Zagreb

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2022, 11:48 am
:D!
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Zagreb

I would like to book Zagreb for mid-March but I saw it mentioned that BA has been cancelling the flights, indeed there is nothing for sale until 28 Feb.

Croatian (OU) is also flying the route, however I would prefer BA because the OU timing is not ideal while the BA time is. Also, we can use the CX J lounge and BA is cheaper.

We must get to ZAG that day as we intend to fly from there the next morning. If we book OU, it would be on the same ticket as the next day's flight, so not possible to book both speculatively.

​​​​​Can anyone speculate if BA is likely to cancel the flights into March, and if they did would they rebook to OU without any hassle? I don't want to have to take BA to MCOL.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
I would think there is a high likelyhood of Zagreb not starting up again until sometime into the summer schedules, so April onwards at least, but that isn't based on any evidence just somewhere between speculation and semi educated guessing.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 1:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm due to fly LHR - ZAG - SKP, with the second leg on Croatian, all on a 125- ticket
If BA cancel the first LHR - ZAG leg, would the LH guidance allow me to rebook the whole trip as LHR - VIE - SKP on OS?
Old Jan 21, 2022, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by barneyb
I'm due to fly LHR - ZAG - SKP, with the second leg on Croatian, all on a 125- ticket
If BA cancel the first LHR - ZAG leg, would the LH guidance allow me to rebook the whole trip as LHR - VIE - SKP on OS?
Yes, as it currently stands, although there’s also a few remaining BA ops to VIE they could use as well for that sector.

To the OP, while you would have the right to insist on rerouting, you don’t have a right to demand a specific airline, so you can’t guarantee they’d use OU. In particular, within Europe they have a general agreement with LH/LX/OS for rerouting, which would very likely be considered a ‘reasonable’ alternative in the circumstances.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.