Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

URGENT - transfer through Netherlands onto BA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

URGENT - transfer through Netherlands onto BA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2022, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Thank you everyone for your replies, very helpful.

So, we will have tests done as required for DXB.
Meeting the requirement to enter Netherlands... do you not have to quarantine on entrance? If so, do I not need to provide some sort of address where "I will quarantine"?
Old Jan 11, 2022, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by lehovec
Thank you everyone for your replies, very helpful.

So, we will have tests done as required for DXB.
Meeting the requirement to enter Netherlands... do you not have to quarantine on entrance? If so, do I not need to provide some sort of address where "I will quarantine"?
No - one of the categories for exemption is being in NL for less than 12hrs - complete the declaration accordingly. No one is going to look at it likely - BA may check you've got a correct looking piece of paper and then you won't see any officials in NL at all!
Old Jan 11, 2022, 11:46 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sammyg901
No - one of the categories for exemption is being in NL for less than 12hrs - complete the declaration accordingly. No one is going to look at it likely - BA may check you've got a correct looking piece of paper and then you won't see any officials in NL at all!
But isn’t this only if you stay airside?
Old Jan 11, 2022, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
But isn’t this only if you stay airside?
https://www.government.nl/topics/cor...ory-quarantine

Not by my reading - you can enter NL for up to 12hrs as long as you've completed the declaration (with exemption noted) and have a ticket to leave within 12hrs
Old Jan 11, 2022, 1:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
I do find it all a little confusing - so Rapid Antigen would allow me to go LHR-AMS then AMS-LHR-JFK all with just one test??
Old Jan 11, 2022, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Yes if within the timeframes
our_kid and sammyg901 like this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by our_kid
I do find it all a little confusing - so Rapid Antigen would allow me to go LHR-AMS then AMS-LHR-JFK all with just one test??
Remember that the Antigen test for the US needs to be supervised but can obviously be also used for the Netherlands.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 1:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by southlondonphil
Fortunately, despite the different carriers and different alliances the agent was persuaded to construct a LCY-AMS-IST-MLE itinerary in the system from the two separate bookings so that I 'magically' became a transit passenger in the eyes of the KLM and/or the Dutch authorities.
That sounds like an amazing agent - though I probably wouldn't have wanted to be in the queue behind you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.