Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2023, 1:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Philsam123
Morning
I was checking my TP balance this morning and for some reason a trip I was looking at on matrix ITA has appeared on MMB without me paying any money, I think I’ve seen something similar on the forum. I’m very confused at the moment any assistance with what to do will be appreciated. Thanks
did you hold the booking on BA/AA sites?

If you merely searched for and priced up an itinerary on matrix I can't see how it is possible for a booking to be created even if it is unticketed. Putting aside that there is no link between matrix and GDS/Amadeus/Sabre anyway, there is nowhere to put your FFP number in matrix so where would that have come from to allow it to get linked to your BAEC account and appear in your future bookings list?
Old May 31, 2023, 1:16 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by KARFA
did you hold the booking on BA/AA sites?

If you merely searched for and priced up an itinerary on matrix I can't see how it is possible for a booking to be created even if it is unticketed. Putting aside that there is no link between matrix and GDS/Amadeus/Sabre anyway, there is nowhere to put your FFP number in matrix so where would that have come from to allow it to get linked to your BAEC account and appear in your future bookings list?
I did visit the BA booking page to see if the fare was genuine (it was) I must of been logged into the BA site via another browser on my laptop from a past visit. About holding a booking no I never had one no money left any account, other then the above reason as to why I’ve been given a ghost booking. I’ve got no idea what to do with it will it cancel out or am I stuck with it?

Last edited by Philsam123; May 31, 2023 at 1:33 am
Old May 31, 2023, 4:28 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Philsam123
I did visit the BA booking page to see if the fare was genuine (it was) I must of been logged into the BA site via another browser on my laptop from a past visit. About holding a booking no I never had one no money left any account, other then the above reason as to why I’ve been given a ghost booking. I’ve got no idea what to do with it will it cancel out or am I stuck with it?
Is there a ticket number associated with the booking?
Old May 31, 2023, 4:49 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by golfmad
Is there a ticket number associated with the booking?
BA appears to be down right now but I do remember seeing two reference numbers for the flights, there were no options for baggage or anything ticket/ check in related those where greyed out.
(Update checking against my older trips there are no ticket numbers found anywhere)

Last edited by Philsam123; May 31, 2023 at 4:57 am
Old Jun 8, 2023, 3:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
My ‘year end’ is Apr. I attained enough TP by Dec 31st ‘22 to retain Gold on the special offer, but also managed to gain 1500 points before Apr 8th ‘23.I anticipated moving down from GGL to Gold. Imagine my surprise when I casually checked my account in May and it read Silver status. Is there any way of challenging this by email rather than hanging on for days on the Silver exec club line? An email address maybe? Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 10:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Dicksbits
My ‘year end’ is Apr. I attained enough TP by Dec 31st ‘22 to retain Gold on the special offer, but also managed to gain 1500 points before Apr 8th ‘23.I anticipated moving down from GGL to Gold. Imagine my surprise when I casually checked my account in May and it read Silver status. Is there any way of challenging this by email rather than hanging on for days on the Silver exec club line? An email address maybe? Thanks in advance.
If I'm understanding your post you had 1500 TP's before your TP collection year which ended on the 8th April 2023. You should therefore be Gold until the end of May 2024.

Did you take the 4 eligible flights?
Old Jun 8, 2023, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by PETER01
If I'm understanding your post you had 1500 TP's before your TP collection year which ended on the 8th April 2023. You should therefore be Gold until the end of May 2024.

Did you take the 4 eligible flights?
Yes, which makes it all the stranger. Plus I also made the lower threshold by Dec31…
Old Jun 8, 2023, 2:17 pm

Yes, which makes it all the stranger. Plus I also made the lower threshold by Dec31…
Id just raise a complaint with BAEC stating your issues. It should be a simple fix hopefully!

Here

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...rtal#pageTitle

Once you log in you can see this*

Raise a complaint
Avios and Executive Club Issues.

*An issue with my membership benefits
Dicksbits likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2023, 11:00 pm

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
general status / seating question.

Anecdotally, I find that when seated in economy and the plane not being full, I am given an empty seat beside me. Is this a policy perk of status members or a random benefit that accrues to me?
Old Jun 26, 2023, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by testycal
general status / seating question.

Anecdotally, I find that when seated in economy and the plane not being full, I am given an empty seat beside me. Is this a policy perk of status members or a random benefit that accrues to me?
This is a perk of status although not guaranteed. Thread below
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ispreloading=1
Old Jun 28, 2023, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by PETER01
Id just raise a complaint with BAEC stating your issues. It should be a simple fix hopefully!

Here

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...rtal#pageTitle

Once you log in you can see this*

Raise a complaint
Avios and Executive Club Issues.

*An issue with my membership benefits

just as a follow up they responded via email to my Twitter DM and put me back to Gold.
PETER01, KARFA and AJA_ like this.
Old Jun 28, 2023, 10:03 am

just as a follow up they responded via email to my Twitter DM and put me back to Gold.
That's great Dicksbits and thanks for posting back

It's always nice to hear how a situation ends and glad you got it sorted
Old Jun 29, 2023, 9:45 am

Does combining avios points between Avios - BA - Qatar refresh the expiration date, effectively meaning that I don't need to worry about points expiring in either of these programs as long as I have some transfer once a year?
Old Jun 30, 2023, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by PETER01;35314545
Did you take the[b
4 eligible flights?[/b]
My bold.
Thinking of switching from AA to BA. Assuming I fly enough (TPs) to qualify for Gold. Since I reside in US, but visit Europe often. How best can I fulfill the 4 eligible flights quickly within Europe?

TIA.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by allset2travel
My bold.
Thinking of switching from AA to BA. Assuming I fly enough (TPs) to qualify for Gold. Since I reside in US, but visit Europe often. How best can I fulfill the 4 eligible flights quickly within Europe?

TIA.
If your looking to take 4 quick 'qualifying' flights whilst in the UK what you could do fly is fly BA domestically or fly (as below) USA-LHR-XXX to Europe? This is what is classed as a 'qualifying' flight for info.

Alternatively if in the UK you could do some sort of LHR-EDI return or do a multicity cheapo ticket? Lots of options really.

See here

02 What is a qualifying flight?

Examples of criteria used to determine a qualifying flight:

BA operated + BA flight prefix
BA operated + other flight prefix
Other carrier operated + BA flight prefix
IB operated + IB flight prefix

Other threads of interest perhaps?

British Airways silver - the 4 eligible flights?
Status 4 eligible flights
Gold Renewal Qualifying Flights

Pete
allset2travel and AJA_ like this.

Last edited by PETER01; Jun 30, 2023 at 5:13 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.