DYKWIA | 2022 edition

Old Feb 12, 22, 7:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch View Post
Anyone on this London-Turin flight last week? I wouldn’t want to cast aspersions, but I suspect this was more than polite reasonable requests if the pilot did indeed turn the plane around from taxiing. Either way, I do get some slight comfort that flying is well and truly back if actual DYKWIAs are happening. It’s been a while… (apologies for paywall)

Lawyer removed from plane in row over nanny being bumped to economy

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/0...de6a5bed1ede3d
It's got it's own thread
High-flying barrister, 41, and his family are removed from BA flight at Heathrow
Old Feb 12, 22, 7:38 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by docdee View Post

So not high flying then?
mrow, Tobias-UK, alex67500 and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 14, 22, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by citiflyerUK View Post
People not clearing their trays really annoys me and it always seems to be a bigger problem at fast track queues. I guess some people think they are too posh to stack.
At the First Wing today, the trays were severely backed up due to almost everyone being directed to the body scanners.

A well-dressed couple came through, removed from the belt all the trays that were in front of theirs and piled them on the floor, emptied their own trays (6 of them) and then left their empty trays on the belt. I observed all this while I was repacking my own bag on the packing table. I removed and stacked their trays, as I'm sure most people here would have done.

They then seemed to spend the next hour phoning everyone in their address book to tell them (loudly) that they were in the first class lounge. Passengers used to premium travel don't need to tell all their friends that they're flying premium.
Old Feb 14, 22, 7:23 am

Programs: BA GGL (ex-CCR, future silver), Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Misco60 View Post
They were in the first class lounge. Passengers used to premium travel don't need to tell all their friends that they're flying premium.
How do they end up in the Flounge then? GGL partner card from a friend or relative who spends so much time flying they don't have time for a spouse?

If you get gold by relentless economy flying, the Flounge is a place you're very familiar with, and if you're a once-a-year Club or First traveller, you'd be in Galleries Club or the CCR, wouldn't you? (Not sure about other airlines' F options from T5, though, at the moment, or perhaps they got lost and never made it to the CCR.)
LCY8737 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 22, 7:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Misco60 View Post
They then seemed to spend the next hour phoning everyone in their address book to tell them (loudly) that they were in the first class lounge. Passengers used to premium travel don't need to tell all their friends that they're flying premium.
They should just post a Facebook status update like everyone else!
Old Feb 14, 22, 8:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Cymro View Post
How do they end up in the Flounge then?
They were flying First and did not listen to the check in agent tell them about the CCR.
Old Feb 14, 22, 9:32 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Cymro View Post
If you get gold by relentless economy flying, the Flounge is a place you're very familiar with, and if you're a once-a-year Club or First traveller, you'd be in Galleries Club or the CCR, wouldn't you? (Not sure about other airlines' F options from T5, though, at the moment, or perhaps they got lost and never made it to the CCR.)
Flounge - the true peasants lounge. I always suspected as much.
Old Feb 14, 22, 9:44 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
FLounge - that place you pass through on the way to somewhere nicer
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 22, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by OverTheHorizon View Post
FLounge - that place you pass through on the way to somewhere nicer
Depends on your destination, surely?

If flying BA, it’s usually “better to arrive than to travel”, 😎
RB211, jokerjokerj and dougzz like this.
Old Feb 19, 22, 4:57 pm

Edit: ooiops... Wrong forum!

Today JFK T4, DL/VS business class nook... Man jumps out of line, nearly runs over Mrs herzmeh while shouting "I've been in line for 20 minutes. I'm skipping you. I'm Diamond. I'm Diamond Medallion!" and proceeds to skip me and guy in front of me.
My response... Sure, bud, you fly a lot, go ahead... [eye roll]

:
Old Feb 19, 22, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by herzmeh View Post
Today JFK T4, DL/VS business class nook... Man jumps out of line, nearly runs over Mrs herzmeh while shouting "I've been in line for 20 minutes. I'm skipping you. I'm Diamond. I'm Diamond Medallion!" and proceeds to skip me and guy in front of me.
My response... Sure, bud, you fly a lot, go ahead... [eye roll]
Haha... as if Diamond Medallion enables someone to arrive any faster than the others.
Old Feb 19, 22, 8:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Fri 4 Feb at Las Palmas. We turn up about half an hour before checkin opens (2h before flight as usual at an outstation like this) and patiently join the already long Club queue. It’s clearly marked by a sign positioned away from the desks, we are almost at the desk when a very tanned 50s chap and a lady waltz past the queue demanding to be checked in. There is some firm handling by the agent and they are dispatched away - not before he examined the Q in disbelief. Later when we had boarded, I noticed them come on late, examining the Club cabin for a moment, and reluctantly slinking off to 8A&B….
LancashireFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 20, 22, 2:48 am

Also wrong board but having landed in SJO on IB yesterday, the man in 4b rudely pushed past my wife and son in his haste to be first off. I was in 2a and by now in the aisle blocking his further progress.

I then had a sudden rush of kindness and invited his past. I had of course seen the air bridge change direction away from the forward door!
Old Feb 21, 22, 6:16 am

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. BA Au.
Can I report myself?

Left the CCR a week last Saturday to board the JFK flight and when we got to the gate there was only one lane open with a tensa barrier across the priority lane. So we ducked under it and walked to opposite the crewed podium. Got glared at by the operative (who was currently free) and when asked why it was shut were told that they'd called boarding 10 minutes ago so we'd had plenty of time to use it.
NoY, flatlander, wrp96 and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 21, 22, 6:31 am

Programs: BAEC GGL (Gallium Guest List), QRPC Molybdenum, Skywards Zirconium
Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
Can I report myself?

Left the CCR a week last Saturday to board the JFK flight and when we got to the gate there was only one lane open with a tensa barrier across the priority lane. So we ducked under it and walked to opposite the crewed podium. Got glared at by the operative (who was currently free) and when asked why it was shut were told that they'd called boarding 10 minutes ago so we'd had plenty of time to use it.
I disagree this is DYKWIA and the response also sounds highly inappropriate. The priority boarding lane normally remains open for the duration of boarding, it’s not supposed to be a time limited offer …

Search this Thread