Companion booking - wrong gender

Old Jan 11, 2022, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Companion booking - wrong gender

Trying to make a companion voucher booking online, when it comes to adding the names I can add myself and then for the second person the only option is my partner from a drop down. This is fine as he is coming but the gender is populated as female and it wont let me change it! Ive tried different browsers but no way to change it from female to male. Anyone had the same?
Old Jan 11, 2022, 4:43 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by sjoh1271
Trying to make a companion voucher booking online, when it comes to adding the names I can add myself and then for the second person the only option is my partner from a drop down. This is fine as he is coming but the gender is populated as female and it wont let me change it! Ive tried different browsers but no way to change it from female to male. Anyone had the same?
Coincidentally, my partner has just called me to say he's having the same issue booking for me.

I can't see anywhere within my profile where it has my gender, other than my APIS information which is correctly showing Male, so I don't know where it is pulling female from?!
Old Jan 11, 2022, 4:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Not one I've seen however I think this is pulled over from his Executive Club profile? As in, it shouldn't be pulled over and then configurable afterwards.

I've just taken a look in my profile and the only place that gender is stored is under "Manage my account" -> "Update My Personal Information" and it's under the "Advanced Passenger Information" with a button marked "Update Passenger Details"
Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Well this is a mystery - gender is correct in Apis.
what a pain, this is the first booking in ages I thought I could do without calling up!!!
Old Jan 11, 2022, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Are HHAs involved here? I'm wondering whether something has gone wrong in the way that the relevant names are recorded in the HHA system.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 6:34 am

Well this is a mystery - gender is correct in Apis.
what a pain, this is the first booking in ages I thought I could do without calling up!!!
I don't think you need to do you? Someone correct me if wrong but for ticketing purposes it doesn't matter. It's only when you submit your APIS that it really matters and then you just submit the correct info.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 6:37 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
I once (accidentally) put one of my children down as a Viscountess on a booking. How I have no idea...

Anyway, no-one cared, and there was a distinct lack of red carpet, rose petals and complimentary CCR passes for us at the airport...
Old Jan 11, 2022, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Silver
If my partner did this, as long as it was first, I might be prepared to wear a frock - FIRST only though
Old Jan 11, 2022, 7:27 am

Programs: Mucci; BAEC GGL; (In memoriam: KLM Flying Dutchman Royal Wing & FB Platinum Elite)
Had this the other day when booking a 241- gender wouldn't change from F to M and tried different browsers to no effect. When populating the API it all worked ok -so assuming a glitch in the IT- will find out tomorrow if there's a problem!
Old Jan 11, 2022, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by sl1ppy
If my partner did this, as long as it was first, I might be prepared to wear a frock - FIRST only though
Because we live in a society with such tired stereotypes that female means wears a dress
WickedStepMother and abligh like this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 8:11 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by beamac
Had this the other day when booking a 241- gender wouldn't change from F to M and tried different browsers to no effect. When populating the API it all worked ok -so assuming a glitch in the IT- will find out tomorrow if there's a problem!
Please let us now how you get on.

We proceeded with the booking with me as a female Mr Speedbird676 and everything looks ok with APIS correctly showing M.

Last edited by Speedbird676; Jan 11, 2022 at 2:50 pm
Old Jan 11, 2022, 9:21 am

I have precisely the same issue with my companion voucher booking made with my wifes voucher. I am listed as Mr. but shown as F. I had to call BAEC (on a different issue) and mentioned this problem. They were also unable to diagnose the cause, nor fix it, but assured me that no one at the airport will care.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
Originally Posted by Confus
Because we live in a society with such tired stereotypes that female means wears a dress
Only in F, anywhere further back is all tracksuits and crocs
Old Jan 11, 2022, 10:29 am

Are you sure your partner is not identifying himself as female?
Old Jan 11, 2022, 10:43 am

It doesn't matter at all - no concept of titles or gender in airline ticketing that anyone cares about (they should just get rid of them really, half the time they end up randomly inserted into your name, I've been /Sammrs before and I'm a male!) Just make sure any API data is correct
RJD1983 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.