Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Holidays Uncontactable

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2022, 1:40 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by SonTech
How many telephone agents does BA or BAH actually have? How long is the average call? How many passengers are trying to get through? All these things affect the chances of getting through so you can see why people are experiencing problems. Too many people think they are more important than others and should not have to wait.
I got through after trying for 2 hours and it took the agent 3 hours to sort my query and they even called back when we got cut off.
Some people actually work for a living, and don't have 2-3 hours to wait in a telephone queue.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 2:35 am

Programs: BA Silver
Earbuds, if you have them, are the most efficient way to spend time on hold. You can stay mobile with hands free and there's an optimal volume where the music/taped messages don't intrude but you notice when they change to "Hello? Hello?". Not saying this makes BA's wait times acceptable, just that it's a way reduce stress.
SxMan likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 4:19 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by fripperies
Earbuds, if you have them, are the most efficient way to spend time on hold. You can stay mobile with hands free and there's an optimal volume where the music/taped messages don't intrude but you notice when they change to "Hello? Hello?". Not saying this makes BA's wait times acceptable, just that it's a way reduce stress.
I'll try that next time I'm working on a client site in the middle of a meeting.

"Hang on everyone, BA have answered after 3 hours - I've got to take this call!"
ExpatExp, fripperies and DelTroon like this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I'll try that next time I'm working on a client site in the middle of a meeting.

"Hang on everyone, BA have answered after 3 hours - I've got to take this call!"
Easier when working-from-home, but I have done this while on a Zoom call
Old Jan 18, 2022, 5:01 am

Programs: VA (Plat), QR (OWE), BAEC (Silver), AY (Gold), HH (Diamond)

In a face2face meeting with a client - "I'm sorry, I must take this call. I know Mr. Client we've not spoken in person for 2 years, but I've been trying to get on to BA for even longer"

Of course we all know this is hyperbole, BA won't answer after 3 hours, as they cut you off after 1...
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 6:45 am

Programs: Gold, Some red card and some hotel cards.
As a data point I contacted BA Holidays this morning. First call 10:31, 5 attempts later eventually on hold at 10:47 and all done 1 hour and 20 minutes later.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 6:51 am

Programs: AY Plat, Swiss SEN, Hertz Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
I have the same issue to get in touch with BAH. We have a trip booked with a Car rental and wanted to change Car class, because we don`t need a 7-seater SUV anymore. And as a train driver it is a little tricky to spend hour after hour on holding, to get trough
Old Jan 18, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: Executive Club Gold
Gold line Holidays just goes through to the "we can't help you right now" and cuts you off straight away, whatever time of day I've called.

I've got through on the normal number for Holidays after 45 minutes of holding though.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 7:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Some people actually work for a living, and don't have 2-3 hours to wait in a telephone queue.
not that I disagree at all with your point, but many of us could easily substitute “wait in a telephone queue” with “spend time on a Internet forum talking about seats and champagne with a load of strangers”

Old Jan 18, 2022, 10:16 am

Online chat function worked wonders for me

Hi - just thought I would share my experience, which like the OP meant that a had 0% success on getting hold of BAH via phone - so I reverted to online chat - now on at least 4 occasions and very quick speedy replies including flight change (dates) and hotel change. All done each time with 20 mins - hope that helps!
Old Jan 19, 2022, 2:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DMTaylor90
Gold line Holidays just goes through to the "we can't help you right now" and cuts you off straight away, whatever time of day I've called.

I've got through on the normal number for Holidays after 45 minutes of holding though.
I think you posted once many years ago, but I don't think you were welcomed properly at the time, so let me put that right.

Welcome to FT and DMTaylor90 and I hope we see more of you in the future here
Old Jan 19, 2022, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by BAlonghaul
Hi - just thought I would share my experience, which like the OP meant that a had 0% success on getting hold of BAH via phone - so I reverted to online chat - now on at least 4 occasions and very quick speedy replies including flight change (dates) and hotel change. All done each time with 20 mins - hope that helps!

Where did you access the online chat? All I can find was a 'chatbot' that had no option to speak to an agent. Thank you!
Old Jan 19, 2022, 5:58 am

Programs: VA (Plat), QR (OWE), BAEC (Silver), AY (Gold), HH (Diamond)
Originally Posted by LSSI92
Where did you access the online chat? All I can find was a 'chatbot' that had no option to speak to an agent. Thank you!
In chatbot type "speak to an agent" - You'll be told one of a few things; no-one is available - try again later, it's out of hours - try again during business hours (even when it's not out of hours), or you'll be in a queue to speak to an agent. Save it on your clipboard and Ctrl+V every minute or two until you get a response or grow weary from exhaustion. I got through in 10 mins the other morning for a minor tweek
gya007 and LSSI92 like this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 6:00 am

Programs: Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
I think you posted once many years ago, but I don't think you were welcomed properly at the time, so let me put that right.

Welcome to FT and DMTaylor90 and I hope we see more of you in the future here
Many thanks! And you're quite right it has been a few years since I joined, this forum has been a valuable source of information though
KARFA likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Colesmore
In chatbot type "speak to an agent" - You'll be told one of a few things; no-one is available - try again later, it's out of hours - try again during business hours (even when it's not out of hours), or you'll be in a queue to speak to an agent. Save it on your clipboard and Ctrl+V every minute or two until you get a response or grow weary from exhaustion. I got through in 10 mins the other morning for a minor tweek
Brilliant thank you! Straight in at number 4 in the queue so hopefully it doesn't take too long.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.