DYKWIA | 2022 edition

Old Mar 23, 22, 6:18 am

Programs: BA GGL (ex-CCR, future silver), Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BarelyBAGold View Post
Having flown into LHR on F and connected up to GLA on a number of occasions I have always been permitted to use the CCR prior to my GLA flight rather than using the Galleries F lounge. has the policy changed recently?
Whose F were you flying? If flying BA, you'd be a BA First ticket holder, just by virtue of your inbound rather than outbound flight. If you were flying, e.g., Cathay Pacific or Malaysia Airlines, you would have access to the Flounge but not to the CCR.
Old Mar 23, 22, 9:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Having flown into LHR on F and connected up to GLA on a number of occasions I have always been permitted to use the CCR prior to my GLA flight rather than using the Galleries F lounge. has the policy changed recently?
No, that policy remains and is now extended to include AA First Class passengers connecting onward on BA.
Old Mar 24, 22, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Connecting from an F flight allows access to CCR too.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Mar 24, 22, 5:35 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, Marriott Ti, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card
Originally Posted by Smid View Post
Connecting from an F flight allows access to CCR too.
To clarify - this is correct only when arriving in F on BA or AA.

If you arrive in F on JAL, CX, QR, etc. and are connecting on to a BA T5 flight, it will be the F lounge you are entitled to lounge.
Old Mar 24, 22, 6:05 am

Programs: BAEC
There's a separate AA thread about AA access to CCR. It's clearly stated on the OneWorld website that AA F gets access. But seems lounge agents are not consistent. Strangely, there is no mention of AA access on the BA site. Perhaps an intentional ommission...? I asked for clarification on AA's Twitter and they confirmed access. I'm on AA early April into and out of T5 to/from JFK. Will try my luck.
Old Mar 24, 22, 6:09 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, Marriott Ti, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card
Originally Posted by RichieMc View Post
There's a separate AA thread about AA access to CCR. It's clearly stated on the OneWorld website that AA F gets access. But seems lounge agents are not consistent. Strangely, there is no mention of AA access on the BA site. Perhaps an intentional ommission...? I asked for clarification on AA's Twitter and they confirmed access. I'm on AA early April into and out of T5 to/from JFK. Will try my luck.
Part of the GGL/CK agreement with AA included F pax CCR and Flagship First dining, I believe.

Bringing this back on track, should you encounter any issues at the CCR with your AA F boarding pass I would recommend quieting your inner Cilla and politely but firmly asking for a supervisor.
antichef, T8191, wrp96 and 4 others like this.
Old May 5, 22, 2:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Earlier this afternoon I was in the EDI lounge, waiting for BA8709 back to City. A DYKWIA started a phone call which, by his volume, the whole lounge could hear. From bragging that he was a Gold member, spending thousands on travel with BA to oddly informing us all that his children would get at least 60k each from him this year, it made for painful listening!

At this point he decided to get up from his seat and pace up and down the length of one half of the lounge. I thought he would have got the hint when people started to move away from him but alas no 😂
Old May 5, 22, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by 86BA7 View Post
Earlier this afternoon I was in the EDI lounge, waiting for BA8709 back to City. A DYKWIA started a phone call which, by his volume, the whole lounge could hear. From bragging that he was a Gold member, spending thousands on travel with BA to oddly informing us all that his children would get at least 60k each from him this year, it made for painful listening!

At this point he decided to get up from his seat and pace up and down the length of one half of the lounge. I thought he would have got the hint when people started to move away from him but alas no 😂
Clearly doing it wrong if he's spending thousands to get gold status.......
Old May 5, 22, 2:20 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Ex Plat/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Wozza2404 View Post
Part of the GGL/CK agreement with AA included F pax CCR and Flagship First dining, I believe.

Bringing this back on track, should you encounter any issues at the CCR with your AA F boarding pass I would recommend quieting your inner Cilla and politely but firmly asking for a supervisor.
No Flagship dining for GGL I can assure you.
AA F and Concierge Key get CCR access.
Old May 6, 22, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by Markie View Post
Yes - apologies if that wasn't clear from my post but I was saying that this agreement now means F pax on BA get FFD.
Markie likes this.
Old May 6, 22, 3:02 am

Programs: BAEC
I wonder if any changes will be coming up once BA moves to T8 at JFK. Would seem logical that GGLs (along with F obviously) get access to Flagship Concorde Dining (just made that up). Not sure if this would extend to the other airports with FFD.
Old May 6, 22, 3:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by codfather View Post
Ted Cruz's exact words to a United employee at Bozeman airport were "do you know who I am?!"
He's definitely one who'd probably have an apoplectic fit if you replied "no?"
Old May 6, 22, 4:46 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond [*AG], Finnair Platinum [OW Emerald] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by 86BA7 View Post
Earlier this afternoon I was in the EDI lounge, waiting for BA8709 back to City. A DYKWIA started a phone call which, by his volume, the whole lounge could hear. From bragging that he was a Gold member, spending “thousands on travel with BA” to oddly informing us all that his children would get “at least 60k each from him this year”, it made for painful listening!

The pacing back and forth while talking loudly over the phone is the epitome of DYKWIA's.

Last edited by GOTBound; May 6, 22 at 6:37 am
Old May 6, 22, 6:38 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Ex Plat/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Wozza2404 View Post
Yes - apologies if that wasn't clear from my post but I was saying that this agreement now means F pax on BA get FFD.
OK, do you mean just outbound?
I came in BA F to JFK and wasn't give FFD just last week.
Old May 6, 22, 6:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
OK, do you mean just outbound?
I came in BA F to JFK and wasn't give FFD just last week.
I have a feeling we have discussed this before and someone produced a link to some AA page that was clear it now applies. I have had a look to see if I can find the previous discussion, but I can't unfortunately. Perhaps someone else can help?

Search this Thread