Wiki Posts
Search

Celebs on BA | 2022 edition

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2022, 7:34 am

Programs: BA GGL + GfL
Originally Posted by alex67500
The suspense is killing me!
ok, ok so I was temporarily starstruck. It was Sir Paul McCartney. No entourage and very pleasant indeed.

There’s nothing quite like listening to your very favourite music (Hey Jude) knowing the artist is 3metres away in 1A.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 7:41 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by BA_Pax
ok, ok so I was temporarily starstruck. It was Sir Paul McCartney. No entourage and very pleasant indeed.

There’s nothing quite like listening to your very favourite music (Hey Jude) knowing the artist is 3metres away in 1A.
I was going to say that anything short of a Beatles' or Led Zep member would be meh! I guess I was right
BA_Pax and Pilot37 like this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 8:21 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
I was going to say that anything short of a Beatles' or Led Zep member would be meh! I guess I was right
I think I must be the only British person who can't stand the Beatles or Sir Paul...best I keep away from Liverpool I guess

Led Zep on the other hand...
Old Feb 1, 2022, 9:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Dimond Amb
I saw him a couple of times last year in the First Lounge at T5. When the CCR was closed the celeb spotting was much better than normal in the GF.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 12:58 pm

i was sat behind Jimmy page on my second ever first class flight.
NoY, BA_Pax, mrow and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Billy Monger (racing driver and Channel 4 F1 pundit) on the way to DXB (yesterday I think).

Seems he got upgraded from Y to F too! Said he got an upgrade. His boarding pass said WT and he was sipping bubbles in F.

Source: His Insta stories
Old Feb 2, 2022, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by i_concur
i was sat behind Jimmy page on my second ever first class flight.
Possibly (!) getting a little off-topic...my wife tried to persuade me to go along to a summer fete at a public school local to us a few years ago.

I declined.

When she got home I asked how it went....'had a great time, sat next to a lovely man who was recovering from knee surgery and was frustrated not to be able to get out to tend his garden as much as he would like. Had a good chat about gardening though'.

This of course was Jimmy Page.....no talk of wild times on the road or the works of Aleister Crowley.
NoY likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 7:20 am
A13

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by A13
Judge Rinder and Sarah Willingham in the club checkin queue this morning
also on their way back from GVA this afternoon
Old Feb 2, 2022, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Why do people have to comment on “famous” people, is it to brag and like a trophy, I have never commented on all of the many “famous” people that I have met, nor will I?
Let’s just say for example Rob Rinder and Sarah Willingham are having an affair, are these people not allowed a private life, how would you like your whereabouts publicly posted on the internet?
Lioneye and HarbourGent like this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Why do people have to comment on “famous” people, is it to brag and like a trophy, I have never commented on all of the many “famous” people that I have met, nor will I?
Let’s just say for example Rob Rinder and Sarah Willingham are having an affair, are these people not allowed a private life, how would you like your whereabouts publicly posted on the internet?
I've always thought of this thread as just a bit of fun - a light-hearted part of the variety of stuff we get on the forum. I'm clueless when it comes to most celebrities!
Old Feb 2, 2022, 8:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
If Rob Rinder and Sarah Willingham were having an affair, I would have probably choked on and spat out my LPGS.

TBH though the tabloids would have picked it up far quicker than flyertalk.

All part and parcel of being a public figure in public I'm afraid. But it's no secret ...

https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/r...l-b958661.html

But just to taint the thread further, I was sat behind Suzi Quattro on a Ryanair flight back from Brno a few years back. I felt so sorry for her having to fly FR that I never told anyone until today. 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited by The Geek; Feb 2, 2022 at 8:25 am
Old Feb 3, 2022, 5:50 am

Programs: BA Exec Club: Gold HHons:Diamond FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC USA:GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by Genius1
Which class out of interest?
F, I was in J on an Amex 2-4-1
Genius1 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 7:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Ummm... then perhaps you should just choose not to click on/read a thread that is clearly titled "Celebs on BA?" I mean, that's an option too, right?

Regards
Old Feb 3, 2022, 7:30 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
Gary Lineker was on BA42 - and now tested positive for COVID!
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by BillyBleach
Yes saw them in the CCR having breakfast.
How comes queuing in the J check-in section and then having brekkie in the CCR?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.