Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My First First

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2022, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I’m just envious! We have only ever managed one BA F rotation (in 2015!), and lost two more last year due to C-19 in 2021!

IIRC, F was nice but not exactly on a par with Dinner at the Palace. Undoubtedly better (to some extent) from our usual J experiences! Whichever, just enjoy … most people fly in Cattle Class at the back!

So this is BA First?
Old Jan 10, 2022, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Mks6
Walking the tunnels to T5B / T5C instead of getting the train helps waken you up a bit after you've indulged.​​​​
​​​​
Amazingly, this privilege is not restricted to those traveling in First!

rb211
Old Jan 10, 2022, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by RB211
Amazingly, this privilege is not restricted to those traveling in First!

rb211
Aren't you just delightful.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 2:44 pm

Apparently their is a champagne shortage and so it is not being served on boarding
So dont get over excited.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by alexwuk
* Eat in the CCR (or better yet, the Hinds Head or Waterside Inn in Bray, 20 mins away or the Tudor Room 10 mins away - all have stars). The simple fact is: a food cooked in a real kitchen with fresh ingredients on hand is going to better than anything prepared many hours in advance and reheated, no matter how lovingly made or expensive.

* The average retail price of the still wines served in F is about a tenner, versus LPGS at 80-100ish. I wish it were more evenly balanced, but BA are encouraging you to "stick with the fizz"

* Don't be afraid to ask about the various controls of the seat.
I looked them up from the menu whilst on the runway last week
The 3 whites were all about Ł15, 2 of the reds were similar. 1 red was about Ł40 (did double check)
Old Jan 10, 2022, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Barnaby100
Apparently their is a champagne shortage and so it is not being served on boarding
So dont get over excited.
Since when? There was loads loading in both my december First flights, and plenty in club on my Jan flights..
Old Jan 10, 2022, 3:09 pm

Last Wednesday- back from Boston in 1st

The BA lounge also didn't have any tonic water and so they made a G&T with soda water- travesty.

On the back of the experience cancelling our 1st flights to SFO in April (paid) and rebooking using Avios in club. The onboard and lounge experience was really poor.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 5:42 pm

The BA lounge also didn't have any tonic water and so they made a G&T with soda water- travesty.

On the back of the experience cancelling our 1st flights to SFO in April (paid) and rebooking using Avios in club. The onboard and lounge experience was really poor.
Don't think CCR has ever run out of champagne or tonic?, But i do agree the outstation lounges can be hit and miss, DXB had no real champagne in the lounge (but at least the BA lounge finally opened), but there was plenty of bubbles onboard! Speaking of onboard I had great experiences with both my December first flights... hopefully OP has a similar experience.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 8:04 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by babyg_wc
Don't think CCR has ever run out of champagne or tonic?, But i do agree the outstation lounges can be hit and miss, DXB had no real champagne in the lounge (but at least the BA lounge finally opened), but there was plenty of bubbles onboard! Speaking of onboard I had great experiences with both my December first flights... hopefully OP has a similar experience.
Oh yeah there were periods when there was no champagne (or at least no LPGS) in CCR - I remember those dark days.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by Mks6
Aren't you just delightful.
That's what my mother used to say!

rb211.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 2:49 am

Programs: BA Silver

Reminds me of a 5* hotel in Egypt - they ran out of mint leaves (!!) for a mojito and so substituted it with creme de menthe! - it was as good as it sounds.
To get back on topic, first First will be great, it's when you get used to it ...
dodgeflyer likes this.

Last edited by sl1ppy; Jan 11, 2022 at 2:51 am Reason: more info
Old Jan 12, 2022, 11:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I don't know if you're in 'old' or 'new' First Suites, but the control panel confused the hell out of me! Maybe a few too many sherberts!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.