is a sad loss and retrograde step.

The uniquely British experience tends to push me to fly other airlines. Honestly there are VERY few bright spots of BA out station operations. The CCR is one of them but sounds like a CCR/FFD lounge will still exist. Otherwise, T7 was awful with terrible security lines. PFD has been consistently watered down in other US airports over the years even before COVID. Most BA outstation lounges aren't that great. Etc. Etc. Right now, BA lags the US carriers across the pond on most levels so integration into AA seems to be a chance for positive change.

noFODplease Jan 25, 2022 4:38 pm

rest assured, we don't fly BA if we can avoid it

And thank goodness for that, if these posts are anything to go by.

mcgahat Jan 25, 2022 5:04 pm

This cant happen soon enough for me. I like BA and would like to fly BA more but it is a pain when I have a connecting from coming or going out of T8 on AA. I have TSA Pre Check but still too much of a hassle. I look forward to the aggregation of facilities, I think it will be better overall.

RB211 Jan 25, 2022 5:19 pm

Agree - this is going to make West Coast to/from LHR stop-offs at JFK to double TPs more attractive!

rb211.

steveholt Jan 25, 2022 5:25 pm

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...9c2b00ff5a.png