Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Old Apr 26, 22, 9:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer View Post
As a new GGL I've been reading through the very thorough and useful info on FT as well as on BA. One thing that I'm unclear about is do I receive the CCR card now or only when/if I re-qualify in year 2?

Thanks
there is no CCR card anymore. basically that benefit is now part of being a GGL, so once you reach that level you get access based on being a GGL. as soon as you first qualify as a GGL you should get your welcome pack including your card within a few weeks.
MaxFlyer and m8_rotate like this.
Old Apr 27, 22, 2:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ GGL / Avis Preferred/ Hilton Honours Diamond
As a new GGL I've been reading through the very thorough and useful info on FT as well as on BA. One thing that I'm unclear about is do I receive the CCR card now or only when/if I re-qualify in year 2?

Thanks
Congratulations on making it onto the GGL, I got in today. My account was updated overnight., which was good to see, given BA's current IT woes. Of course, I won't be leaving my own mug in the CCR for a while, like some we know.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 27, 22, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
there is no CCR card anymore. basically that benefit is now part of being a GGL, so once you reach that level you get access based on being a GGL. as soon as you first qualify as a GGL you should get your welcome pack including your card within a few weeks.
I think in the past, BA made a distinction of whether you got something like 3000 TPs or 5000 TPs to issue a CCR. You're now saying that for this year, if you renew at 2250 TPs or 3000 TPs in a normal year, CCR is included?
Old Apr 27, 22, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
I think in the past, BA made a distinction of whether you got something like 3000 TPs or 5000 TPs to issue a CCR. You're now saying that for this year, if you renew at 2250 TPs or 3000 TPs in a normal year, CCR is included?
Yes, So previously CCR card was a separate benefit which you got at 5k TPs. This changed last year, and now CCR access is a benefit of GGL status. There is no separate qualification level for CCR access, and no separate CCR card. This will be the situation going forward from now on, unless BA changes it in a few years time to something else.

EDIT: thread which deals with the change last year Changes to Concorde Room Access and Pre-Flight Dining for Silver and Gold Members
lsquare and m8_rotate like this.

Last edited by KARFA; Apr 27, 22 at 6:50 am
Old Apr 27, 22, 7:34 am

I'm sure it's been asked a million times, so apologies (I can't seem to find an answer).

My year end is 08th May and I've got extended Silver until June 2023. To take advantage of the reduced Gold tier points, do I need to collect them by the end of 2022, or will the reduced target still apply to me if I hit it between January and April in 2023?

I thought it was the latter, but now I'm not sure from reading a few articles.
Old Apr 27, 22, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 100K; BA Gold
Originally Posted by RG1X View Post
I'm sure it's been asked a million times, so apologies (I can't seem to find an answer).

My year end is 08th May and I've got extended Silver until June 2023. To take advantage of the reduced Gold tier points, do I need to collect them by the end of 2022, or will the reduced target still apply to me if I hit it between January and April in 2023?

I thought it was the latter, but now I'm not sure from reading a few articles.
The reduction is only available until 31DEC22. See the discussion here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2019473-20-apr-22-update-baec-status-extensions-qualification-thresholds-reduced-311.html
Also see:
https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...s-and-benefits
air_boi and AJA_ like this.
Old Apr 27, 22, 9:16 am

Ouch, thanks. Might be a bit of a problem for me as I have a holiday bonus I'll be relying on and obviously as things stand it's taking forever for those to post.
Old Apr 29, 22, 1:26 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, MB Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
As a very new GGL my account shows that I need 3000 TP to requalify for GGL. I assume thatís if I work towards my April 2023 renewal date, however, can I safely assume that if I reach the 2250 reduced threshold by 31 December 2022 that it will renew at the reduced rate?

Iím asking as it doesnít say anywhere on my account about the reduced rate.
Old Apr 29, 22, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 100K; BA Gold
As a very new GGL my account shows that I need 3000 TP to requalify for GGL. I assume that’s if I work towards my April 2023 renewal date, however, can I safely assume that if I reach the 2250 reduced threshold by 31 December 2022 that it will renew at the reduced rate?

I’m asking as it doesn’t say anywhere on my account about the reduced rate.
Look back a few posts where Karfa explains GGL renewal, 2250 for this calendar year.
Also see the extensions thread. Here is one of the posts:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34183923-post4599.html
MaxFlyer likes this.

Last edited by jerry a. laska; Apr 29, 22 at 5:12 pm
Old May 3, 22, 12:17 am

Activity statement not available

Hi,
Is anyone having issues accessing their BAEC activity statement? I can see my recent activity under the account summary but when I try to see the complete statement I keep getting an error message saying info not available. Been having the same problem for over a week now, both on the BAEC app and the desktop version. Thanks
Old May 3, 22, 10:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH
My MMB page has changed, and I cannot see how many tier/avios points I will earn for upcoming flights. Other than using the BA chart on the "how many avios will I earn" section on the BA site, where else can I see how many I'll earn? I have already checked my email receipts, and it isn't there either.
Old May 3, 22, 11:00 pm

Also, I checked the BA site avios calculator for a different flight, and I am super confused. I booked AA flights XXX - CLT - SAN in First (which is Business domestic). According to the BA site for the CLT - SAN segment, AA booking class D doesn't earn any tier points. Is that correct? I thought it would be 140 tier points.
Old May 4, 22, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by Blue Skye View Post
My MMB page has changed, and I cannot see how many tier/avios points I will earn for upcoming flights. Other than using the BA chart on the "how many avios will I earn" section on the BA site, where else can I see how many I'll earn? I have already checked my email receipts, and it isn't there either.
If you click on the link at the top of the page in new style MMB, you should be able to go back in to the old style MMB where TP and avios earnings are much clearer.

Originally Posted by Blue Skye View Post
Also, I checked the BA site avios calculator for a different flight, and I am super confused. I booked AA flights XXX - CLT - SAN in First (which is Business domestic). According to the BA site for the CLT - SAN segment, AA booking class D doesn't earn any tier points. Is that correct? I thought it would be 140 tier points.
See here, there is an error on those tables atm Tier point calculator error on ba.com for AA flights in certain classes
Blue Skye and m8_rotate like this.
Old May 4, 22, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
If you click on the link at the top of the page in new style MMB, you should be able to go back in to the old style MMB where TP and avios earnings are much clearer.
I am not able to see anywhere on my MMB page to switch to the old design. Have they quietly done away with it? I tried both the UK site, and the US site. There is no link at the top, under the welcome message, or inside the white box with my acct info. Is there a URL "hack" that could get me to the old site?

ETA: NVM, I logged in using Safari, and found where in the new design the tier points are located. Click on manage booking, scroll down to where your name is shown, there underneath there is a line about how many tier points you'll earn. Not intuitive, but at least I can correctly calculate what tier points I'll get for flights already booked. Thank you again for your help.

Thank you for your informational reply regarding the booking class.
KARFA likes this.

Last edited by Blue Skye; May 4, 22 at 8:11 am
Old May 4, 22, 4:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Delta Platinum
How long does it usually take for a partner card to show up on the recipient's executive club? I have a feeling there could be an IT issue due to the COVID extensions etc.. The receipient currently holds a silver card (which is also a partner card). I've had a confirmation email saying the recipient has been invited!

Search this Thread