FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2064009-your-guide-executive-club-attaining-status-earning-avios-2022-edition.html)

corporate-wage-slave Apr 1, 2022 8:33 am

Originally Posted by AJA_ (Post 34126437)
Yes they should all qualify as they are either BA operated (the AA flight no's) or BA marketed and operated (the BA flight no)

And I agree!

ringingup Apr 3, 2022 5:15 am

Is there a thread where we keep track of all routes and aircraft with Club Suites and new First suites?

Re Club Suite. I know that A350s are all Club Suite, no First. I've Found the 777 thread. I know that there should be a few 787 as well...

What about First with door on 787s?

abraxias Apr 3, 2022 8:27 am

Originally Posted by blurt91 (Post 34123036)
Like you I had never thought that I would ever make gold, but with the reduction to 1,125 TP this year, it has brought it within reach. Fortunately I did the calculations before I bought a return BHD MAD for June and by booking CE will mean I will reach 1,125 this year...just! The thing that really swung it for me, is that knowing that with the soft landing, whatever happens next year, I will still be silver in 2024.

Same for me - I don't really need/want gold because silver gives me all the benefits that I value, but this year I can sneak Gold before the end of December so giving me Gold until April 2024 and Silver until Apr 2025, it's hard to turn that down! The savings I get from having status are mainly that I just fly Y in Europe a lot because I'm hardly fussed about not getting fed or watered on a flight that lasts an hour and a half.

Okrib Apr 10, 2022 2:09 am

My previous plan of getting Gold via a couple of long haul flights on Qatar now seems unlikely due to a change of plans. I now need to do it via a tier point run to get 950 points before 8th June. Reason for this is to be able to use points to get down to Australia at Christmas in business, the fares are extortionate (circa £6k each for a family of 5) so the cost of the tier point run is very small compared to the ability to force open seats (even for double Avios) as we collect so many of them through the business.

KARFA Apr 10, 2022 2:13 am

I think you will struggle with that, there aren't many decent TP run fares atm. I think there is an exDUB fare to the US which is about £1.2-1.3k to the west coast and could get you around 720 but I think it is 6 months advanced purchase.

I would perhaps look at doing some short haul + fares if possible, so SOF or others if it is still available at a reasonable price for 160 TPs a go. Also there is the LHR-HEL return in J for about £250 bookable via travelup or crystal travel.

casey89 Apr 11, 2022 6:39 pm

Hi all,
not sure if this is the right thread (please forward me to the correct one if it is wrong, but I have about 105.000 Avios in the household account and I am missing about +-300 tier points to the BAEC Gold right now. I don't need the Gold status at all costs but I would like to plan one more trip this year to California (actually I have never been on award flight before).
From mid-September to end of the October to SFO or LAX and if by any chance I could fly-in to one city fly-back from the other one it would be just perfect (LAS is also great). The problem is when I try to search for the award flight I get really non-sense offers (like 300.000 avios + 2.000 GBP in charges) etc. Am I doing something wrong or is this the kind of fares you get when you want to buy an award flight? I am really willing to pay some fares to fly at least in WTP one leg and the other one in CW.

dadio77 Apr 14, 2022 12:41 pm

Hi All,

A really basic question from me and apologies in advance...! I'm starting to travel abroad for work, which I haven't done for some years - I need to fly to DUB and back next Thursday and the Aer Lingus service from BHX suits me just fine - when I try to book via BA to add to my avios/tier points the fare is £205 as a bag is being automatically added which I don't need, whereas on Aer Lingus it is £133. Even though work are paying I don't like to take the mickey so will book direct.

Do I need to register for an Aer Lingus account, and how will this be linked to my BAEC so all avios/tier points are in one place? I know I won't earn much on this one flight but this will be a regular route for me so I want to maximise the awards over time - am I missing something really obvious here?!

tedmak Apr 14, 2022 4:54 pm

Iberia

I travelled to Madrid on a BA booking that was through the BA app but operated by Iberia Express.
when will I get the points added to my account? I can’t see anything and my flight was on Monday 10th April.

thanks in advance

m8_rotate Apr 14, 2022 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by tedmak (Post 34165883)
I travelled to Madrid on a BA booking that was through the BA app but operated by Iberia Express.
when will I get the points added to my account? I can’t see anything and my flight was on Monday 10th April.

thanks in advance

So a similar situation for me, but traveling on IBERIA in March on a multi-leg booking, there is a link in the BAEC area, you need to be logged in I think, pasted below for ease. I filled that in it got rejected, you may have better luck. When it was rejected I called up, and an agent talked me through a process, which was then sent to a back-office team. My account was updated within 3 working days with the Avios and Tier Points. Of course, you could also call direct. For partner Airlines the BAEC page says you should wait 7 days before chasing up the points. I waited for calendar days 7 days. I hope this helps.

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb

tedmak Apr 15, 2022 12:31 am

Originally Posted by m8_rotate (Post 34166502)
So a similar situation for me, but traveling on IBERIA in March on a multi-leg booking, there is a link in the BAEC area, you need to be logged in I think, pasted below for ease. I filled that in it got rejected, you may have better luck. When it was rejected I called up, and an agent talked me through a process, which was then sent to a back-office team. My account was updated within 3 working days with the Avios and Tier Points. Of course, you could also call direct. For partner Airlines the BAEC page says you should wait 7 days before chasing up the points. I waited for calendar days 7 days. I hope this helps.

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb

Very useful. Will wait another few days before submissions.

Bit bizarre that Ibeeria is classed as a partner airline, but we are where we are.

Someone really needs to beef up the IT and customer 'service' at BA.

JessicaTam Apr 21, 2022 5:54 am

There are not many 2,000+ mile runs from AU without going to Asia.

PER-SYD and PER-BNE are the only domestic ones on QF.

QR have just added ADL-AKL as a 5th freedom flight, and at 2,025 miles just sneaks in. At US$1,500 not exactly MR territory, but might help someone.

bubbah Apr 21, 2022 11:23 am

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question. I have been trying all day to buy Avios on my account but it keeps coming up with Error. Although i am signed in when I go to buy Avios it makes me sign in again the comes up with error there..

RockyRobin Apr 24, 2022 8:14 am

I went for dinner at Brindisa tapas four days ago.

Today I’ve noticed 1714 Avios delivered to my account.

i hadn’t ticked up to any promotion, any ideas how this happened?

LapLap Apr 26, 2022 3:05 am

Originally Posted by bubbah (Post 34184686)
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question. I have been trying all day to buy Avios on my account but it keeps coming up with Error. Although i am signed in when I go to buy Avios it makes me sign in again the comes up with error there..

I got a message saying that I cannot log on as they are upgrading the system. There were two “helpful” links inviting me to learn more about this and both took me to Error pages.

MaxFlyer Apr 26, 2022 8:54 am

As a new GGL I've been reading through the very thorough and useful info on FT as well as on BA. One thing that I'm unclear about is do I receive the CCR card now or only when/if I re-qualify in year 2?

Thanks