Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Old May 4, 22, 4:09 pm
  #121  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 36,863
Originally Posted by c1223 View Post
How long does it usually take for a partner card to show up on the recipient's executive club? I have a feeling there could be an IT issue due to the COVID extensions etc.. The receipient currently holds a silver card (which is also a partner card). I've had a confirmation email saying the recipient has been invited!
The upgraded status should show up more or less straight away once the recipient accepts the partner card by following the instructions on the invitation email.

This has slightly changed from prior to the website upgrade last year, previously the upgraded status showed once you nominated them. There was no need for them to accept anything.
KARFA is offline  
Old May 4, 22, 4:21 pm
  #122  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nottingham
Programs: BA Gold, Delta Platinum
Posts: 537
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
The upgraded status should show up more or less straight away once the recipient accepts the partner card by following the instructions on the invitation email.

This has slightly changed from prior to the website upgrade last year, previously the upgraded status showed once you nominated them. There was no need for them to accept anything.
No invitation email was received. What's the easiest (quickest) way to sort this out?
c1223 is offline  
Old May 4, 22, 4:26 pm
  #123  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 36,863
Originally Posted by c1223 View Post
No invitation email was received. What's the easiest (quickest) way to sort this out?
you said they are silver already? what card are you gifting them?
KARFA is offline  
Old May 4, 22, 4:30 pm
  #124  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nottingham
Programs: BA Gold, Delta Platinum
Posts: 537
Gold card!
RG1X likes this.
c1223 is offline  
Old May 4, 22, 4:37 pm
  #125  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 36,863
Ok. So that rules out my theory!

I assume when you added them you just used their exec number and name so the email will go to their registered exec club email. Another daft question, I assume they have checked their junk folder?

Other than that, I would wait until tomorrow in case it is being delayed for some reason.

Just to check, are you the recipient or the GGL?
KARFA is offline  
Old May 4, 22, 4:42 pm
  #126  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nottingham
Programs: BA Gold, Delta Platinum
Posts: 537
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
Ok. So that rules out my theory!

I assume when you added them you just used their exec number and name so the email will go to their registered exec club email. Another daft question, I assume they have checked their junk folder?

Other than that, I would wait until tomorrow in case it is being delayed for some reason.

Just to check, are you the recipient or the GGL?
I'm the recipient. GGL gifted me the silver card a few years ago. They've now decided to gift me the Gold card. They did so last week.

I've checked my junk folder - nothing received.
KARFA likes this.
c1223 is offline  
Old May 11, 22, 3:54 am
  #127  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: UK
Programs: BA GfL & GGL, MB Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,748
Is there a timeframe after attaining GGL by which you need to gift the Gold/Silver cards?

Also, if you gift a card to someone who has say 2 months left on their membership year would the gift status expire after 2 months or would they have status for the next year too?

I think it would be unfair for the gifted status to expire especially if the person could not make use of the gifted status during their 2 months before their membership year ends.
MaxFlyer is offline  
Old May 11, 22, 4:12 am
  #128  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Posts: 8,875
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer View Post
Is there a timeframe after attaining GGL by which you need to gift the Gold/Silver cards?

Also, if you gift a card to someone who has say 2 months left on their membership year would the gift status expire after 2 months or would they have status for the next year too?

I think it would be unfair for the gifted status to expire especially if the person could not make use of the gifted status during their 2 months before their membership year ends.
This is worth a read if you haven't seen it.

GGL benefits timing

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34041099-post203.html

Im not GGL, just a plain Goldie, but I'll say this.

If you gift a card 2 months before their membership year ends (always ends on the 8th of the month) then they'll get that 2 months PLUS the following 12 months.

In your case if I'm reading this right you would be better to wait until AFTER the recipients current status (if applicable) expires on their card (always the last day of the following month after the membership year ends)
then gift it.

That way any fortunate recipient will have almost 24 months of the status card your gifting.
MaxFlyer, KARFA and m8_rotate like this.
PETER01 is offline  
Old May 14, 22, 6:36 am
  #129  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 38
Hi all... I find myself with 475 tier points, but haven't taken my qualifying flights for the year yet. Under "Progress to Next Tier", the BA site says that I need 2 more flights to qualify for Bronze; does this mean that I am not going to be able to take advantage of the reduced 450 TP qualification threshold for Silver?
lazarus89 is offline  
Old May 14, 22, 7:52 am
  #130  
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: UK
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 447
Originally Posted by lazarus89 View Post
Hi all... I find myself with 475 tier points, but haven't taken my qualifying flights for the year yet. Under "Progress to Next Tier", the BA site says that I need 2 more flights to qualify for Bronze; does this mean that I am not going to be able to take advantage of the reduced 450 TP qualification threshold for Silver?
You already have the required tier points, but for Silver you need 4 qualifying flights. When you get 2 qualifying flights you become Bronze, when you get 4 you will qualify for Silver.
lazarus89 likes this.
SonicStar817 is online now  
Old May 14, 22, 9:08 am
  #131  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Programs: oneworld Sapphire / Executive Club Silver
Posts: 297
Originally Posted by lazarus89 View Post
Hi all... I find myself with 475 tier points, but haven't taken my qualifying flights for the year yet. Under "Progress to Next Tier", the BA site says that I need 2 more flights to qualify for Bronze; does this mean that I am not going to be able to take advantage of the reduced 450 TP qualification threshold for Silver?
Just out of curiosity, how did you get 475 tier points without any flights?
casey89 is offline  
Old May 14, 22, 9:51 am
  #132  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Juneau, Alaska.
Programs: AS 100K; BA Gold
Posts: 14,345
Originally Posted by casey89 View Post
Just out of curiosity, how did you get 475 tier points without any flights?
By flying on other oneworld airlines. Lazarus referred to “qualifying flights” which are the BA marketed or operated or IB marketed and operated flights needed to obtain status.
lazarus89 likes this.
jerry a. laska is offline  
Old May 14, 22, 10:03 am
  #133  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Juneau, Alaska.
Programs: AS 100K; BA Gold
Posts: 14,345
Originally Posted by lazarus89 View Post
Hi all... I find myself with 475 tier points, but haven't taken my qualifying flights for the year yet. Under "Progress to Next Tier", the BA site says that I need 2 more flights to qualify for Bronze; does this mean that I am not going to be able to take advantage of the reduced 450 TP qualification threshold for Silver?
To add to SonicStar’s answer, BAEC has stated that to use the reduced TPs requirement to requalify one must still take the required eligible flights.
See the main status extension thread here on FT and also the FAQs at Ba.com:
https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...efits#vouchers
lazarus89 likes this.
jerry a. laska is offline  
Old May 14, 22, 10:43 am
  #134  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 38
Originally Posted by SonicStar817 View Post
You already have the required tier points, but for Silver you need 4 qualifying flights. When you get 2 qualifying flights you become Bronze, when you get 4 you will qualify for Silver.
Thank you! I've got a silly itinerary to the US booked on BA metal early next month, so I guess I'll have Silver after that.

Originally Posted by casey89 View Post
Just out of curiosity, how did you get 475 tier points without any flights?
I'm hub captive to Qatar Airways
LCSinTexas likes this.
lazarus89 is offline  
Old May 16, 22, 2:41 am
  #135  
rum
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All good weekends in the UK begin at Heathrow :)
Programs: Amex MR, A3, BAEC
Posts: 195
In need of some tier points to requalify for Silver with reduced number of points, I was hoping to do a return trip to JER. Managed to pay for an upgrade on the outbound leg, but the return leg is showing that I "cannot upgrade this leg". Could anyone kindly shed some light as to why this might be? Is it a matter of trying to upgrade the return leg on the day of the flight or is there some way it can be done at the airport?
TIA all!
rum is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread