Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lisbon/Portugal Entry Requirements

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2022, 2:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Tack
Outbound from LAX, a PCR test within 72hrs and our California Vax digital Smart Card showing all three of our shots gets us to LHR and on to OPO. The return to LHR we just need our CA Vax digital Smart card. And LHR-LAX an antigen test done at LHR 24hrs before? The above includes all the paperwork BA requires filled out. Sorry, just don’t want to miss anything. We’ve traveled extensively domestically and south of the US boarder during the Pandemic. This is our first of 3 booked jaunts to the EU since the end of 2019.
Yes is the short answer. For the outbound you need a PCR within 72 hours or a Lab sponsored antigen test (lateral flow test) within 48 hours if on one booking. CVS are doing both, to give one name of hundreds of options in SoCal. For the return it's nearly the same, but you can do a lateral flow test in OPO airport, there is a test centre in the middle of the departure area, though it can have a long queue in the mornings. Or you can do it LHR. It doesn't have to be an antigen test, it can be PCR, NAAT or LAMP. If it is one booking, at least in theory you can do the test on day1 in OPO where day2 is OPO-LHR and day3 is LHR-LAX. Obviously if you do it on day2 instead you make it an easier discussion, but you have to dodge the queues somehow. Testing in Portugal is much easier and vastly cheaper that SoCal, every pharmacy will do one, even some newspaper kiosks too; LHR is more expensive but hassle free. Note that right now about 12% of the adult population of Porto has COVID.

I also recall that the Portugal government said something along the lines that the next travel update will be around 8 or 9 February. I doubt the USA will change requirements in the near future, UK will probably abandon travel requirements for the vaccinated later today but that's not a factor for you anyway.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 5:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes is the short answer. For the outbound you need a PCR within 72 hours or a Lab sponsored antigen test (lateral flow test) within 48 hours if on one booking. CVS are doing both, to give one name of hundreds of options in SoCal. For the return it's nearly the same, but you can do a lateral flow test in OPO airport, there is a test centre in the middle of the departure area, though it can have a long queue in the mornings. Or you can do it LHR. It doesn't have to be an antigen test, it can be PCR, NAAT or LAMP. If it is one booking, at least in theory you can do the test on day1 in OPO where day2 is OPO-LHR and day3 is LHR-LAX. Obviously if you do it on day2 instead you make it an easier discussion, but you have to dodge the queues somehow. Testing in Portugal is much easier and vastly cheaper that SoCal, every pharmacy will do one, even some newspaper kiosks too; LHR is more expensive but hassle free. Note that right now about 12% of the adult population of Porto has COVID.

I also recall that the Portugal government said something along the lines that the next travel update will be around 8 or 9 February. I doubt the USA will change requirements in the near future, UK will probably abandon travel requirements for the vaccinated later today but that's not a factor for you anyway.
Thank you! Cheers.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 8:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Man I hate asking this, but I need to be checked here. Mrs Tack and I are flying from LAX-LHR-OPO 11/Feb. Then OPO-LHR 19/Feb and LHR-LAX 20/Feb.
The Portuguese national wire service Lusa is reporting that Portugal may reduce their requirements on 1 February, in line with a recent recommendation from the EU. Potentially reducing testing requirements. So if you are booking tests, try to make sure it is refundable.

Link is in Portuguese, but if you know Spanish you will be able to understand it.

https://www.lusa.pt/national/article...nsenso-europeu
Tack and S_W_S like this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 9:42 pm

Hello, Has anyone used a antigen test from Shopper drug mart for entry into Lisbon, portugal? Does it comply with the EU regulations they impose.

thanks.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 12:37 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List & GfL, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by mango cream
Hello, Has anyone used a antigen test from Shopper drug mart for entry into Lisbon, portugal? Does it comply with the EU regulations they impose.

thanks.
cannot comment on the type of test
from that provider but (as mentioned above) Portugal currently requires tests to be undertaken in a clinic. Self tests, including by video, are not accepted.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 3:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
I’ve been travelling to Portugal regularly throughout the pandemic. I’ve always done a in person test either at Collinson at the o2 or at St Pancras and everything has been fine. On arrival in Faro in December the couple in front of me in the queue had Randox self tests, they were directed to one side and told to take a new test (and I have read of people being fined up to €800 if they are asked to do this.)

i am next flying there on the 4th so I’ll report back with any updates.
Tack likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
TBIT at LAX has a Clarity Mobile Lab that provides a 1hr Antigen pre-flight test. Just wondering if anyone had used that service before flying BA to LHR and beyond. And if so, how was it? Timely and excepted? Final destination is OPO. With my work schedule this week it’d be really convenient to do it before check in. Thanks!
Old Feb 7, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
Appears that Portugal has now dropped all inbound testing for fully vaccinated passengers coming from the EU plus the 33 "third countries" inc UK with reciprocity.

Is anyone within BA lurking here who may have access to the screens the agents see at check in able to confirm what the system says?
Old Feb 7, 2022, 10:36 am

TBIT at LAX has a Clarity Mobile Lab that provides a 1hr Antigen pre-flight test. Just wondering if anyone had used that service before flying BA to LHR and beyond. And if so, how was it? Timely and excepted? Final destination is OPO. With my work schedule this week it’d be really convenient to do it before check in. Thanks!
Today Portugal dropped the requirement to test before departure provided you have an approved digital vaccination certificate, such as the EU or NHS vaccine certificates. Not sure if the California equivalent is in the system. However in doing this, Portugal also tightened up the timelines, so you need an antigen certificate wtihin 24 hours of boarding rather than the previous 48 hours, and frankly it's a lot cheaper and much easier to do this in London as a result. PCR remains 72 hours. Antigen tests need to be EU approved, though I somewhat doubt anyone is checking the inventory. If Clarity are using the BD Veritor Plus device, the most common one in use in the USA then that is approved, bottom of page 16 in the current inventory. But as I say, it's probably best not to overthink the equipment, they check the time and date.

Tack likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by clarkeysntfc
Is anyone within BA lurking here who may have access to the screens the agents see at check in able to confirm what the system says?
Timatic and the FCDO currently show the old rules (pre departure testing for all), typically this takes a day or two to be updated. Sherpa (used by BA and TAP) has been updated already. Word will probably get out in LHR in the next 24 hours, TAP has already updated their front page to say it's OK. I think you can probably argue it, the Portugal government site is pretty clear:

https://www.visitportugal.com/en/con...ented-portugal

https://www.flytap.com/en-gb/promo/unlock-portugal
clarkeysntfc likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Timatic and the FCDO currently show the old rules (pre departure testing for all), typically this takes a day or two to be updated. Sherpa (used by BA and TAP) has been updated already. Word will probably get out in LHR in the next 24 hours, TAP has already updated their front page to say it's OK. I think you can probably argue it, the Portugal government site is pretty clear:

https://www.visitportugal.com/en/con...ented-portugal

https://www.flytap.com/en-gb/promo/unlock-portugal
Thanks CWS. Not flying until Friday evening.

Both triple vaccinated in the UK so seems we just need the NHS COVID pass plus the Portuguese Passenger Locator Form.

Likewise on return except the UK PLF of course.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 10:23 am

gov.uk is now updated with the relevant info stating no tests for fully vaccinated passengers.
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements
Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Apologies for hijacking an existing thread.

From what I can make out Madeira just requires a vaccination certificate now, however gov.uk says a PLF is mandatory, from what I can see this is simply advised and won't generate a QR code or anything.

I submitted a form for one of my parents last night on the Madeira Safe website and so far nothing.

I just don't want them getting turned around at check in at the weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.