Dessert or Cheese in F!

Old Jan 8, 2022, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Dessert or Cheese in F!

In F on way back from LAX. Overall food is very lacklustre. After my tiny dessert, I requested cheese. I was told it was dessert OR cheese! I know that was the protocol in J, but it seems to have crept into F! Anyway, I expressed how ridiculous this is - and some cheese has been provided. Another example of falling standards in F.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA
That's unfortunate - Maybe poor catering at LAX? To LAX, I had both cheese and dessert without problem.
Carfield and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by golfer20
That's unfortunate - Maybe poor catering at LAX? To LAX, I had both cheese and dessert without problem.
Thinking about it - on way out - there was no dessert left, and I had to have cheese!
SxMan likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 9:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
There were no Lindt chocolate balls left ;-)
Old Jan 8, 2022, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
There were no Lindt chocolate balls left ;-)
Not sure how that ever qualified as dessert! They couldn’t even bring me anything from J!
Old Jan 8, 2022, 10:43 pm

I find the catering in both J and F to be very, very disappointing, currently.

rb211.
Keystone, Gastrocnemius and SxMan like this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 11:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
that is annoying for those times you just want both.

i had a weird experience returning from LAX last week where they catered 11 of EVERYTHING with only 6 of us in F, so it was anything anytime, for once!
TPJ and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 11:52 pm

This is shocking, particularly for F. BA’s inflight catering is really on a race to the bottom. Compare it to JL F where they insist on making you try everything on the menu.
Carfield, TPJ, T8191 and 5 others like this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
That sounds very bad. I must say I never experienced that, but then haven't done F in recent months. If it is part of catering changes, then it sounds like a very bad one.

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Compare it to JL F
For your own sake, don't!!!
Old Jan 9, 2022, 2:37 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by brightstar100
In F on way back from LAX. Overall food is very lacklustre. After my tiny dessert, I requested cheese. I was told it was dessert OR cheese! I know that was the protocol in J, but it seems to have crept into F! Anyway, I expressed how ridiculous this is - and some cheese has been provided. Another example of falling standards in F.
Sounds like a scene from the workhouse in Oliver Twist. In CW it would be disgraceful. In F it's inexcusable. I would write to CS asking if "Create your own dining experience with our a la carte ‘Dine Anytime’ menu" is officially discontinued. Seriously, if it's company policy to discourage pax from requesting items on the menu even when they are available, that's something we ought to know about.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 5:35 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by VSLover
so it was anything anytime, for once!
But I’m a Diamond member! BA had promised me anything, anytime!

More seriously, BA meal loading in F has never been generous in recent years, I have complained about this before, not sure it anything is going to change there.
Geordie405 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 5:43 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by brightstar100
Thinking about it - on way out - there was no dessert left, and I had to have cheese!
How did they run out of the dessert option? I really do not understand. So the number of the desserts is lower than the number of the customers in F? Really?

It's only 1 option anyway...
Old Jan 9, 2022, 6:02 am

I've never had a problem getting 2 desert choices in F .

But I always express a first choice, then say "And if you have any [x] left over, then please can I have that as well later.... "

Never been an issue, if there was stock available
Old Jan 9, 2022, 10:12 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
In Qatar J the flight attendants regularly chide me (humorously, of course) for just ordering cheese and no proper desert after mains. And I usually succumb to the pressure... but only if served with a little cognac as well
nufnuf77 and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 11:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I never had an issue having dessert and then cheese! - don't know why the crew didnt offer that/ i think at least in my memory cheese and dessert are separate courses.
Carfield and Tobias-UK like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.